It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My sleep paralysis experiences. Absolutely terrifying.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I know some people believe sleep paralysis is a paranormal phenomena so posted it here. The first time it happened i saw the door open and it walked in, turned my head in fear and it was looming over staring, i couldn't breathe. I researched and found out it was sleep paralysis, thought it was a ghost at first until i saw how many other people get it. But I have had some freakishly terrifying and morbid ones including auditory hallucinations.

here are my two worst. Make of them what you will. Please post your stories and if you believe they are spirits or extra dimensional beings or whatever explain the meaning as they are far from pleasant.

I have had some terrifying ones. One time I was having a nice dream I was in a meadow with a tree with a rope swing coming off a branch and in the next field was wheat field with a nice cottage thatched looking house and it was a really sunny, warm evening. I could hear a young girl singing a nice song in the wind while I lay there. Probably the nicest beginning to a dream I have ever had. So I was laying in the long grass and she was singing about the sun, birds singing and just nice things I was so chilled. This continued for a few minutes. Then the lyrics started to sound morbid. Stuff like 'He knows you are here'. This is at a point where I was getting sleep paralysis often and knew who the singing girl was on about after a moment, a shadow person. At first I was thinking 'this is starting to get weird whats going on.' 'then I realized I could control my thoughts and was semi conscious but still dreaming and was like 'oh #'. I could start to see dark shapes in the corner of my eye while dreaming darting about. and then the girl sang 'He will snap your back!' in a mocking voice and I instantly woke fully and opened my eyes and saw right away the shadow man right on top of me grab me. As a reaction I arched my back and it clicked in time with the grabbing so I thought for a moment he had snapped my back due to it clicking so much when I arched it. i remember it so clearly it was one of the worst. It was the only time where a dream had transitioned straight to paralysis. Also the only time where I was able to move another body part other than my head. Some people often report not being able to move at all but I usually am able to turn my head.

The second worse time was when I woke and heard a muffled voice from downstairs even though everyone was asleep. it grew louder and louder and stopped for a minute like it came up the stairs. Never getting too loud though. I turned my head to the side of my bed and I was staring right at it. It's hands holding the side of my bed it was screaming at me. I could see its face elongate showing it's mouth was opening despite it being all black. It sounded like white noise and a man screaming into a radio sort of sound, hard to describe properly. It's the only time I had an auditory hallucination during the paralysis and was terrifying. I shut my eyes and it started to fade until nothing when I opened them.

So yeah, thanks for reading.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Goblin

I used to experience SP all the time, and it is quite terrifying. I never really had any terrifying experiences like you have... my episodes usually happen when I fall asleep on the couch, and whatever I'm watching on TV at the time kind of morphs into my SP experience. For example, once I was watching something about Alaska and bears, and I fell asleep, and soon after I was in the middle of a SP episode. I could hear the TV, and I was aware that I could not move and that it was difficult to breathe. I thought that a bear was attacking me and in my mind I am screaming for my wife to wake me up, and my wife was sitting on the love seat next to me and she finally shook me and woke me up. She said all I was doing was mumbling. I have had some other SP experiences where I thought that my soul was trying to leave my body, and one time it seemed that it did, even though I know it was in my mind. I remember when my soul left it fell off the bed, and the room had a purple tint to it. Pretty strange. I have learned over the years to recognize when an episode is happening, and now instead of fighting it I calm down and let it happen... that makes it much easier to deal with and they are no longer scary or disturbing because I can tell myself that it isn't real.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

