It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO New York

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Doesn't seem like the object is displaying characteristics of being lit from either side.

My best guess is "bird".

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

If the object was close,the front would have been illuminated by the sun much more than it's,and not just the edge.
How far the object away is, I have no clue

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Probably.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

NONPOINT21

FisherSnake89
Is this a UFO.

snakefisher89.deviantart.com...[/url]

Any experts out there, that would like to help me identify this

This was shot in 2013,my camera set the wrong date,derp.
edit on 31-1-2014 by FisherSnake89 because: choice

I'd also caution you to use the word "expert" on this site and especially about this topic. None of the replies you're going to get could be considered to be from an expert in the subject and field of UFO's. Unless someone like Stanton Freidman is replying with his 40+ year of study in the field.

Sure many on here think and claim to be experts but that's laughable.

REALLY what about people who have 30+ years taking pictures BECAUSE at the end of the day that's what we are looking at can the OP confirm a rough time that the picture was taken
edit on 31-1-2014 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

FisherSnake89
Any experts out there, that would like to help me identify this

I've seen this kind of thing before:

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

FisherSnake89

If the object was close,the front would have been illuminated by the sun much more than it's,and not just the edge.
How far the object away is, I have no clue

I'm not sure how the distance from the camera would change the way it was lit.

What if one of those building across the Hudson River in your image was instead 50 meters from the camera (yes -- in the river
). Would the way the near building was lit be different that the lighting on the farther away buildings?

If so, then why?

edit on 1/31/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   

1. I'm not your teacher.
2. Look at the clouds.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

FisherSnake89

1. I'm not your teacher.
2. Look at the clouds.

Well lets see your Kodak camera uses a tiny 1/2.3" sensor which has a crop factor of about 5.64 the data on your exposure from the site you posted your picture is as follows

Shutter Speed 1/639th second Aperture F/4.9 Focal Length 6 mm ISO Speed 64

The camera as a zoom of 3x optical with a 35mm camera equivalent of 34-102mm as you can see shot was taken at 6mm focal length so 6 x crop factor of 5.64 = 33.84mm.

So we can tell that the camera was at it's wide angle setting you were most likely focusing on the buildings opposite for that size of sensor focused at that distance at the aperture of f4.9 everything from about 5ft to infinity is in focus.

The shutter speed was 1/639 of a second so looking at all that most likely things small bug close to camera or a bird further away providing it was not a dirt spec on the lens.
edit on 1-2-2014 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

FisherSnake89

1. I'm not your teacher.
2. Look at the clouds.

I know you're not.

However, you posited the notion:
"If the object was close,the front would have been illuminated by the sun much more than it's,and not just the edge."

So I asked why you would think that. Why would "how it is lit by the sun" matter if it was 100 meters away or 1000 meters away. Granted, if it was 1 foot in front of you, you could possibly be able to see more of the side of it, thus you may see more of the lit portion. However, being 100 meters away opposed to 1000 meters would afford you virtually NO more of a view of the side of it.

Like in my example, would a building 100 meters in front of you have more of the front lit by the sun than on of those buildings across the river (500+ meters away)?

So I asked you the clarify why you felt the way you felt (i.e., why you felt what you said was evidence showing that the object was far a way (above/beyond the buildings?), and I would think it is not unreasonable to hope you would answer my question.

This is a discussion board, after all.

edit on 2/1/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Wow Fantastic Photograph.

I have no idea what it is.

But I can tell you that big white thing underneath, is a cloud, not a flying, giant, fluffy, puppy dog laying on a blankie.

Lucky we cleared that up, before things got way out of control.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join