It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Cherubim planes or spaceships?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

IMHO yesterday's mythology is tomorrow's science fact regarding technology.

Sharur was the ancient Sumerian mace, owned by the warrior-god Ninurta, that was capable of speaking, and teaching, someone how to fight. During an actual battle Sharur was said to command Ninurta, advising the young god on how to best overcome his adversaries and ensure victory.

Moralltach, the "Greater Fury" of Irish myth and legend was owned by Manannán mac Lir, Aengus mac Óg, and Diarmuid Ua Duibhne. The blade was said to always hit its target, and it was believed that wounds one suffered from it would never heal, and the recipient never fully recover.

In Norse myth the spear owned by Odin, called Gungnir, was said to have the power to sway a battle. Whichever side Odin chose, all that was necessary for them to achieve victory was his tossing of the spear over them. Like Moralltach above, Gungnir was also believed to be incapable of missing its mark.

Now, those three examples are of "yesterday's mythology," as you call it. Gungnir from 1100 years ago; Moralltach from 2000; and Sharur from about 4000. Yet, I do not see our own Sharur, Moralltach, or Gungnir. I do not see Skíðblaðnir, the boat owned by the Norse Vanir Freyr, capable of folding itself to fit inside a man's pocket. I do not see the Solar Barge of Egyptian mythology, on which Re and his company sailed through the skies, and then the Duat (Underworld).

I must disagree that "yesterday's mythology" is "tomorrow's science fact".

"What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun." Ecclesiastes 1:9

Whether analyzed with the head, or the heart, that verse is terrible. It teaches us that there is nothing new to be discovered, nothing to achieve that hasn't already been done. If you take that message to heart, then you will find a life without success. Consider, as a response, any number of these things:

The automobile, the airplane, skyscrapers, air conditioning, electricity, the light bulb, tape, CD and DVDs, the untold number of new and undiscovered species coming to light every couple of months, space shuttles, man stepping foot on the Moon, Curiosity exploring the surface of Mars, Uranus and Neptune (the planets), the Andromeda galaxy, the printing press, the internet, steel, the periodic table of elements, a staggering amount of mathematical formulas and disciplines, toothpaste, soap, solar panels, aspirin, the whole of anesthetics...

That list goes on, and on, and on, and on. All of it, every single thing on there, was "new under the sun," or at least it would have been, had the people of the ancient world lived long enough to see the discovery/creation of it. If I were to take that verse to heart, and then use my head to analyze it, this is what I would arrive at:

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. But those who think there is nothing new to come, are even worse off."

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Utnapisjtim
reply to post by MerkabaMeditation

Is God's throne in the center symbolising the Sun a sign of heliocentric world view? Around the throne are the four Seraphim: Planet Mercury with its traditional four faces? Next is the Morningstar Lamb: Planet Venus? And is planet Mars symbolic of the Word of God how he is clad in blood red garnment? Just a thought....

One could write an entire book on this subject, but I will try to get my ideas out there. First, you have to understand that religions use symbolism to obfuscate the true nature of their teachings.

I postulate that the sun between the Cherubim that you mention is in fact "The Crown"; the Keter in Judaism, and the Sahasrara chakra in Hinduism and other Eastern religions. The Crown chakra is supposedly a white brilliant light like the sun.

One of the clues to this is that in Judaism one of the four Cherubim angels is called Yesod, and if you look at the Jewish angel hierarchy you will see that it's the Tree of Life - which basically is the same as the Hindu chakra system (or the origin seem to be the same).

You can think of the Sahasrara chakra as the four roots of the Tree of Life and the Kether as the sun above the Tree that is feeding it with its nourishing rays. Again, the Tree of Life is also just symbolism for the Chakra system.

-MM

edit on 2-2-2014 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-2-2014 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Wandering Scribe
reply to post by Utnapisjtim

Geb and Nuit are two of the most important deities in the Ennead. If you look at either of them, though, you will find that they are personifications of the literal Earth, and the literal starry sky. Not that they are beings from another planet who came down and shaped us, but our world, and our atmosphere itself.

I am talking about ancient astronauts in the heart of Hebrew religion, and you bring in an Egyptian anthropomorphic love story as well as other stories from Greek and Norse to disprove me? Please.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   

OptimusSubprime
reply to post by Utnapisjtim

In Ezekiel 1 we see a very detailed description of some living creatures in Ezekiel's famous, and often misinterpreted, vision...

1 In my thirtieth year, in the fourth month on the fifth day, while I was among the exiles by the Kebar River, the heavens were opened and I saw visions of God.

2 On the fifth of the month—it was the fifth year of the exile of King Jehoiachin— 3 the word of the Lord came to Ezekiel the priest, the son of Buzi, by the Kebar River in the land of the Babylonians. There the hand of the Lord was on him.

