It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IF jesus returned, how would we know it was him?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
The swimmer's body, the ZZ Top beard, and the walking on water would be a dead giveaway.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Belcastro

Well it's a long story, basically most will follow an imposter, then it gets really ugly.

There's the plagues and vials of wrath, people running to and fro,eventually Christ will come with myriads of angels and make war with the imposter and his followers, blood will flow,most will die.

the end

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

dbates

Belcastro
Do we look for a certain sign from god, or would jesus be supernatural in some way?

♪ What if God was one of us. Just a slob like one of us. Just a stranger on a bus.... ♫

He has been following you around.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I know this much. If you can't tell, but you get impressed by someone who says he's Christ and you and most everyone else are down on their knees and the guy even does what look like miracles ... You might be in trouble. Heck, you might even see some of the big time Christian movers and shakers down there on their knees with you calling this guys name in worship. But you'll still be in trouble. You might be down there with most of the rest of the world, and you'd still be trouble.

Because the first guy who pulls this off is not the one you're looking for.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Just my take…

Your question was "according to the Bible…"

Those prophecies say something about him returning not meek as a lamb as before but as head of a "host" (army?) that would fight the powers that be. Last time he rebuked the Romans and the Temple, this time he would destroy it.

"Descending with a mighty shout"

And of course then he would be sought to be murdered and the current paradigm would want him punished severely (bring me the head).

Then buried and his name scourged, his body disappeared.

There is a scenario that fits this and it has already happened.

I'm not going to say what or who, that would be "blasphemous" to the current order, both religious and imperial.

Suffice to say that just like last time he would be beloved of people and despised by the world government and church.
edit on 29-1-2014 by intrptr because: clarity

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

If the antichrist comes first, how will people be fooled?

This could get tricky.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

My understanding of events is like this - First we get the event that could be a Rapture. We hear Christ give a mighty shout with the sounding of the last trumpet, but he never comes back to earth. He's only in the clouds, and I'm not sure anyone ever sees him, only hear him. The dead in Christ are gathered and possibly the living, which would be the Rapture. Second, the great man of sin makes the peace covenant for seven years and brings in the period of Tribulation. He's the one who will deceive so many, even the elect. He will be on earth, and he's the one I'm referring to. Third, Christ returns with the host to end the Trib and fight the man of sin (anti-Christ). This time He does appear on Earth by necessity and the Saints and Host go with him.

So, on earth, the anti-Christ does appear first.

The kicker is that the man of sin could be here on earth now, but he hasn't revealed himself. There's also a false prophet who works in tandem with him. They can counterfeit miracles and stuff, so they will be very convincing.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Christ isn't going to be nice the second time around.

Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him, and all tribes of the earth will wail on account of him.

Let no one deceive you in any way. For that day will not come, unless the rebellion comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction,

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

It's complicated, at one time I couldn't see people being fooled, but now I can see it.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I've often wondered if every tribe on earth wails because God takes the children. Those too young to be accountable.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Well he certainly wouldn't call himself "Jesus." That's not his real name. Whatever you are picturing in your head of what Jesus looked like is probably wrong as well. He didn't look like a bearded white hippy.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Stormdancer777
reply to post by ketsuko

It's complicated, at one time I couldn't see people being fooled, but now I can see it.

I agree. After studying history though and what ordinary people can do with a cult of personality and witnessing the Barack Obama phenomena with my own eyes, I can well believe that people will be deceived. People need to believe. I think it's just hardwired in our make-up, and if you give folks something that seems very attractive ... it's very hard to resist and no one believes with more fervor than someone who is newly converted.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

That was as vaguely symbolic as the passages in the Bible. In other words, from the perspective of people that wrote it that lived a long time ago. They had no frame of reference about the modern world and did not understand a great deal of what they were shown. How could they, they have not seen a light bulb, sky scraper or jet.

Thing is, how does one interpret that? Apply it to the real world today?

Gotta go for now, but will be back sometime today.

Could be intriguing.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Belcastro

Its stated clearly that the PTB will know its Him and will have prepared for a major battle with Him.......then they will run for the hills and beg the mountains to fall on them rather than have to face him.

Little do most know but next to believers the societies that run the earth are very much believers in Jesus.....who will not return meek and lowly riding upon an asses colt but will return in force and take over shop. Asses will be kicked, nations humbled with a rod of iron, the former evil running the earth will be put in lock down.

Jesus will not go on the TV interview network to make a case for a peaceful and civil transfer of power. There won't be a Jesus magic show in which He juggles 50 bowling pins or farts a dove out of His azz.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

ketsuko

Stormdancer777
reply to post by ketsuko

I agree. After studying history though and what ordinary people can do with a cult of personality and witnessing the Barack Obama phenomena with my own eyes, I can well believe that people will be deceived. People need to believe. I think it's just hardwired in our make-up, and if you give folks something that seems very attractive ... it's very hard to resist and no one believes with more fervor than someone who is newly converted.

Couldn't this same fervor of belief have occurred 2000 years ago when a few superstitious townsmen heard about miracles being performed by some great man?

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

What a great way to spread peace and tranquility, through the point of a sword. Nothing says, be peaceful like killing large swaths of people huh? Christianity 101.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Oh they have it coming friend and its all they understand.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Krazysh0t
Well he certainly wouldn't call himself "Jesus." That's not his real name. Whatever you are picturing in your head of what Jesus looked like is probably wrong as well. He didn't look like a bearded white hippy.

there is a description

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:

king of kings and lord of lords.

And I saw an angel standing in the sun, who cried in a loud voice to all the birds flying in midair, “Come, gather together for the great supper of God, so that you may eat the flesh of kings, generals, and the mighty, of horses and their riders, and the flesh of all people, free and slave, great and small.”

Then I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies gathered together to wage war against the rider on the horse and his army. But the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who had performed the signs on its behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped its image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur. The rest were killed with the sword coming out of the mouth of the rider on the horse, and all the birds gorged themselves on their flesh.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Jesus magic show in which He juggles 50 bowling pins or farts a dove out of His azz

No he wont do that, lol

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

*shrug* We ALL believe. Even you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join