It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada's ufo studies-includes comments on Shag Harbor incident

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Interesting stuff here:
open minds
edit on 29pm31pm5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by data5091

Interesting stuff here

Perhaps you could tell us about the interesting stuff because openminds don't allow links to their site.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

is this new? They used to.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

A rare case where a government agency acknowledged they were dealing with an unidentified object is basically what came out.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Did you forget the testimony of Can Navy divers who were down there watching the aliens repair their ship with the help of a SECOND UFO which joined them?
The navy ships clustered above the UFOs were called to chase a Russian sub and the UFOs took the opportunity to slip into our atmosphere and leave the area ................
Little info has been let out officially and the cover up remains tight.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Your link doesn't work, It just brought me to a google search. Are you able to tell us what this artical is about with more then one sentence please?

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
This looks like its the 8 minute story

The next episode in our series is titled Canada's Official UFO Studies. We will explore two of Canada's UFO reporting agencies: Project Magnet and Second Story, both established in the early 1950's. Also we will examine some details of the infamous Shag Harbor UFO incident. This case is one of the very few where a government agency formally acknowledges an unidentified flying object. It was determined that no known aircraft was involved in the incident, so the source remains unknown to this day.

edit on 26131America/ChicagoWed, 29 Jan 2014 15:26:31 -0600up3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
More interestingly is how in the 50's and 60's the Canadian gov. under the name Project Magnet, studied flying saucers, trying to figure out how they work. Interacted with the Americans and had acknowledgement of their existence and a number of phenomena that were associated with them including psychic anomalies. Grant Cameron has researched much of this and more.

I remember reading about the shag harbor incident. What I found interesting was how the story broke and the Chronicle Herald newspaper ran a headline and sent a journalist. There main day shift reporter was given the story and reported back that something strange has taken place. And then mysteriously is pulled off the case and a special reporter guy from Toronto is brought in. The story continued and fizzled out through the night shift. If memory serves this guy was an astronomer who wrote about debunking ufo stories and explaining them away. This was a fabulous case with lots or really good angles, from eye witnesses in cars driving around that night, to law enforcement officers, to residents who lived in the harbor, to fishermen who went to try to salvage what ever went down glowing orange foam and all. One 12 or 13 year old kid who saw the craft come down ended up spending his life dedicated to finding what went on.
edit on 29-1-2014 by sparrowstail because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-1-2014 by sparrowstail because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

that the one thank you!

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

sparrowstail

More interestingly is how in the 50's and 60's the Canadian gov. under the name Project Magnet, studied flying saucers, trying to figure out how they work. Interacted with the Americans and had acknowledgement of their existence and a number of phenomena that were associated with them including psychic anomalies. Grant Cameron has researched much of this and more.

Sparrowstail, good call mate -don't know if you've seen it but Grant Cameron goes into more detail below about the specific heritage of those documents - see 0:12:06

sparrowstail

I remember reading about the shag harbor incident. What I found interesting was how the story broke and the Chronicle Herald. There main day shift reporter was given the story and reported back that something strange has taken place. And then mysteriously is pulled off the case and a special reporter guy from Toronto is brought in. The story continued and fizzled out through the night shift. If memory serves this guy was an astronomer who wrote about debunking ufo stories and explaining them away. This was a fabulous case with lots or really good angles, from eye witnesses in cars driving around that night, to law enforcement officers, to residents who lived in the harbor, to fishermen who went to try to salvage what ever went down glowing orange foam and all. One 12 or 13 year old kid who saw the craft come down ended up spending his life dedicated to finding what went on.

Had never heard about the Chronicle Herald reporter being taken off the case before and I suppose it's relevant that the replacement astronomer couldn't shoehorn in a debunk as the case still remains officially unexplained.

Jkrog made a great thread on the incident containing witness reports and official documents which also mentions the 'glowing orange foam' and it really is an interesting physical trace aspect - in the vid below the fishermen also state that it smelled of sulphur.

After about five minutes, the object started to sink beneath the icy North Atlantic waves. A few of the eyewitnesses reported hearing a "whooshing" noise. While the RCMP had already been in communication with the Canadian Cost Guard and Cutter 101 was on the way, two of the RCMP officers and a few local fisherman hurriedly launched their boats to speed to the rescue of any survivors.As the small boats, and Cutter 101 reached the location, the lights were no longer visible but they found themselves sailing through a thick yellow foam, that indicated that something had submerged. The fisherman report that the foam was not sea foam, and looked like nothing they had ever seen. In fact most were unnerved by the fact that they had to sail through it to look for survivors.

