It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Bank Halts All Cash Withdrawals & Russia Bans Bitcoin.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Something that seems to be lost from the OP content is that what the central bank in Russia is doing is actually a GOOD thing.

They are cracking down on shadow banks and banks that use speculation and derivatives to gouge the public.

Instead of seeing this as some global control of currency, it should be viewed as a positive thing for average people.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Arnie123

Wow all that without answering one question i asked

You will not have police support in any county you invade

So why practice drills with them unless you plan on using that drill in a real world situation?

Please answer my questions

Or admitted that there is no reason

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

WeAre0ne

DarksideOz
reply to post by jude11

This is just further proof that all the money that people have in a certain bank isn't actually all there, and if everyone that had money in that bank then decided to all take out their savings, it would expose the banking fraud to even the most gullible of bankers. If the banks had the money that people have in their saving accounts, then there wouldn't be a need to put a limit on withdrawals from saving accounts.

Sorry, I know you just want to repeat the same old conspiracy everyone thinks about, but I have to point out a little bit of ignorance on your part.

Most banks allow us to access our money from anywhere. For example, I can withdraw money from any BofA in California, and I can also fly to Florida and withdraw money from any BofA there as well. So how can we expect all banks to have all of their customers' physical money at all locations at any moment? They would have to have every customers' total account balance at every single brick and mortar bank, which is impossible. They would have to have the total sum of all customers' balance multiplied by the number of physical bank locations they have, including ATM machines. They simply don't have that much physical money.

In order to provide this convenience of accessing our money from anywhere, they have to divide the money up between all their banks, and set limits to how much someone can physically cash out in one day (unless you ask for it in advance), as to provide others with a similar service as you. They have to physically manage how much physical money is at each bank.

You must not know how banks work or something?

Kudos to both of you guys because you are both right! First WeAreOne. You are dead on accurate that the banks need to split their cash assets as equally as possible throughout the system. The term "equally" is based based on many demographics like population density, locale and the like even taking into consideration things like special events and yes even racial makeup of the area. The biggest driver though is the withdrawal amount records. By averaging and data mining say the last 5 years you'd get a pretty good idea of how much you'd absolutely need in order to facilitate business on a regular basis. That would be your bottom dollar so to speak. Then you would have a cushion amount and an emergency fund for "hand of god" types of events and local emergencies and that's about all your average bank has on hand. If you want to make a large withdrawal you have to do it over a couple days or put in notice that you will need a large amount of cash. I had to do that one time at my credit union. I was making a purchase of $14k and could only get $9k on any given day. So I went twice, no biggie, I understand. We are all good so far. You can get your cash, you just have to wait a bit for large chunks.

Which brings us to Darkside. His theory or suggestion is still accurate because even if we all put in a 30 day notice and brought them muffins each morning up until the 30th day we could all still not get our money. We could all give a 100 day notice and still, no nachos. Why? Because of what they do with the money that's left over. They invest the cash that they don't need liquid and try to make profits. They do it for profit for themselves and to pay you interest on your deposit. There's no way banks could get to all cash assets in less than a year at best. Small banks maybe but not the big boys. The bigger they are, the longer the wait. And it would result in every bank being insolvent and the financial collapse would be complete and total. Banks, insurance companies, many major corporations would vanish instantly.

So kudos to you both for bringing up excellent points and being passionate about it. I'd also note that this article is about Russia stopping all cash withdrawals. Which is an ENTIRELY different animal. But that's a subject for another time.

Be excellent to each other. Party on dudes.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Those at present planning the future of this World, are about to turn back the clock. Their intended or pre-planned 'Tommorrow' will be a literal Dark Age.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Russia is just a single Mafia anymore and they are playing thug games. It seems the rest here in the states are just trying to scare everyone into buying more Gold to get the price back up or the shat is really going to hit the big fan this time. One will only know when you wake up and turn on the TV to see riots everywhere and people simply freaking the hell out. Me, I am going to sit back and wait for the wars to start. I would give it a few days after a collapse in a major nation before the armies start moving on a huge scale for a fight. Why? So they can seize riches and resources.

One can just sit back and watch the show at that point. Not much you can do about anything.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Another_Nut
reply to post by Arnie123

Wow all that without answering one question i asked

You will not have police support in any county you invade

So why practice drills with them unless you plan on using that drill in a real world situation?

Please answer my questions

Or admitted that there is no reason

Would it not be in case WE are the ones invaded? Obviously the police and military would be working together if we were on the defense and not the offence... amirite?

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Patriotsrevenge
reply to post by jude11

Russia is just a single Mafia anymore and they are playing thug games. It seems the rest here in the states are just trying to scare everyone into buying more Gold to get the price back up or the shat is really going to hit the big fan this time. One will only know when you wake up and turn on the TV to see riots everywhere and people simply freaking the hell out. Me, I am going to sit back and wait for the wars to start. I would give it a few days after a collapse in a major nation before the armies start moving on a huge scale for a fight. Why? So they can seize riches and resources.

