It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five hunters gunned down in Wisconsin woods

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Sheriff's deputies are investigating the killings of five hunters Sunday in northwest Wisconsin -- bloodshed apparently sparked by a dispute over a hunting spot. A suspect has been arrested.

Source: CNN

Tragic incident indeed -and one can't blame the weapon policy either..

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Wow, over something so temporal...

I don't think gun controls the problem, it's the idiots behind the trigger that is the problem. America is not exactly a social utopia..

Deep

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Pretty bad. I wonder if alcohol was a factor.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Bah 5 less dumbasses to pass on their stupidity to the next generation.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Maybe its time to change the gun laws. IMHO people that wish to recieve a lisense to hunt should be given a mental test to evaluate them periodically. To make sure they are still of sound mind.
Also maybe to make sure guns do not fall into the wrong hands, pass a law that states if a crime occurs that weapon owner should be charged with that crime along side of the actual criminal that used the weapon to commit the crime. So that gun owners would check thier weapons every so often to make sure it has not been stolen.
But guns are like drugs. In our nation we will never be able to controll either. Just another no win situation

My heart goes out to the families of these victims.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu

What? Who would ever take a flask of warmth with them on a morning of hunting?!?

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

Originally posted by taibunsuu

What? Who would ever take a flask of warmth with them on a morning of hunting?!?

Some dumbass. But this country has no lack of dumbasses.

Certain things don't mix with alcohol. Tree stands and guns are just two of many.

I'll just wait for the 'All hunters are dumb and deserve to die anyway' posts to roll in.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Tree stands and me don't mix, regardless of BAC. I've fallen off so many things, shattered so many bones, you couldn't get me in a tree stand is you had a half empty bottle of Jack in one hand and was pointing a revolver at me with the other hand.

Besides, hunting requires being out in the cold. I don't do that anymore unless there's a paycheck involved.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
To those who blame guns, remember this. "If guns kill people, then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel fat." In other words, blame the person, not the object.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
When I heard this news it made me sick.

People can be so irresposible some times.

I was at the range the other day and we were shooting clay targets. About 100 feet away from us were a group of four 15-17 year old kids shooting also. They were playing around, throwing clays at each other. had there shotguns over there shoulders instead of leaving them in stands like everyone else when they werent shooting.

We complained to the DNR guy and found out others were complaining also and made the kids stop.

What really mad me mad
was that later I found out they didn't have any adult supervision and the mom was sleeping in the car.

People need to be more careful and also more sane.

Later,

Reason

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Whats tha odds?

I think there is something a little more cynical going on here! Like some mafia style shiznit.

For some reason I think this guy was probably sent there to kill. Think about the way it went down.

Hunting accident my booty!

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   
They were just singing along with haarp!!!

Just kidding really, but just how many senseless, stupid acts of violence was reported this weekend....there were the two ballgames, and this....and well, I think I am missing one or two....

and oh, ya, the mass eruption of fights on my kid's bus on the way home last Friday.....participation of over half the bus!!

I think us americans have gone, are going nuts, myself!!

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I read this article yesterday, and I have to say that this guy is an idiot. Who in their sane mind is gonna shoot all these people for a tree post that was clearly on their property?? Retards like this should get the chair, but thats just my opinion.

[edit on 23-11-2004 by Peeder]

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
To those who blame guns, remember this. "If guns kill people, then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel fat." In other words, blame the person, not the object.

hahahahaha
Thats so true!

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser

Sure, guns don't kill people; people do. Buuuuuuuut, the presence of guns makes it so much EASIER for those people in question to commit the act. How many mass murders have been committed in a short space of time with a knife? Colombine minus guns = a few deaths at most.

Cigarettes don't kill...smoking them does. So let's keep sellin' 'em.

Nuclear weapons don't kill people; people with fingers to push buttons with do. So come on, let's sell nukes to every little country that wants them. We'll just make sure we educate them first that blowing up millions of people is naughty. Simple.

new topics

top topics

join