It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jerusalem as the Harlot of Revelation

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
This thread is all about how Jerusalem is the Harlot of Revelation. Hopefully more experienced members will add their input.
I admit i used to think the vatican was the great harlot until an ATS member showed me that it was jerusalem.

Jesus said " "Today and tomorrow, and on the following [day], I must travel on, because it is not possible [for] a prophet to perish outside Jerusalem. Jerusalem! Jerusalem! The [one] killing the prophets, and stoning those having been sent to her." Then, in Matthew 23:29-37, Jesus blasted the Jews of His day for killing the prophets and the apostles. He declared that they are the children of their fathers who also killed the prophets. Then in verse 32, Jesus said that they would complete the sin that their fathers started. But the most crucial evidence is found in verse 35, where Jesus said, "upon you (i.e., the Jews of His day) may fall the guilt of all the righteous blood shed on the earth." Then He said, "I tell you the truth, all of these things will happen to you people who are living now. Jerusalem, Jerusalem! You kill the prophets and stone to death those who are sent to you" (verse's 36-37). In both passages, Jesus told the Jews of His day that they were guilty of "all the righteous blood shed upon the earth" (see also Acts 7:51-52). " (Luke 13:33)

" Their bodies will lie in the public square of the great city—which is figuratively called Sodom and Egypt—where also their Lord was crucified." (revelation 11:8) Some might ask, "If the 'whore' is Jerusalem, how could the 'beast' be Nero Caesar, from Rome? Would not the "beast" be someone who rules over Jerusalem? The answer is that Caesar DID rule over Jerusalem. The highest religious authorities in Jerusalem, and all the Jews living in Jerusalem, even admitted that Caesar is their king (John 19:15).

Revelation 21:2, "And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband." Why else would there be a need for a new Jerusalem?

The 7 Mountains (Revelation 17:9) refer to Jerusalem, not Rome. The seven mountains upon which Jerusalem was built are Mount Zion, Mount Ophel, Mount Moriah, Mount Bezetha, Mount Acra, Mount Gareb, and Mount Goath.

Several Old Testament prophets referred to Jerusalem as being a spiritual harlot and a mother of such harlotry (Isaiah 1:21; Jeremiah 2:20; Jeremiah 3:1–11; Ezekiel 16:1–43; Ezekiel 23, Galatians 4:25). Some of the these Old Testament prophecies as well as the warnings in the New Testament concerning Jerusalem are in fact very close to the text concerning Babylon in Revelation, suggesting that John may well have actually been citing those prophecies in his description of Babylon.

Many Biblical scholars and theologians point out that although Rome was the prevailing pagan power in the 1st century when the Book of Revelation was written, the symbolism of the whore of Babylon refers not to an invading infidel of foreign power, but to an apostate false queen, a former "bride" who has been unfaithful and who, even though she has been divorced and cast out because of unfaithfulness, continues to falsely claim to be the "queen" of the spiritual realm.[23][24][25] This symbolism did not fit the case of Rome at the time. Proponents of this view suggest that the "seven mountains" in Rev 17:9 are the seven hills on which Jerusalem stands and the "fall of Babylon" in Rev 18 is the fall and destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD[26] The dress of the whore of Babylon is similar to the Jerusalem High Priest (Exodus 28:6).

The Kingdom of Judah (Hebrew: יהודה Yehuda "praise God") was a kingdom of divided Israel. It is often referred to as the "Southern Kingdom" to distinguish it from the "Northern Kingdom" of Israel. This kingdom, like its Northern counterpart, began with the Revolt of the Ten Tribes in either 975 BC (per James Ussher[1]) or 930 BC (per Edwin R. Thiele[2]). It ended with the Fall of Jerusalem in either 588 BC (Ussher) or 586 BC (Thiele). The Kingdom of Judah was a monarchy, inclusive only of the tribes of Judah and Benjamin, over which the House of David enjoyed an unbroken primacy before the Fall of Jerusalem.

Modern Day Israel was founded by Bankers, The Rothschilds. They are the bankers for the Vatican and most of the world.
With politicians in positions of power with dual citizenship across the world, Israel very well may be fornicating with the kings of the earth.

The United States constantly sends aid to Israel, Because of the dual citizenship holders in politics today.
Anyone who speaks out against Israel is considered an "Anti-Semite" and is hushed or silenced in some way.
Today Israel mocks Jesus in their media, and oppresses the Palestinians.