One can just sit back and watch the show at that point. Not much you can do about anything.

So it is thuggish to crack down on shadow banks and speculators? Seems like a good thing to me

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by samara11278

You are correct

We are the country being invaded

Good job on catching this

It escapes many

Including at least one person in this thread

Good looking out

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Has anyone been looking in to investing in Bitcoin? I'm still considering. I have bought gold and silver. Don't know if Bitcoin is a good idea...

Anyone know where to trade it? I have found this site - Bitcoin Investment, but can't determine whether or not it's a good idea.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by rasmusberg

Th problem with bitcoin is everything accept bitcoin. The formula that makes bitcoin is in my ways flawless, so far not you can't manipulate it. Its basically a very complex mathematical code.

That said, the only weak link to bitcoin as I see it, is you yourself. If you computer gets crashed you just lost all your money, if your pc is hacked your basically sending your money to someone else.

In the event of an EMP everyone loses his money.

Even though as cool as bitcoin sounds I find it ridiculous, no one should have to work as slaves to earn a living, but "making money" out of thin air without having to do anything for it is just as ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by rasmusberg

Bitcoins have no actual value and they're incredibly volatile, so it's probably best to avoid them unless you are a trader. You sound more like a long term investor, and if you've invested only in gold and silver, you would probably benefit more from diversification than you would gambling with bitcoins.

In regards to OP's topic, I think it's important to realize that only one bank in Russia is halting assets for a short period of time, and most likely, that one bank holds a very small percentage of the Russian people's total assets. This headline would certainly carry a lot more weight if the lending institution was one of Russia's top 10 by assets.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Mamatus
I am not preparing anything past a few dozen rounds and a bug out bag. When TSHTF I will wait outside a full blown preppers house. EDITED BY STAFF Preppers will be targets unless they live within a like minded community....

As the whole idea of prepping is PREPAREDNESS......don't ya think they have been warned about people like you? ...or the whole world trying to take what they have? Do you not think they are prepared for you? Common sense man.

ADMIN NOTE:
Please refrain from posting threats of illegal action on the boards. Thank you
edit on 31-1-2014 by Crakeur because: edited commentary out

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Fearthedarkforiaminit

I really think a solid back up plan is the first thing needed to be discussed before any action is taken. So often, we as a group of people make the mistake of reacting to the emotion of a subject and storming the streets in protest, but no one ever seems to have a better plan, or even a back-up plan.
And I always asked myself the question, what if we remove the corrupt Government, who then gets to decide who is the new government ? What process do they use in picking this government ?
Is it a straight out first past the post winner, will it be similar to a Westminster system ?
Which what form of currency do we use, or do we actually use a cashless society which would actually be a better system if you removed the total control intentions that apply to it now ?
What happens to peoples bank accounts that existed prior to a major economic collapse ?
Do those that have savings just have it all wiped under a new system ?
Do those that owe money still have to pay it ?

These are just some of the many questions that need to be asked so that if their was a major collapse, the transition period would be minimised, and the chaos in between the transition will also be minimised.
In my opinion, talking about these topics are just as important as talking about what survival tips you might need to survive a major collapse and total chaos. Actually I would say it is more important that finding out survival techniques, because if we get the planning side right, there is little need for survival skills !

But most people have buried themselves in so much debt to "live the dream", that they would rather continue to contribute to the very system that keeps them in financial bondage, instead of looking at why they are in financial bondage.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Can not see anything about this on any Russian website.
The closest article i can find is Russian Central Bank warns against using Bitcoin

Russia’s top financial regulator is warning citizens against using virtual currencies, as they could be tied to gangs into money laundering and terrorist financing. The Central Bank warning follows bans by China and Europe on “dubious” cryptocurrencies.

Bitcoins are illegal under their federal law and i can assume that being a federal law it was written before bitcoins were introduced, and Russia hasn't just decided to ban Bitcoins overnight.

The Russian Central Bank (CBR) issued a statement late Monday warning that virtual currencies, or “money surrogates” are illegal under Article 27 of the Federal Law “On the Central Bank of the Russian Federation”.

Chapter VI. Cash Management

Article 27. The ruble shall be the official monetary unit (currency) of the
Russian Federation. It shall be equal to 100 kopecks.
The issue of any other monetary units or quasi-money shall be prohibited in
the Russian Federation.

I don't really know anything about Russian laws, but from what i have gathered; this is the "law" of the Russian Reserve bank, Not the Law of Russia itself.
Article 27 of the Russian Federal Law states.

1. Everyone who is legally present on the territory of the Russian Federation shall have the right to travel freely and freely to choose the place of temporary or permanent residence.

2. Everyone may freely leave the Russian Federation. Citizens of the Russian Federation shall have the right freely to return to the Russian Federation.

