It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello, land of ATS!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I've been reading these boards on & off for a couple years now. I signed up to finally share some of my experiances in life, & to partake in others' discussions, rather than be just some wierdo who says nothing!

I live in the middle of England, 28 years of age, and believe our species needs to fix up within the next 10 years, otherwise we'll be stuck in this motion untill we wipe ourselves off this beautifull rock.

I post on my Xbox One, due to not having a PC, or laptop. So please forgive me, if my posts don't look as top notch as this site deserves.

I don't really know what else to say here, so I'll see you all in the wierd & wonderfull world of ATS!

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
A quick question for anyone that reads this, I've had a quick rundown on the site but not entirely sure what this means; What are the flags for above each topic? Are they like ratings, like a Facebook thumbs up? Or are they being 'flagged' for mods to see?

Thanks in advance.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by richisdisturbed

Hi richisdisturbed

Nice to meet you, have fun, maybe see you again!

Welcome!

ETA - They're a thumbs up!
edit on 30-1-2014 by beansidhe because: ETA

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Hello and Welcome!

You'll find around 100 forums here, covering everything from Ancient Civilizations to Breaking News to Political Events and much more. All are welcome and everyone can contribute equally, so please come right in and make yourself at home!

For now, you are only able to post to existing threads or, if you need help, send private messages to Staff as well as the Complaint and Suggestion form. Once you've contributed some posts to threads around the site, you'll be able to make your own threads for others to enjoy.

There are also a few threads you'll want to look over as soon as you get the chance. They are important and helpful too!

Terms and Conditions / Reaffirming ATS Policies

Using the Features of ATS / Avatar Upload Instructions

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First.

Frequently Asked Questions Of All Kinds!

More tips, tricks and help can be found in the Freshmen's Forum or Board Business & Questions forum.

Make Yourself at Home and Enjoy!

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Hello fellow Brit ...Have a bicky

Flags are to show that people appreciate your thread , now you have two

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Hey rich! Also 28 male from the UK, south Essex here. Welcome aboard, respect the rules and the mods won't pester you

As above someone has posted the term and conditions always worth a read especially when making a thread. There are certain websites that arnt allowed to be posted here.

As for the flags I use flags to judge what a thread is like. Users give the creator of a thread flags to alert others to some good information. For example I like UFOs if I saw a UFO thread with 20 flags and only 5 replies I know that the information on that thread is pretty good. If I see a thread with 2 flags and 20 replies then I know that the thread might be a little poo

Stars are given to users who have provided ats with important news or discovery. So again if it's a UFO thread and someone has posted a half decent video then you can give them a flag to allow others it's a good thread and you can give he user a star for their input

Hope that makes sense

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Thanks for the welcomes guys!

Another noob question, how does one give a flag? I've tried clicking the flag but nothing happens! Sorry if this seems a bit obvious!

@ThePeaceMaker, you'll see me mostly floating about the UFO section, too! Keep an eye out for my topic about my life long experiances, when I can finally make a topic - Only 10 or so posts to go untilw that grand moment!

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Hi Richi

Welcome to ATS, fellow Brit here from just north of London, I've been on ATS for 9 years now and trust me when I say it is the best community on the internet, once you get to know the members personalities.

If you'd like an avatar click my signature strip and it will take you to the relevant thread.

Enjoy your time with us

Oh a word of warning you're going to need lot's of bacon, this is you're average ATS breakfast

Cody

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

You just hover over the flag and click it richi
Same with the stars, but you can only give one star and one flag, it looks like you can give more stars if you return to a thread but it's just a ghost star.

When you give a flag it ceases to be an outline becomes all white

Cody

edit on 30/1/14 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Thanks, Cody. I don't think I'll be able to use an avatar, due to me not being on a PC/ laptop, but I'll give it a try!

I've tried clicking the flag but nothing happens for me... Maybe it's 'cause I'm posting on an Xbox or something, I don't know.

Kinda wierd you posted that bacon picture, I just finished eating a bacon sandwich as I clicked back onto this! The conspiricies are starting already!

Thanks for your help!

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Hi there and Welcome to ATS !!

Tons of topics on here to keep you busy for a while

Have fun & enjoy !!

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

No problems richie
I'm a lover, not a techy,

Your best bet is to go to the computer help forum an ask the guys there, Ats is full of free resources that members provide to help others.

I made you make that bacon sandwich
ATS is a strange power

Cody

edit on 30/1/14 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Hello and welcome.

Glad to hear you decided to join in. Looking forward to hearing some of your stories especially if they're about ufos.

Have a wonderful day!

edit on 30-1-2014 by SleepyOwl because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-1-2014 by SleepyOwl because: typo

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Welcome.

May your stay be long and filled with much adventure and learning.

Peace.

CdT

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SleepyOwl

My first topic is up, for all to read. Please be ready for a lenghty read, though.

top topics

join