It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can't find a decent MP3 player

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

I've got two players that have held out quite nicely.

The first is a Sony NWZ series 8gb player - at the time, it was about $90 - Pros were that the battery life held out fairly decent (I got a week out of the thing), it's small, and has a nice heavy metal case surrounding it. I've only had one major glitch, but that was fixed with a firmware update. Sadly, it has limited memory, and requires a special cable (my cat thought it was spaghetti, so it's nearly chewed through). Going on about 5 years with it now.

My other player is a Phillips GoGear Muse second gen, which is a basic touchscreen player. The model I have can play almost any music format out there (I was so happy it could play FLAC) - it also runs about $90 now. What was nice about this one is that it had expandable memory, and uses a typical USB mini cable (same type used on most USB devices). I use this for all my sleep aids, as they are usually in FLAC format.

If you want basic (as in basic with no fancy features), take a look at the Sony Walkman series - you can find many of them used for pretty cheap, and they do last a while.

-fossilera

<< 1   >>

join