The time where you fell out of bed sounds kind of like an OBE to me. I learnt to sort of recognize when it was going to happen at times so could fight it off when I was trying to learn how to OBE by being calm and controlling my breathing, a bit like you perhaps. I never got to experience it as I got too scared during the paralysis part and pulled the plug, my paralysis were always messed up. But when I was trying to OBE I felt like my soul was being sucked out. It felt like when a dementor sucks harry potters happyness but no pain. I could tell i was lying flat on my back but felt a pull like I was leaving my body. I stopped though because it was freaking me out haha. I only ever had sleep paralysis over the period of a couple of months and then it stopped. Very strange as it was during an uneventful time of my life.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Hey, first of sry my english is very limited but i try to share my experience of the sleep paralyze i had once.
One day i was bit frustraded and stressed, my whole body was tired and i walk in my room and drop down to my bed, soon as i hit the bed my body froze complitely,i heard this weird noise in my left ear it iched and sounded like radio channels searching really fast in my ear, i tought myself that i know what this is, its part of sleep paralyze and i can maybe focus it to get out of body experience,perhaps learn to astral project, soon as i try to chill out and meditate i got anxius feeling and lookd my right side as good i could and i saw this naked man full of brilliant coloured tattoos in hes body, he just smiled at me and i freekd the sh!t out, i try to get up but couldnt and i had to really fight hard for it to push myself out of it, it felt like my eyes rolled back to my head while i push and then i got my body moving, i jump up and boy was i energized of this nice little rest...
This was first time i could remmeber this kind of sleep paralize happend to me and i cant figure out what the hell was it but it scared me quite bit. I seen pretty crazy dreams now and then but this was while i was awake and what i saw was real not dream but how can it be real since it dissapeared soon as i got my self up from the bed.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I have had my fair share of sleep paralysis also, I used to find myself Almost unable to move and felt like I was forcing against the paralysis, what used to wake me was that I would actually break the paralysis on me and start to move then I would wake up suddenly, a sensation I used to get all the time was of being suffocated and my face and head would feel hot even if I was cold when I awoke, this was accompanyed by shadow form's which I often saw while wide awake and I felt as though I was in a war with multiple enemy's around me whom I could not interact with on a level field, there were other's though like small flashes of light and small flying point's of light, on one occasion I saw a being like pure light but as I tried to approach it the thing disappeared as if I and it could not coexist, the shadow forms were and are the most pervasive and often I have awoken as if by some sixth sense to once awake see a shadow fade away from right over my on my bed, I have a habit after many years of this of trying to attack the thin air where it was and believe it know's I intend to hunt it once I am free.
You are stronger than them remember this, fear can give you strength but also they can feed on it, they tend to feed on negative emotions as you are pressed by there manipulations into leaking some form of energy they can use and they created depressive scenario's around you as well as causing the emotions of even those living with you whom are not aware as you are to sometime behave in an erratic and emotion tearing fashion to yourself, try to weather any such occurence's and remember that your loved one's and acquaintances are relying on you to be there rock so weather these occurences as calmly and rationaly as you can.
They can harm you so don't think they can not as those whom want to make use feel safe like to peddle but I believe we can harm them so are not defenceless sheep, they are like slavers whom attack the near defenceless living but you can fight them by not giving in.
The house where I experienced the bulk and highest frequency of such actions was a house where three people of the same family had died over ten year's before we moved into the property and it was not a nice place but there was at least one being/person whom I to this day believe was innocent among them.
Have you or do you live in a property that should be blessed by a minister.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

I live in uni halls at the moment so assume not. I don't think my last house was where I got the SP unless the previous owners did or ones before them.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
i may be a weird one but i actually enjoy msp now,i enjoy the rush.

first time it happened i freaked out but after a few times i seemed to know what was happening and was able to control it.

i,ve posted about this before and mine seem to be the classic where you know some one is in the room with you and you feel like some one sits on top of you before you rise up and then thats when you wake up.

first time it happened to me i woke up actually in the process of screaming,the gf was like what the hells wrong with you?

i,ve had it quite a few times that i now know when it happens i know its just night terrors and can seem to control what happens when i go through it.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Hi Blue Goblin,

Have you come across anything related to temporal lobe epilepsy in your attempts to understand your sleep paralysis?

