It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tara People

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by Char-Lee

My husband is always swearing his stuff gets moved. He swears he put this item here but now it's gone. But we always find it because in actuality he just can't remember where he puts stuff. He is terribly disorganized. It's funny and sad because he gets mad thinking I put something away or moved his stuff then when I say you always swear you left it there but we always find your stuff where you really left it. Two days ago it was his gloves. I know I put then in this top drawer. I know it. I tell him look in the car that's where I last saw them but he just argues no. Later we found the gloves in the car.
Everyone thinks they have a good memory. Some just don't.

This is true and yet there are the other things.

One day I could not find my hair comb I keep in a basket of hair things in the bathroom. I always use it and toss it back into the top of the basket in a drawer never used by my husband, no one else ever in our bathroom. I don't carry a purse I don't take the comb from that room.

One day it was not there. I searched, I searched again. I moved all the furniture as my comb is not ordinary and I cannot replace it. I removed the cushions in all the furniture, I moved the furniture. I looked in the basket a dozen times and on the second day I sat on the floor ,and because people overlook things, I took each item from the basket and sat it down holding each and deliberately looking at it.

No comb. I decided after looking through the kitchen cupboards and the refrigerator to check the basket the only place I ever put the comb again...I sit down and again take each item out and hold and look at each until the basket is empty, by now i am going crazy the house has been tossed and my husband is mad because I won't just buy some other comb so he brings one home, nothing like mine.

Third day, I open the drawer to put the new comb away and my comb is on the top of the basket.

Explanation, none.

But as I said I have had pictures that are on a wall moved across the room when I go back to the room they were laying on the bed, my home is inside a six ft fence with no entry and I am alone.

Explanation none!

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Meldionne1

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by Meldionne1

I don't believe a word of the story but if I entertained any ideas conman would be the least likely as there is never a payoff or gain for this Tara person. If you're a conman you have to con someone. So far according to the OP it's just people coming to her door no breaking in , no confidence tricksters scaming her. Nothing at all.

I think you misunderstood me,...the people coming to the door are not conmen....Tara is the conman and has told these people she lives there, or used that address....it's not unusual for people to run scams via internet or on the street corner and get money from people. All Tara has to do is make up a name, a story, an address, and voila.....she gets money from poor suspecting people. It happens all the time every day....and if she's not caught...she'll use the same story until it doesn't work anymore.
edit on 1-2-2014 by Meldionne1 because: (no reason given)

Why would she send the beautician and Mormons?
edit on 1-2-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ForteanOrg

I wonder if it would do the OP more harm than good to have a phone/video camera ready every time someone comes to the door. Then, as soon as the person starts asking for Tara, she starts recording them. If they are truly innocent, I think they would just be bewildered by her actions. If they are not innocent, they will probably not like being video taped. They will probably run off, but might try to grab the phone/video first...

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by fenian8

Whos grasping????

Deny Ignorance, that is what this site is all about. If you want to offer sympathy for her plight feel free.

I think many people including yourself misunderstand the statement "deny ignorance". The saying refers to having discussions on subjects until they can be clearly defined, using intelligent discussion, instead of ignorantly accepting or denying any information.

There is nothing more ignorant than dismissing any claims in this world full of mysteries without even discussing and examining them.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by athenatree

Kind of cool, but also kind of spooky.

I hope the situation resolves itself and maybe you'll see "Tara" one day and she can explain herself to you.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I don’t think I will be posting here any longer. I was hoping to maybe figure out what was going on or at least get some ideas for what I could try next. Instead I just feel like I am being accused for something that I did not even ask for.

Clearly it is your choice to continue or not but...

39 people have placed a flag on your thread which shows they are interested in discussing your plight. Unfortunately there are so many Hoaxers now days people will feel the need to grill you and I hope you will just handle that even though it is uncomfortable.

Many have tried to give what advice and insight they could. I have to say getting a last name would be number one on my list. The beautician surely should have known her last name to make an appointment but back then you were probably not as aware that this would be ongoing.

Many cannot even begin to comprehend or are afraid to acknowledge that there are truly (to us) odd things that happen in this mysterious world of ours, just because we don't understand these things.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Sorry.... i didnt mean to offend....clearly you were offended. Please dont be.

For what it's worth, I believe you, and that your story is happening as we speak. You really should not leave this discussion as im sure that the collective insight of ATS'ers will eventually solve this!

Peace and good luck!

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

kaylaluv

I wonder if it would do the OP more harm than good to have a phone/video camera ready every time someone comes to the door. Then, as soon as the person starts asking for Tara, she starts recording them. If they are truly innocent, I think they would just be bewildered by her actions. If they are not innocent, they will probably not like being video taped. They will probably run off, but might try to grab the phone/video first...