Modern Day Israel is not founded on the Kingdom of Judah, In fact the opposite.
Jesus is called the lion of the tribe of Judah, And the son of David.

www.ecclesia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
politicalvelcraft.org...
www.conservapedia.com...
www.biblegateway.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Belcastro

S&F for you my friend. Once your eyes are open....and you see the train wreck that is Israel....you can't close them again.

"Assuredly I say to you, that some of you standing right here before me will not taste death before I come into my kingdom."

Revelations is all about the Jews of that time and the horrors that would happen to them at the hands of the Romans. But Jesus said he would avenge the Jews and destroy "whoever" put them through tribulation. Where is Rome again? Oh....right....destroyed just like he said.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   

The Harlot is a very complex figure.
When I was doing my series on Revelation, I needed four or five threads to deal with her.

There is certainly an "unfaithful portion of God's people" element about her.
She is modelled partly on Jeremiah ch4 v30 (with the Woman of Revelation ch12 inspired partly by the next verse).

Personally I think it is a mistake to look to any one organised body, existing now.
I think she repressnts all individuals among God's people who will be unfaithful when the time comes.

edit on 29-1-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   

DISRAELI

The Harlot is a very complex figure.
When I was doing my series on Revelation, I needed four or five threads to deal with her.

There is certainly an "unfaithful portion of God's people" element about her.
She is modelled partly on Jeremiah ch4 v30 (with the Woman of Revelation ch12 inspired partly by the next verse).

Personally I think it is a mistake to look to any one organised body, existing now.
I think she repressnts all individuals among God's people who will be unfaithful when the time comes.

time already came....be thankful we don't have to live through it.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   

UxoriousMagnus

That assumption could be dangerous- it might mean that the time finds you unprepared.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   

DISRAELI

UxoriousMagnus

That assumption could be dangerous- it might mean that the time finds you unprepared.

I think the opposite, that the churchians of the western world are in danger because they think He is going to come and save them from what they perceive to be the final days. When in fact it is just normal days on earth where we need to stand up and fight evil men not lay down and think "take me now Lord, take me home!"

Every generation has thought they were the final one. We are no different. Every generation has seen religious persecution and tribulation. We are no different.

Jesus could only say it so many times that he was coming during their generation, very soon, be watching, get ready, some standing here won't die, don't seal up these prophecies because the time is near....and on and on and on.

I am thinking the people standing there listening to him and the following church at that time.....probably believed him....and so do I.
edit on 29-1-2014 by UxoriousMagnus because: because I can't friggin spell

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Further to my previous answer;
If "God's people" has now been extended to include Christians, that also has to include the possibility that Christians will be included in the unfaithful portion.
The flaw in BOTH the "Vatican" AND the "Jerusalem" theories is that they enable people to say "It won't be us, it will be that lot over there", and not keep watch on their own faithfulness.
It gives a false sense of security.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   

DISRAELI

Further to my previous answer;
If "God's people" has now been extended to include Christians, that also has to include the possibility that Christians will be included in the unfaithful portion.
The flaw in BOTH the "Vatican" AND the "Jerusalem" theories is that they enable people to say "It won't be us, it will be that lot over there", and not keep watch on their own faithfulness.
It gives a false sense of security.

Whell it doesnt matter to me whether someone follows the pope in the vatican or follow judaism in jerusalem,
but i agree with your point your making.

this is the video i commonly think of when thinking about including christains into the unfaithful portion.

Ive always thought that it will play out like silent hill the movie.
edit on 29-1-2014 by Belcastro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Belcastro
...Jerusalem is the Harlot of Revelation.

Sure it's not Bergen, Norway? "The City of the Seven Mountains": en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Mmmmmmm, Hmmmmmmmmm
Very interesting, never heard that theory before. Seems to make a lot of sense, though.
Rome is the seat of power for the dominant "Christian' organisation.

Might have to read a little more and pray about it

Is Israel still under catholic control I wonder

Good thread

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I've heard several credible theories for who mystery Babylon is and for now I think it's a mistake to try to parse just exactly who these prophecies are aimed at. Things just aren't clear enough to pinpoint it.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Today Israel mocks Jesus in their media, and oppresses the Palestinians.
I doubt that the Apostle John was writing about the modern UN state of Israel back in the First Century.