Food for thought..............
edit on 1/2/2014 by wycky because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

WeAre0ne

DarksideOz
reply to post by jude11

This is just further proof that all the money that people have in a certain bank isn't actually all there, and if everyone that had money in that bank then decided to all take out their savings, it would expose the banking fraud to even the most gullible of bankers. If the banks had the money that people have in their saving accounts, then there wouldn't be a need to put a limit on withdrawals from saving accounts.

Sorry, I know you just want to repeat the same old conspiracy everyone thinks about, but I have to point out a little bit of ignorance on your part.

Most banks allow us to access our money from anywhere. For example, I can withdraw money from any BofA in California, and I can also fly to Florida and withdraw money from any BofA there as well. So how can we expect all banks to have all of their customers' physical money at all locations at any moment? They would have to have every customers' total account balance at every single brick and mortar bank, which is impossible. They would have to have the total sum of all customers' balance multiplied by the number of physical bank locations they have, including ATM machines. They simply don't have that much physical money.

In order to provide this convenience of accessing our money from anywhere, they have to divide the money up between all their banks, and set limits to how much someone can physically cash out in one day (unless you ask for it in advance), as to provide others with a similar service as you. They have to physically manage how much physical money is at each bank.

You must not know how banks work or something?

I don't believe it was ignorance on my behalf. You actually acknowledged the very point I was making in your response. "They simply don't have that much money". And if they don't have that much PHYSICAL money, then the whole system is a shame, which is all I was saying. If I put $10,000 into a bank branch, then I should be able to take out UPTO $10,000 from that branch at my choosing. Why should my access by affected due to how much money other people MAY withdraw ? A bank was supposed to be a safe holding place for OUR money, but what do we have today............money created out of thin air, banks spending customers money and then being bailed out with minimal punishment and bailed out by the taxpayer [end user], banks now dictating to us about how we can access OUR money.

I know enough about the banking system to know its corrupted from the top down. And I know enough to know that it is used as a form of control of people more than it is a control of currency. I also know that a private banking cartel has no legal right to be in any country, let alone be dictating to that countries Governments, like we see now see everyday. I also know enough to know that every country that doesn't sign over to this corrupted banking cartel then seems to be labelled a "terrorist threat" and then invaded until a new puppet regime is installed which is always in the cartels favour. And I also know enough to know that all this cash limit rubbish from the banks, is just yet another small step towards a cashless society, which they will fully control. You can easily electronically transfer $20,000 from your account to another persons account, but if you need more than $2000 cash..............yeah well good luck with that.

The banks don't have the physical cash to pay out on everyone's accounts, then what does that say about the whole system ?
I also know enough about the people that started the banking system we have today to know that their intentions were never anything but sinister and the whole banking agenda has been rigged in their favour from the start. all we are seeing now is the final plays of that plan, before we move onto their next plan of a cashless society.

I might not know as much as yourself about the banking industry, in your opinion, but I do know enough to know how wrong and corrupted is. If pointing that out makes me ignorant, then what do you class as not being ignorant just out of curiosity ?

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by WeAre0ne

And that "same old conspiracy" that you refer to...............is that the same "conspiracy" of a cashless society that even the blindest of citizens couldn't argue that we are heading towards it more and more everyday and the results prove my point. The same "conspiracy" about the banking cartels that have been proven to exist, and the wealth of these people would also explain their role in the cartels. They have even been telling us for the last 10 years that THEY want a cashless society. But what THEY don't go onto say is that a cashless society will give total control to whoever controls the cash, and who controls the cash again...............the banks, who owns the banks at the end of the day.........the cartels !

But no, nothing to see here, move along people and keep making that transition to a cashless society so THEY can't be blamed for it. If you can't see these things happening around you on a daily basis, then you my friend need to go and look up the word ignorance before throwing it around at others. And I do apologise for supporting a conspiracy theory on a CONSPIRACY SITE of all places. I mean, what was I thinking ?

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
This is a question,
IF we get to a point where banks no longer allow you access to your money, will we not be in a place where our money has no/very little value? If it did have a minute value, it wouldn't for long. Who wants to take payment with something that has no monetary value?

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I hardly ever use cash - will all electronic transactions be stopped as well?

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Man I have been on ATS long enough to see these threads come and go year after year.

They said the same thing in 2006 2009 2011 2012 and last year and 2014 wont be any different.

Im not saying the threat isnt real the banks do own us and we are their playthings dont doubt. But all this cage rattling is just that, fear mongering.

My prediction nothing on the scale of economic collapse will happen. There are too many people who stand to loose too much if it does.

time will tell

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Hr2burn
This is a question,
IF we get to a point where banks no longer allow you access to your money, will we not be in a place where our money has no/very little value? If it did have a minute value, it wouldn't for long. Who wants to take payment with something that has no monetary value?

Good question.

Perhaps the banks not allowing cash withdraws is a way to force a move to the cashless society we know is imminent.

Very easy to achieve their goal this way IMO since they control all money and access to it.

I still can't understand how people put all of their hard earned money in a bank and pay to take it out, transfer funds etc. It's YOUR money and you pay to get it back? It's like asking permission to take out your own cash.

Wow!

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join