I was thinking of a hidden camera that didn't have to be drilled in, but somehow mounted well, there must be such devices. However, if this is a real case, I would consider this to be so potentially dangerous and even to my son, that even answering the door with a camcorder nearby and grabbing it whenever Tara is spoken of, and telling them you find this really strange and your recording is connected to investigation office, so don't try anything funny, might be a good idea.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Rainbowresidue
For someone to be really upset at you, and organize a 300+ group of people, and to last over 3 years???
It's too long, and very unlikely.

Well, if you throw out gaslighting as a theory, you are in good company: some psychiatrists and psychologists assume that people that believe that gang-stalking is real are "an extreme community that may encourage delusional thinking". Yay, ATS!

However, there are plenty of people that swear to have been group-stalked. You may want to check out this site. Or check out this page. And it seems quite normal to stalk a victim for years. Even stories about MIB and BSWs might at least partially be explained by the dubious activities of such groups. You also do not have to organize such groups yourself - merely find one that is willing to do the work for you. Some of these groups consist of self-proclaimed vigilantes and if you feed them the proper story, they will act. Other groups require your help in return to help stalk another target. In some cases the members of these groups are former victims who are being blackmailed into action. There are "professional" stalking groups whose members are employed by secret services, which use these tactics to harrass people that are regarded enemies or adversaries of the state or country.

All in our imagination, of course. I mean, come on, why would WE, whom deny ignorance, believe such impossible things..

edit on 1-2-2014 by ForteanOrg because: added site (fell off first time)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

kaylaluv

I'm not sure that would be a good idea, it may provoke unwanted actions on the side of the presumed stalkers. I still believe the best thing OP can do is warn the police, tell them she believes she may be the victim of group-stalking and follow their advice.

The OP might also consider having a permanent security camera installed (e.g. a dome that contains a camera) which monitors the door 24 x 7 and records any conversations going on. They are relatively cheap nowadays, for about 100 bucks you're in. Any recordings the OP makes would also help to convince the police that there is something strange going on.

And I for one would love to see theme too - but that's just curious old me.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Dear ForteanOrg,

I believe this is an alternate universe scenario.

I assume you believe this is a Gaslighting scenario.

I respect your opinion, even if I chose to stick with another answer myself, because that's what felt right for me.

I believe you and I are both trying to help this person.
So, it's all good.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
This is a fascinating story. I don't believe that it's a made-up tale--I fully believe that poster is telling the truth. But it's very puzzling. The most rational explanation posited so far is the one about there being some sort of organized gaslighting attack, but that doesn't explain why there would be years between when the first person asked for Tara and when droves of people started showing up. We don't know much personally about Athenatree, so I can't comment on why she would be a target for something like that, but I suppose it's possible. But it just seems weird that an organized attack would be so hyper-focused on one subject, with no further escalation of violence or harassment. That Tara is a scam artist using Athenatree's address doesn't make sense in the context of people claiming to have been in the apartment talking to her personally just days or weeks ago.

Now to the woo-woo stuff: I've had several people in my life over the years claim that they had experiences with portals in their apartments. My sister once called me complaining about a man who kept showing up in her apartment where she lived with her husband. She said that he was coming in through a portal next to her bookshelf. He was fairly harmless but she wasn't comfortable with him just hanging around. Apparently he was lost and didn't know where he lived. Her and husband did a ritual and asked him to leave. I told her to visualize closing up the portal after the man had left, and he never came back after that. I had a friend who says there was a portal in her bedroom and that all kinds of things were coming in and out of all day long until she sealed it. And I've heard several other people mention portals as well. I wonder if it's possible that there is some sort of portal situation going on here--maybe there is confusion because Tara is using a portal in the apartment to come and go, and the people are meeting with her there in some other dimensional reality that doesn't stay stable. So when they come back to find her, she's not there. That might also explain the missing objects. I wonder if getting a reputable psychic in there to investigate would be helpful.

I hope Athenatree comes back to this thread, because I would be really interested in a follow-up to see if this persists at her new place after she moves out of this apartment.

edit on 2-1-2014 by Rhoswen because: extra word.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhoswen

I wonder if it's possible that there is some sort of portal situation going on here--maybe there is confusion because Tara is using a portal in the apartment to come and go, and the people are meeting with her there in some other dimensional reality that doesn't stay stable.

OR Tara has a portal outside her door, when they come close to knoke they are knocking on the counter reality door, when they step away they are back in their own reality.