4 I looked, and I saw a windstorm coming out of the north—an immense cloud with flashing lightning and surrounded by brilliant light. The center of the fire looked like glowing metal, 5 and in the fire was what looked like four living creatures. In appearance their form was human, 6 but each of them had four faces and four wings. 7 Their legs were straight; their feet were like those of a calf and gleamed like burnished bronze. 8 Under their wings on their four sides they had human hands. All four of them had faces and wings, 9 and the wings of one touched the wings of another. Each one went straight ahead; they did not turn as they moved.

10 Their faces looked like this: Each of the four had the face of a human being, and on the right side each had the face of a lion, and on the left the face of an ox; each also had the face of an eagle. 11 Such were their faces. They each had two wings spreading out upward, each wing touching that of the creature on either side; and each had two other wings covering its body. 12 Each one went straight ahead. Wherever the spirit would go, they would go, without turning as they went. 13 The appearance of the living creatures was like burning coals of fire or like torches. Fire moved back and forth among the creatures; it was bright, and lightning flashed out of it. 14 The creatures sped back and forth like flashes of lightning.

15 As I looked at the living creatures, I saw a wheel on the ground beside each creature with its four faces. 16 This was the appearance and structure of the wheels: They sparkled like topaz, and all four looked alike. Each appeared to be made like a wheel intersecting a wheel. 17 As they moved, they would go in any one of the four directions the creatures faced; the wheels did not change direction as the creatures went. 18 Their rims were high and awesome, and all four rims were full of eyes all around.

19 When the living creatures moved, the wheels beside them moved; and when the living creatures rose from the ground, the wheels also rose. 20 Wherever the spirit would go, they would go, and the wheels would rise along with them, because the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels. 21 When the creatures moved, they also moved; when the creatures stood still, they also stood still; and when the creatures rose from the ground, the wheels rose along with them, because the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels.

22 Spread out above the heads of the living creatures was what looked something like a vault, sparkling like crystal, and awesome. 23 Under the vault their wings were stretched out one toward the other, and each had two wings covering its body. 24 When the creatures moved, I heard the sound of their wings, like the roar of rushing waters, like the voice of the Almighty, like the tumult of an army. When they stood still, they lowered their wings.

25 Then there came a voice from above the vault over their heads as they stood with lowered wings. 26 Above the vault over their heads was what looked like a throne of lapis lazuli, and high above on the throne was a figure like that of a man. 27 I saw that from what appeared to be his waist up he looked like glowing metal, as if full of fire, and that from there down he looked like fire; and brilliant light surrounded him. 28 Like the appearance of a rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the radiance around him.

This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the Lord. When I saw it, I fell facedown, and I heard the voice of one speaking.

We know that these "living creatures" are the Cherubim because in Ezekiel 10:15 we see...

15 Then the cherubim rose upward. These were the living creatures I had seen by the Kebar River.

Cherubim is plural...Cherub is singular, and they are living creatures, much like the four Seraphim, or "four beasts", seen by John in Revelation 4. The main difference being that Cherubim have four wings and Seraphim have six wings.

6 Also in front of the throne there was what looked like a sea of glass, clear as crystal. In the center, around the throne, were four living creatures, and they were covered with eyes, in front and in back. 7 The first living creature was like a lion, the second was like an ox, the third had a face like a man, the fourth was like a flying eagle. 8 Each of the four living creatures had six wings and was covered with eyes all around, even under its wings.

I always thought that passage described something like a helicopter. The four wings joined together. Also faces could mean sides.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Ezekiel 1 is as picturesque and detailed as possible. While there are endless reports of UFO sightings, the top bosses of the churches should sit down and comb thru the Bible and to say what is obvious in this 21st century. That all those angelic creatures painted with wings, are de facto what we call ET today. That they have devices, i.e. spaceships, as described by Ezekiel and experienced by Elijah's "chariot of fire".

Let me ask rhetorical question:

What will the Vatican and other churches /religions do to help the world in a hypothetical situation that may not be very far off:
A coming certain devastation by either natural calamity outside of human reach (celestial),
and/or man-made nuclear war that will be made clear to happen let say in 2 months.
At the same time, a space race (any race, including the now "demonized" Grey by UFO researchers) offers a plan for a mass exodus from planet Earth, or otherwise to protect earth's citizens from massive die off.

The demonization of particularly the Grey took large spectrum of UFO researchers who seemingly want to find a culprit for all evil doing in the last 60 years and that culprit to be the Grey. Not the Nordic ET who look like human (therefore must be good, as humans are?) Isn't it a new form of a galactic racism? For that ground making discussion I recommend the video of Kerry Cassidy, Bill Ryan and Dr Steven Greer.

edit on 4-2-2014 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-2-2014 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join