It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Son of Israeli Prime Minister slammed for dating non-Jew.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
MKs slam Netanyahu over his son dating a non-Jewish Norwegian woman.

Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu failed to set an example for the Jewish people by not preventing his son from dating a non-Jewish Norwegian woman, Shas MK Nissim Ze’ev told The Jerusalem Post Sunday.

“It’s a big problem,” Ze’ev said. “As the prime minister of Israel and the Jewish people, he must display national responsibility via the values he presents inside his own household. I bet it pains him. Any Jew who wants to maintain his roots wants to see his son marry a Jewish girl. There is no shortage of beautiful, successful girls without sowing in the fields of others.”

There was also criticism for Netanyahu from within his own party. “All I can say is that it is very unfortunate,” MK Moshe Feiglin said.

World Zionist Organization vice chairman David Breakstone, who represents the worldwide Conservative movement, said he hopes that if the relationship becomes serious she would want to convert to Judaism.

The anti-assimilation group Lehava wrote on Monday, following the media reports: “Bibi’s son has found a gentile! His father is proud of him and gives legitimacy to the assimilation and destruction of the Jewish people.”
World Zionist Organization? Anti-assimilation group? What the...

Imagine the uproar if she was a Palestinian (which was my initial thought)...

Lets hope theyre not having premarital sex as I believe thats punishable by death.

But if this charge is true (that she wasn't a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father's house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst. (Deuteronomy 22:20-21 NAB)

edit on 29-1-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

That whole region is stuck in the stone age, and they won't ever change.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Freaking bunch of racists...................................

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
And they say that people who don't approve of them are anti-semitic? Pot meet kettle.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The pot and kettle are far from meeting at this point.

They are happily married with two little jugs in their white picket fence ranch house in the suburbs. Pot works as an insurance salesman and Kettle is a stay at home soccer mom.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

A story like this is dangerous because most people who have their nasty views of Jews will feel that the blow back on Netanyahu legitimizes their misguided beliefs.

PLEASE DO NOT READ INTO WHAT THESE RIDICULOUS GROUPS ARE SAYING... they don't represent the majority and just make us look stupid!

Allow me to explain what's really going on here.

The older generation of Jews, particularly Israeli's have a very hawkish and conservative view because either they were kids during the holocaust, or are the direct children of holocaust survivors. The sentiment of "Never Again" sometimes pushes their opinions/beliefs a little too far.

The younger generation (I'd like to say most under 40, but definitely under 30) has a different view. We don't want conflict or fighting. In fact, most Jews my age think the Palestinians should have their own state. The right way to achieve this is of course a very complicated discussion best left for another time.

While I was in Israel visiting family (I was in my early 20s at the time) I got to meet Palestinians around my age and asked them how they truly felt about the conflict. They think its stupid too, and also most of them realize that its the older generation making problems for us all.

Bottom line is, since we can't round them all up and send them to Boca Raton to retire in 55+ gated condo communities (I just realized how Ironic something like that would be as I typed it) we just have to wait it out a little longer for people of the younger generation to take charge.

PS As a side note, most younger Jews and Palestinians don't dislike each other... we all agree we don't like terrorists because a bus full of people will have both Palestinians and Jews on it AND there are terrorists on both sides... so those who use terror and/or hyperbole to gain attention are the problem, not any entire group of people.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Whatsreal

Wow... your post above gives me a whole new perspective. I have hope for the future relationship of Jews and Palestinians if enough of them your age, think like you! I'd give you a thousand stars, if I could...

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   

stirling
Freaking bunch of racists...................................

Couldn't agree more m8. I can only imagine the uproar if I was to tell my daughter to get rid of that lesser jewish man she's with and find a nice, white boy to marry! (hypothetically, she's 9 lol)

But if you criticise, you'll be the one branded a Nazi........

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   

When the state of Israel loses the mentality of old world Europe (which is where this all comes from) they will start to prosper without US dollars to subsidize their over extended state.

What this shows is that Modern Jews and the state of Israel arent compatible. What a shame that such a culturally rich people are so narrow about tolerance towards other members of their own species.

Racist against a Norwegian....lol....
edit on 1 30 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ItCameFromOuterSpace

ItCameFromOuterSpace

That whole region is stuck in the stone age, and they won't ever change.

Agreed, its all 3 of the monotheistic religions.

edit on 30-1-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
If I forbid my sons and daughters to date outside our race, then I'm a "backwoods ignorant racist".

If jewish people forbid their kids from dating outside their race/religion, then they are "preserving their culture blah blah blah".

I was friends with a lot of jewish people when I lived in the city and they were exactly the same way. They would not accept their kids marrying a non-jew. I heard many of them say it. I'm not saying that all jewish people share that sentiment, but the ones I knew did and they would say it openly with no problem.

I do agree that the jewish youth is a lot more liberal about it now, and I know quite a few who date outside their religion/race.

Some in my family are still like this; They would be distressed if anyone in the family dated or married outside of our race, and in some cases, our religion---well, I shouldn't say "our religion" because I'm not religious, but you understand what I'm saying. I think it's something that's ingrained in all races and all religions.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

bunch of racist Warlocks and Witches, the whole lot off them.

Bet someone says this comment is anti semetic...

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

First of all, in a Sharia country- it's quite likely that both of them would have been stoned to death. Primitive stuff, nonetheless...

BTW: go ahead and SLAM me, but - what a babe ! I shall now consider the unthinkable... dating a non-atheist. Slam on !

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

*Slow clap*

Well done Israeli propegandists! Overt racism makes a nice change from the veiled kind. Very refreshing. Who the young fellow dates is his business, and hers, and no one elses. My advice to anyone who thinks different, is to jump off of something very tall, and aim for something very solid on the way down.

Disgusting behavior.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

When the state of Israel loses the mentality of old world Europe (which is where this all comes from)....

?
With all due respect, how do you work that out?

The Ancient Egyptians were pretty keen to subjugate and oppress the Jewish people well before any Jewish Diaspora in to Europe.
So were The Persians and The Babylonians who exiled the Jews to Babylon.

But sure, blame it all on those dastardly Europeans.

And there's been enmity between Jewish Israeli's and their Muslim neighbour's almost from the moment of Mohammad's first 'revelation'.

All of these, along with the uncompromising nature of many Jewish denominations, are contributory factors to the intolerant attitude displayed by some Jews.

.....they will start to prosper without US dollars to subsidize their over extended state.

Jews are notorious for their ability to adapt and survive......but I agree, Israel relies heavily on US patronage and that of those who have influence on the world's banking system.

What this shows is that Modern Jews and the state of Israel arent compatible. What a shame that such a culturally rich people are so narrow about tolerance towards other members of their own species.

Quite by chance I'm currently watching a programme called Strictly Kosher which is about a group of Jews in Manchester, UK.
This group seem be prospering quite nicely and seem to be reasonable, well balanced individuals who by and large interact with the community around them whilst maintaining their own cultural identity.

Its true that Jews have a rich and varied culture and its also true that many Israeli Jews seem to be particularly intolerant and bigoted. They could learn a lot from those who live peacefully in other country's whilst maintaining Jewish traditions and values.

Its such a shame that a 'people' who have suffered so much intolerance seem as equally disposed to such failings as the rest of us.

new topics

top topics

join