I know people laugh at these things but when I was 11 a man appeared in my sisters and my bedroom. He was dressed from the period of the apartment we rented 1800's, he had a cane in his hand and a top hat a wool looking suit with vest and tails. The house had belonged to a Dr. (something) Medicine Show, he had left several wooden crates full of red liquid in old fashioned bottles with cool old labels in the master bedroom closet along with a beautiful cane.

Anyway he simply looked at me and then looked around the room at my sisters sleeping, he did not seem scary very calm and relaxed looking, but I yelled for my Mom anyway. She came and he disappeared she said, "yes well he seems to live here and he won't hurt you so go back to sleep." I guess she had seen him many times in the Master bedroom where she slept.

My little sister and I had our new patent leather shoes disappeared from the beautiful entry way cabinet they used to have... tallboy? A lot of stuff would go missing and some reappear we never got our new shoes back. The locked doors would always be opened in the night which was scary we used added locks.

The place was all furnished in gorgeous old antiques like new the rugs were beautiful must have been worth a fortune. The dining room was closed off by glass and polished wood walls with double beveled glass doors with glass knobs, the dining table and chairs were gorgeous! The bedroom furniture and livingroom were all like stepping into the past, perfect and new. (the roof leaked a bit, the place was old and above a law office)

The guy that rented it to us gave it to us for near nothing, why did they not just sell the beautiful furnishings, instead of renting to a woman with 7 kids.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
It's very irritating when you drop something in your own house, and within a blink of an eye,it's gone. That seems to happen when it's little important things, like jewelry, or coins.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Oh for the love of Ghod!!!!!

Theres NO misunderstanding!

I shall quote yourself,

I think many people including yourself misunderstand the statement "deny ignorance". The saying refers to having discussions on subjects until they can be clearly defined, using intelligent discussion, instead of ignorantly accepting or denying any information.

I have used intelligent discussion, it is clearly defined and i am most positively NOT ignorantly accepting what she said. So Char-Lee please understand me.

I DON`T BELIEVE THE STORY!!!!

If shes in a weird time slip, whatever, good on her it`s the only way she can go and work a 16 hour shift at the same time as working from home and home schooling her child! Thats whilst every other day people are looking for Tara.

She told the tale, i gave my opinion, which if I don`t misunderstand is the whole purpose of this site.

Or okay i agree with everything she says so as not to upset the apple cart.

What? Am I going to be trolled till I accept what she said regarding the `Tara People`???

Believe what you want, just don`t try and make me believe the same. Because you won`t.

Now go be a troll somewhere else please.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by fenian8

I am glad Char-Lee is sharing her paranormal experiences that are related to this thread, and I believe she was trying to be helpful in a polite way when explaining the meaning of the term 'deny ignorance'.

I also think while you are at it, you should look up the definition for 'troll', because that she is clearly not.

Ps: I believe what is happening to the OP is fascinating and scary at the same time. I'm glad I'm not in her shoes, and wish she could get to the bottom of it before she and her son move out.

If you don't agree I won't try to change your opinion, I merely just stated mine. That's all.
edit on 1/2/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by fenian8

16 hour shift at the same time as working from home and home schooling her child! Thats whilst every other day people are looking for Tara.

Well there you are with another empty thoughtless statement. Clearly a person who works from home like my own sister-in law can need to work 16 hour days! Set your teenage son to lessons as you work...what does she need to hang over his shoulder to check his work?

The way you express yourself is rude to say the least. yelling all over the place calling names and deciding without even trying to discuss it first that someone is a liar!

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

fenian8

I DON`T BELIEVE THE STORY!!!!

Good for you. But just out of curiosity, are you twelve or thirteen? Is anyone forcing you to believe it? Is anyone sticking a gun to your head and forcing you to read and believe it? Put things into perspective a little bit and try to act like a human.

I wish the op would come back and do some follow ups. It is at least an interesting story. Her tone and bearing don't indicate she's lying, but even if she was, I think it's agreed it's entertaining. Can't people just calm down?
edit on 1-2-2014 by TheEnchanter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Empty thoughtless statement?????

Are you for real??

OK I believe everything. As for name calling and yelling??????

OK i believe that too.

And no am hardly twelve or thirteen, if I was I would believe this fairy story.

Seriously WTH????

I`m sorry i don`t believe the story, will you stop trolling now????

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by fenian8

You can't see that you use the ATS Deny Ignorance motto to say "I am right and whatever I think is right, everyone elses opinion is ignorance." Now i am pretty sure the Motto was not meant to work like that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join