UFO Crash Event: Shag Harbor, 1967

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I've always loved the Shag Harbor case,in my opinion it's one of the very best UFO cases ever.It is detailed,has many witnesses and so many twists and turns,that a lot of UFO cases do not.I for one have always wondered why Shag Harbor does not seem to get as much attention from the ufology community as many other cases.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

karl 12

sparrowstail

Sparrowstail, good call mate -don't know if you've seen it but Grant Cameron goes into more detail below about the specific heritage of those documents - see 0:12:06

sparrowstail

I remember reading about the shag harbor incident. What I found interesting was how the story broke and the Chronicle Herald. There main day shift reporter was given the story and reported back that something strange has taken place. And then mysteriously is pulled off the case and a special reporter guy from Toronto is brought in. The story continued and fizzled out through the night shift. If memory serves this guy was an astronomer who wrote about debunking ufo stories and explaining them away. This was a fabulous case with lots or really good angles, from eye witnesses in cars driving around that night, to law enforcement officers, to residents who lived in the harbor, to fishermen who went to try to salvage what ever went down glowing orange foam and all. One 12 or 13 year old kid who saw the craft come down ended up spending his life dedicated to finding what went on.

Had never heard about the Chronicle Herald reporter being taken off the case before and I suppose it's relevant that the replacement astronomer couldn't shoehorn in a debunk as the case still remains officially unexplained.

Jkrog made a great thread on the incident containing witness reports and official documents which also mentions the 'glowing orange foam' and it really is an interesting physical trace aspect - in the vid below the fishermen also state that it smelled of sulphur.

After about five minutes, the object started to sink beneath the icy North Atlantic waves. A few of the eyewitnesses reported hearing a "whooshing" noise. While the RCMP had already been in communication with the Canadian Cost Guard and Cutter 101 was on the way, two of the RCMP officers and a few local fisherman hurriedly launched their boats to speed to the rescue of any survivors.As the small boats, and Cutter 101 reached the location, the lights were no longer visible but they found themselves sailing through a thick yellow foam, that indicated that something had submerged. The fisherman report that the foam was not sea foam, and looked like nothing they had ever seen. In fact most were unnerved by the fact that they had to sail through it to look for survivors.

UFO Crash Event: Shag Harbor, 1967

Cheers.

Cool,
thanks. I'm actually reading his book now. UFO's Area 51 and gorvernment informants. It goes into some detail about his early years seeing ufo's and hearing about the Project. Very interesting stuff.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Just found an interesting FB page on the incident www.facebook.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">www.facebook.com...
Lots of good stuff,

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Time for me to look at Shag Harbor again. Any recommendation on best thread here or other links that really do it justice? Bumpity S&F.

EDIT: Oops, never mind, just read karl's post. Still open to any other suggestions.
edit on 29-1-2014 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

stirling
Did you forget the testimony of Can Navy divers who were down there watching the aliens repair their ship with the help of a SECOND UFO which joined them?
The navy ships clustered above the UFOs were called to chase a Russian sub and the UFOs took the opportunity to slip into our atmosphere and leave the area ................
Little info has been let out officially and the cover up remains tight.

Yes and I have a big red bridge for sale in San Francisco

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

This looks like its the 8 minute story

This looks like it should have been your post! Nice work backing it up!

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
What exactly did they see underwater? I haven't encountered any details about this part in my reading on the case. :s

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Sorry. But I see nothing other than a bunch of 'old timers' reminiscing on things they didn't understand.

The guy responsible for nuclear launches was intimate with the software? I seriously doubt it! Not back than. I see a lot of forgotten memories shored up by suggestion, nothing more.

Don't get me wrong, Shag harbour is a genuine mystery (which is most likely due to a potential [soviet] submarine disaster, but maybe not). But aliens? Don't think so, at least not based on this so called 'evidence'. Let us not abandon common sense here - Some mysteries are not necessarily aliens!!!

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Sorry. But I see nothing other than a bunch of 'old timers' reminiscing on things they didn't understand.
reply to post by MarsIsRed

If you look into the incident you will find that there were a great many witnesses to the event. The divers that went down to the craft presumably got a good look at it and it was not identifiable.

I want to also say that there are a great many things that can be learned from so called "old timers". Just because they are old does not invalidate the story they had to tell.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Yes and I have a big red bridge for sale in San Francisco
reply to post by wmd_2008

Canadian Navy divers are among some of the best trained in the world. I'm going to at the least give them the benefit of doubt....but truthfully, why even bother commenting if you have nothing to add but sarcasm?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join