It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaked! food lobby threatens to sue any state that tries how to label [gmo]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Leaked! food lobby threatens to sue any state that tries how to label

At the Grocery Manufacturers Association (GMO) web site, talking points for lobbying are discussed on their Talking Points page.
On this page, at the top, is an Editor's Note:

This Document was prepared by Grocery Manufacturers Association for use by industry lobbyists. It contains factually incorrect and misleading information, intended to persuede state lawmakers to reject GMO labeling...

Lying to Congress in a lobbying effort to pursued, is a crime isn't it?
If not, where is this heading?
Control by any means necessary, including lying to Congress. (or a Congressman) w/e.

edit on 29-1-2014 by imd12c4funn because: typo

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

My apologies, I typed faster than i could think.....

I even added the video to make things easier for you and others :

Kindest respects

Rodinus

edit on 29-1-2014 by Rodinus because: Vid added

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Well... They would, of course. It threatens their moneyz.

BTW: Mixing of GMA and GMO error.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   

They should just pay people to take a magic marker and write on every GMO product and the state can claim denial!

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Well what do you expect!

Considering FDA & USDA seem fully staffed by ex-Monsanto marketing & attorney?!

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I'm just waiting for the activists that go to re-label supermarket packages with GMO labelling guns.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
well they better get to steppin up on their plan.
it was not to long ago that i read that 25 states have bills in the works. i can't find that article.but here is a
here is a interactive map, that shows what states are doing or have done.

Right To Know GMO
edit on 29-1-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
How is this surprising?

Major players in the genetically modified organism (food) chain of products are scared that people may actually CHOOSE not to eat their manufactured products? How shocking. Sounds like these idiots are scared their profits wi decrease from multi-billions to a couple hundred million. We can't have that.

Besides, people will still flock to the stores to buy the same sugar-laden, colorfully marketed, cartoon character mascot pictured cereals for their kids, the same wildly colorful gmo vegetables and fruit and the same bleached, but ENRICHED!, white breads and flours. You know why? Because it's cheaper and easier to consume when it can be eaten right out of the package. God forbid we actually have to take time out of our days to prepare and cook something from scratch.

I have no sympathy for these companies nor the people who support them. As a consumer, you have every right to know what is in the package or food being purchased. If you can't find out, or it isn't clearly labeled, then it is a risk you take. A choice. Consumers don't HAVE to buy that type of food and no one is forcing them to. But as a company, you shouldn't lie to your customers or mislead them into their purchase.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I think this day and age of processed food and the heavily industrial market we can assume all food at the grocery store contains something that is GMO.

However, for those who do not like GMO's, and the companies that produce non-GMO food can label their food non-GMO. Just like labeling food organic, labeling food non-GMO will likely be a major selling point.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jrod

why should the people that grow any produce or animals with no additive used have to label their product. they sell it as it is found in it's natural state.
nothing done to it, no genes added no coating of the seeds, no nothing.

the ones who tamper with the genes, ie growth hormones , coat the seeds or any other thing that modifies the seed or produce should have to label exactly what they did to the product.

take this as a example,

Japan scientist synthesizes meat from human feces

now wouldn't you want to know if your eating a turd burger.

i know that this is a little different than grown food, but if your in a store and buy a package of hamburger patties, wouldn't you want to know.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

hounddoghowlie
reply to post by jrod

why should the people that grow any produce or animals with no additive used have to label their product. they sell it as it is found in it's natural state.

the ones who tamper with the genes, ie growth hormones , coat the seeds or any other thing that modifies the seed or produce should have to label exactly what they did to the product.

Do you think the market is fair? Those who push GMOs won a quite sometime ago in the US. This is really the only viable strategy to counter all the GMO food products that are out there.

Why do you think so many items are labeled organic today? Should the have to label their products organic, should it not be the other way around?

Look at Monsanto and the food industry giants and how their top executives and lawyers get appointed to powerful positions within the US government. They are winning and one is foolish to think that they will ever be required to label their products as GMOs or more fittingly pesticides.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

jrod
I think this day and age of processed food and the heavily industrial market we can assume all food at the grocery store contains something that is GMO.

With your argument, same thing could be said about food coloring.

Point being....the U.S.D.A requires the ingredient to be listed as such.

"artificial coloring".

This is a very easy solution, manufacturers simple would be required to
list "Genetically Modified" soy, corn, etc.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I agree with what you say 100%.

The problem with the simple solution is there is fierce opposition by lobbying groups who represent the food industry giants.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

And to finish your statement, funded by Monsanto, Bayer and Syngenta.
And the reason they spend billions fighting labels?

iIf they put a GMO label on it, they might as well put a Skull and Crossbones
on it, that is what it is.
edit on 30-1-2014 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Like aspartame 3-2 against add a 6th panel member votes for: 3-3
and guess who decides they are entitled to vote the tie breaker (which was yes btw)
So approved.
edit on 30-1-2014 by imd12c4funn because: typo

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

burntheships
reply to post by jrod

And the reason they spend billions fighting labels?

iIf they put a GMO label on it, they might as well put a Skull and Crossbones

Perhaps if those skull and crossbones labels looked like a pirate it will help them sell more product.

The bottom line is they are scared that GMO labeling will hurt sales. High-fructose corn syrup had had some negative PR, somewhat recently FDA approved calling HFCS corn sugar.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Clearly what's going on - in my mind - is some stuffed lab coats think they got it all figured out and the rest of us are dimwits, so their reasoning is by withholding the GMO label you can't reject their product. These people view most of us as dullards or mentally disordered and therefore unable to comprehend the GMO issue. They know if GMO labels were put on products more people would choose not to buy them and this might threaten the objectives of the business. They probably have this illusion of grandeur where they see themselves as fighters trying to bring into place a better world where more people are fed and less people have to go without a good meal. They expect us to admire their maturity and knowledge. When we come around and disrespect them or decline their "help" they feel the need to force it because in their mind we can't make rationale decisions.
edit on 31-1-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

jrod

The bottom line is they are scared that GMO labeling will hurt sales. High-fructose corn syrup had had some negative PR, somewhat recently FDA approved calling HFCS corn sugar.

Yes, and GMO labels would hurt sales, indeed.

Heh, they really try and hide the worst of it, HFCS -
Peeps I know wont touch that stuff, those who dont care
are the major consumer there, and children with out a choice.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   

hounddoghowlie
reply to post by jrod

take this as a example,

Japan scientist synthesizes meat from human feces

now wouldn't you want to know if your eating a turd burger.

i know that this is a little different than grown food, but if your in a store and buy a package of hamburger patties, wouldn't you want to know.

um...the "meat-from-feces" story is a hoax..

www.forbes.com...

but i agree, i kinda wanna know wtf is in my food...i already hafta read the ingredients on everything i buy, just to make sure it doesn't have nasty s**t like aspartame, sucralose, MSG, etc in it, because they put that crap in EVERYTHING....i'd be very interested in GMO labeling...people deserve to know what's in the foods, so they can make an informed decision..

if companies are afraid they'll lose market share, or profits as a result of people not wanting their product because they use crap in it...well, maybe they'd wanna consider just NOT putting the crap in their product, and that would eliminate the problem..

it's like complaining that people won't hang out with you, because you punch everyone in the face for no reason....stop punching people, and the problem is solved...

new topics

top topics

join