It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists say they have located the 'conscience'...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Stormdancer777
It makes me wonder what is missing in people that seem to have no conscience.
edit on 083131p://bThursday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

They lack empathy - they can't see the world from the viewpoint of others or even care what others think. Those are invisible to them.

If there was a narrow mountain path between them and a chest of gold, they would think nothing of pushing those people out of the way and down the mountain just to get that gold.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Isn't that the frontal lobe area from the sick Hannibal Lecter brain scene? He cooked the man this part of his own brain because he didn't use it anyway.

I think it can be trained by brainwave entrainment. 6,5 Hz does some trick there and connects both hemispheres. 6,5 Hz is said to be the center of subconsciousness while a double - 13 Hz is asociated with "third eye chakra" also known as "brow chakra".
You may say it's not scientific but be sure these alchemists know and they are able to use that kind of stuff against us everyday for sure.
One just doesn't hear a good "Muzak"
edit on 31/1/2014 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
They will finally find a literal way to really play with peoples consciousness. I don't like that they have found this. More scientific breakthroughs where people will only consider the good and oversee the bad. Consider what we are already doing with what we know and how many problems we like to say we solved.

Call me a fear mongered human if it makes you feel better.

I will continue to listen to my conscious.

This discovery is not good news and is dangerous.

Eliminate that part of the brain in soldiers, officers, workers, bounty hunters, mercenaries. Block it if removing is impossible. If I was wanting to control the world or and evil entity I would definitely use this. This will never happen. It is......Unethical and just preposterous. Right?

Who needs a conscious in a world of science and advancements?

I know I am a party pooper, that is how you weigh facts son.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by fenceSitter

I think some combination of science and spirituality (for lack of a better word) is required.

OK..Spirence or Scituality.

There's two for ya!

Wonder what this discovery will mean in terms of the people who were forced to undergo frontal lobotomies?

Perhaps surgically ripping apart that section of the brain destroyed or damaged the conscience.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

theabsolutetruth
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Good that it's been found, now perhaps science can find a way of making the unethical and unscrupulous find theirs and use it.

That'll be the day. They'll likely find a way to extort the unethical and unscrupulous in government first

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by bitsforbytes

Yes, but you can look at it from the other side. Like it could be abused for decades before becoming public by the/for the non-evil sort of scientists. Now it can be officially used to diagnose and maybe cure psychopaths etc.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

MysterX
reply to post by fenceSitter

Wonder what this discovery will mean in terms of the people who were forced to undergo frontal lobotomies?
Perhaps surgically ripping apart that section of the brain destroyed or damaged the conscience.

Rude language is quite common in people with head/forhead injury. There are also centers of higher ethics and religiosity in that area. It's known for a long time. I'm not sure how is this discovery special.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

burntheships

Monkeys were found to have one unique network active during movie watching,
while humans had two other unique networks.

Fits nicely with the newer study you have posted.

edit on 31-1-2014 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

Proves nothing actually.

The "scientists" will keep coming with something as they have a job to do.

Does it help anybody in any way? The scientists have no time to answer this question.

What is the benefit of knowing what part of brain is responsible for "conscience". Does it make a difference?

Recently my brother in law died of cancer just six months after discovery. The best treatment in best hospital of the country could not save him.

Right now my mother-in-law is suffering from lung cancer and doctors have given up hope.

What is more important? Finding "conscience" in brain or finding treatment for diseases?

Science should not become a circus it has become.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   

MysterX

For your amusement, edification and education, I present you the curious case of Phineas Gage. If you've never heard of him, you should do a bit of light reading. He was one of those landmark cases in neuromedicine. Sort of like James Tilly Mathews in psychiatry.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Thanks for that Bedlam, i've read about this interesting chap a few years ago after seeing his story in a 'top 20 bizzare accidents' (or something like that) online somewhere.

I wonder if Gages' stark behavioural changes after his accident were a result of the actual trauma and damage to his brain (likely) or whether he became philisophical about life having came so close to death and just more or less thought 'screw them' (society, ambition, money, etc), preferring to be with horses instead of Humans.

It's an interesting tale isn't it...lucky bloke. A similar thing happened to a British Army lieutenant, Robert Lawrence, who was shot through the head and lost almost half of his brain but is still alive today.

Reminded me of the British Woman, Sharon Parker who was born with almost no brain, but went on to live a full, normal and healthy life.

Sharon Parker was born and bred in Barnsley, Yorkshire. She's married with three children and is a qualified staff nurse. But, Sharon has almost no observable brain. Since she was a child, doctors have told her that she has no more than 10-15% of a normal brain.

Extraordinary people.

It's a weird old world.

edit on 1-2-2014 by MysterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

vital for pondering the ‘what ifs’ of life, researchers said.

Mine must be working overtime!!! Nice post to read, thanks!
S & F

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Very insightful and thought provoking comments and info folks, thanks.

I do have a son who had sever brain trauma and it did change his personality.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Gyah! I read "consciousness" at first and was really excited..

Conscience.. well, mine's a bit off anyways.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by GargIndia

Ah, well I am sorry to hear of your families situations there, and I would
certainly agree that with all of the advance in science, cancer treatment is
still in a very sad state. I dont blame this on scientists though, I would
actually say this is the result of the seared consciences of many in the
USDA, and Big Pharma. Those who stand to benefit from a no cancer cure situation.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

SovereignEve
I enjoyed reading that article and it definitely got me thinking!
There is two behind the eye brow? Also intriguing how our Pineal gland is in the center in between our eyebrows.
+1 and Flag

~Sovereign

It's not between our eyebrows, it's in the center of our brain behind the hypothalamus. What they are talking about is literally behind the eyebrows.
edit on 2-1-14 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Now let them find the location of 'soul' in the human brain.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

When I first read this, I thought you were talking about "consciousness". The article is talking about "conscience" those evil and good thoughts you argue with in your mind.

Isn't it interesting that this part of the brain is unique to humans and it sort of looks like a tree?

The Bible says that Satan tricked humans into taking the fruit of Knowledge of Good and Evil, since then, many religions were formed and people became judgmental.

Know that God is Acceptance (Perfect Love and Forgiveness), and treat yourself and others that way.

If everyone were accepting full of Love and Mercy instead of Judgmental, the world would be peaceful and everyone would feel happy , loved, and free.

The New Jerusalem. The Spirit returns.

(If you don't believe in God, just see everything I just said as a metaphor, it still works)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
There is something on it. Each of these two centers probably process another kind of data depending on the hemisphere - maybe the left one is rather masculine addressing past and the right one is producing ideas for the future.
I also wonder how is it related to the eye movement during lying and what could one acomplish meditating on these. We may need to spend more time there rather than be one-eyed most time.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

"Sharon Parker was born and bred in Barnsley, Yorkshire. She's married with three children and is a qualified staff nurse. But, Sharon has almost no observable brain. Since she was a child, doctors have told her that she has no more than 10-15% of a normal brain."

Actually it proves that the soul is responsible for conscience, thinking etc., not brain.

Brain is a collector and processor of information. A similarity is CPU in computer which collects and processes information.

A human body is a very complex bio-computer with millions of sensors feeding electric signals to the brain constantly.

Animals do have brain, yet behave quite differently from humans in several respects.

The answer lies in accepting the existence of soul and believing in the functions that a soul performs in the human body.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join