Since the death of Herod the Great, the province of Judea had fallen into relative insignificance.
Jerusalem still had the distinction of hosting the largest temple of any kind in the Roman world.

What was especially significant was the religious cult of the Emperor which was the belief in a manifest destiny of the Roman people to subject the world to their city's patron gods.
This was a mystery religion where only the initiates to this cult knew the secret names of these gods.
So when John says that there was a name on her forehead "mystery Babylon", it would have been a reference to the idolatry that was opposed to the real God.
edit on 29-1-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

The word for wolf in Latin is Lupus. 'She-wolf' becomes 'Lupa', and what do you know, it was also the common word for 'Prostitute'. 'Roma' is derived from 'Ruma' which means 'Breast'. All of this why?

According to an ancient legent, a float with two newborn babies came down the River Tiber and a shewolf rescued them, breast fed them and gave them the names Remus and Romulus, and when they weren't trying to kill eachother, they built on a city they called Roma. That's Amor from right to left-- Love.

The mysterious acronym or abbrivation S.P.Q.R. noone really knows what means, but a common interpretation is something along the lines of Senatus Populus Que Romanus -- The Senate and People of Rome.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
There are plenty of scripture that can be translated as Mecca and Mecca has seven hills.

I do not like the Zionism duality/racism that comes from Israel either and I make a very clear line between Jews and Zionists. If Babylon is Saudi Arabia or Israel do not really matter since both are in extreme karmatic trouble. The whole Saudi Arabia proxy pushing the Russian bear with terrorist attacks now are tempting fate. Someone is doing everything they can to make Revelation true.
edit on 29-1-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-1-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Interesting material.
I have written several detailed threads on this subject, if you are interested...

The Bible identifies the whore of Babylon as Jerusalem.

Revelation : The whores "fornication" is usury.

Revelation : The whores name explained.

Jerusalem isn't mentioned by name in the book of Revelation.

Hope you don't mind me doing a little self-advertising on your thread.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Today Israel mocks Jesus in their media

With Judaism being opposed to Jesus, Israel is the worlds ONLY openly anti-Christian nation.
Yet, its ironic how their biggest supporters happen to be Christians.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

You know what... I saw the title of this thread and made some assumptions. I figured I would chime in and set you straight, but after reading through your OP and thinking about it... you have presented a very interesting theory here. Currently I am of the opinion that the Harlot, or as the KJV says "Great Whore", is the Roman Catholic Church, as well as every other form of false religion. You made some great points in your OP and I am going to really look into what you are saying here.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

sk0rpi0n

Interesting material.
I have written several detailed threads on this subject, if you are interested...

The Bible identifies the whore of Babylon as Jerusalem.

Revelation : The whores "fornication" is usury.

Revelation : The whores name explained.

Jerusalem isn't mentioned by name in the book of Revelation.

Hope you don't mind me doing a little self-advertising on your thread.

you arethe person who taught me this so i dont mind.
they are great threads! but i didnt know u had made one with jerusalem as the harlot i will read it

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

OptimusSubprime

You know what... I saw the title of this thread and made some assumptions. I figured I would chime in and set you straight, but after reading through your OP and thinking about it... you have presented a very interesting theory here. Currently I am of the opinion that the Harlot, or as the KJV says "Great Whore", is the Roman Catholic Church, as well as every other form of false religion. You made some great points in your OP and I am going to really look into what you are saying here.

In a way every man made religion is a harlot (idol of what it should be), every social system is a harlot (corrupted by few and unjust) and the destruction of nature for material wealth without concern of the stewardship is a harlot (suicidal nature of man). Humanity has fallen far but sometimes starting over and knowing your mistakes means you can avoid doing them again. The fear I have is that someone is trying to make revelation true with nuclear weapons (self fulfilling since some people have an agenda). So please everyone who reads this thread stay out of Jerusalem or Mecca if you do not have a very good reason for going.
edit on 30-1-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

sk0rpi0n

Today Israel mocks Jesus in their media

With Judaism being opposed to Jesus, Israel is the worlds ONLY openly anti-Christian nation.
Yet, its ironic how their biggest supporters happen to be Christians.

Nothing weird about that at all since it is only by garment the are Jews or Christians.

Please do not judge these people by the garment of Zionism.

It is like drafting monks who are trying to connect with god and force them to fight against their moral of peace.
edit on 30-1-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join