It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Bowl Security

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I was just listening to NECN a local new station and the topic was Super Bowl Security. The gentlemen (name I did not get) discussed the different branches of service that would be present and this pretty much included everyone but the Coast Guard.

One interesting comment was that the additional armed forces were going to be running drills during the Super Bowl. Looking back at the Boston Bombing there was a great deal of skepticism that it was out of the ordinary that a drill would be conducted during the Marathon.

I disagree and believe this to be a perfect opportunity to implement new technologies. It's also a great time to practice new maneuvers to an audience that is preoccupied in the festivities going on.

Although most would say this is a false flag starting to occur I would disagree and call this a great training opportunity. I'm off work so I will not respond any time soon.

I'm curious to know what the ratio of security to civilian will be that day?

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

I wonder about the sanity of anyone who would go to the Superbowl knowing there are snipers up high with their fingers on the triggers. But, they are trained professionals, you say. How many of your trained professional co workers would you count on in a life or death situation? I bet there are a few you would say no to. What makes you think the profession of sniper is any different? People are people no matter the profession and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ohioriver

So you would prefer no security? This day and age with extremist willing to detonate suicide bombs or truck bombs you really can't stop it, but you have to do something.

How much is too much and how much is not enough? All that security would be the perfect example to show that we cannot stop it.

I can think of some very simple methods that I won't divulge so as not to give anyone ideas but I dont think trigger happy snipers is a concern. Pretty sure they will have the best on site, especially if it is military.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by tinner07

So you wanna trust the Gov. to keep you safe. Here is a novel idea. Why not make the individual responsible for their own security? I could almost guarantee if they seen something out of place it would be brought to everyones attention. I get having metal detectors and security guards. What I don't see is having some mentally deranged power hunger above the law snipers training guns on innocent people in the name of keeping them safe. Google "police brutality" and see how many stories come up about it.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

tinner07
reply to post by ohioriver

So you would prefer no security? This day and age with extremist willing to detonate suicide bombs or truck bombs you really can't stop it, but you have to do something.

How much is too much and how much is not enough? All that security would be the perfect example to show that we cannot stop it.

I can think of some very simple methods that I won't divulge so as not to give anyone ideas but I dont think trigger happy snipers is a concern. Pretty sure they will have the best on site, especially if it is military.

Living in fear is no way to live. And no one should support tax payers money being used to provide security at a private event. The owners of the NFL should be footing the bill.

top topics

join