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

There was some research done on the passage to adolescence and teenagers passing into adulthood, now though university student's are adult they are usually young adult and that much energy in one place must be like a beacon, they are perhaps attracted to the more sensative? souls among the crowd, Poltergeist activity which is another form of paranormal activity (though some sleep paralysis and maybe the bulk of it is actually probably psychological in origin) has shown this link between young adolescent's and young adult's, if it help's I was 23 when I experienced the bulk of mine though strange thing's have happened around me for the bulk of my life and only eased off once I passed the age of 35 though I still have experiences to this day, sleep paralysis I have thankfully not experienced for quite some time.
If spirituality is an energy and religion focuses it then all those learning enquiring minds condensed into a small locality and with very little religion or spirituality among the bulk of them what must that energy be doing.
Good luck with your studie's and do not let this distract you from them, These experiences can take on a life of there own but put your normal life ahead of them and focus on your study's. Best of luck.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

No I've never heard of it until you posted just now. I'll do some extra looking into this thank you.

Edit: Had a brief look, I don't really think this is what I have.
edit on 30/1/14 by Blue Goblin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

Thank you very much, I'll stay focused. SP is so bizarre it's like there really should be more to it than simply an awake dream. But I don't know. I certainly have a lot of energy, I am going to the gym a lot haha. Hopefully I don't get them again for a long time.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Let me help you out...

medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com...

Temporal Lobe Epilepsy

The Kindling Model

Feel free to U2U if you have any questions.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I think these scenarios are in direct relation with being in a state of half consciousness and half asleep - therefore experiencing dream like things while awake - not being able to move because the body is still in that relaxed state of sleep.

I've had similar instances, in fact one last night where I was watching the finale of American Horror Story Coven (amazing btw) and I found myself in a dream very much like the episode. Intriguing actually.

~Sovereign

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SovereignEve

Yeah this is what i think it is. Mind wakes up before body does during REM so SP happens. It's really strange though how during a normal dream my dream adjusted and acted like it knew the paralysis would happen like when the girl singing in my dream started singing about the shadow man.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Had it many times. It is very terrifying. Someone once told me it was the demon Incubus. There's a female version that goes after the men. I thought I was the only one for a long time. For a long time I feared falling asleep. Whatever it is I hope I never experience it again!
edit on 30-1-2014 by ladybug121 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ladybug121

Maybe that's why I sometimes wake with morning wood.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Your dream adjusted BEFORE waking up?
Maybe your dream just started to change into a nightmare, you realized this was happening in the dream which in turn caused you to start to wake up (once you become aware in a dream a lot of things begin to happen) and while in the process of waking up you got stuck in that state... just like how you mentioned

~Sovereign

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SovereignEve

yes this sounds about right. As I became aware in the dream what the singer was describing it was a real 'Oh man. Crap!' moment. It's so weird and interesting and scary. It was such a beautiful start to the dream. I'd love to have it again and it go right this time.
edit on 30/1/14 by Blue Goblin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Lol maybe...some she demon has the hots for you ha ha

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
umm.. i have no idea what kind of experiences you're having, but i've had a lot of sleep paralysis. and it more-so doesn't have much to do with the dream, but how you're feeling.

I am in physical pain, usually in my entire body. Completely lucid, and paralyzed, unable to move, it can feel difficult to breathe, but for me, I think it mostly has to do with blood pressure. Like, the pain in my body has something to do with blood pressure, I feel it surging through my body.

The most annoying thing about it is that you cannot wake up, you cannot move, and it hurts really bad. It can be extremely terrifying, but it's the kind of fear that you feel like you actually may die like this, and there is no escape. I've experienced sleep paralysis for hours at a time. It usually doesn't get so frightening I feel like I'm on the brink of death, but it's always the same. Can't move, can't wake up, hurts really bad.

From what your describing it reminds me of how the artists depicted it centuries ago. I don't think the actual dream plays a significant role in sleep paralysis.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join