It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama vows to pursue gun control ‘with or without Congress’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Perhaps he means the use of drones and heavy armed police to take streets and finally confirm the police state once and for all, so we will have to get used to have this type of enforcement in everyday life.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

muse7

Bassago

muse7
I watched the whole speech and I never once heard him say he was going to take your guns away.

Maybe this is a propaganda thread too?

And maybe you just read the title and skipped right over his quotes.

Quote where he says that he's going to take guns away?

He said he is going to try and prevent mass shootings "with or without congress". Initially I was skeptical because I watched the address, but I also had a girl talking in my ear so I must of missed that part. I'm not sure what conclusions can be drawn from it, but indeed the OP is correct.

Also, I noticed quite a bit of republican support for most of the address, the only time beenie baby was really irked was when he mentioned global warming as fact.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Wow what a long death spiral.This guy is going to crash big and hard,screaming his color all the way,hundreds of thousands of progs weeping. The remaining millions who are more sentient will endure (AGAIN).

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   

snarky412
reply to post by Bassago

I think you are grossly misrepresenting BF Furry Texan here... He is not that horizontally challenged judging by his avatar.
Sorry. I couldn't resist.

The line of thinking portrayed in the cartoon is correct. Some will never ever see it that way though. Law abiding citizens will be the only ones lining up to hand over their guns if restrictions/new laws are passed. The rest of the "criminal society" will just carry on crapping everything up the way they have always done. If they followed laws, well...

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

I think you are grossly misrepresenting BF Furry Texan here... He is not that horizontally challenged judging by his avatar. Sorry. I couldn't resist.

Actually, that's his cousin
BFFT has been busy taking pot shots at cupids in the Valentine's thread with arrows....LOL

The line of thinking portrayed in the cartoon is correct. Some will never ever see it that way though. Law abiding citizens will be the only ones lining up to hand over their guns if restrictions/new laws are passed. The rest of the "criminal society" will just carry on crapping everything up the way they have always done. If they followed laws, well...

That's what the anti-gun people don't understand
New gun regulations won't do anything to stop or deter mentally ill people nor the thugs

People who feel the urge to kill need medical attention, not more gun laws
Those kind of people will always find a way to get a gun, even if it's the illegal way like the criminals do
Criminals [thugs] don't abide to the laws like we do

edit on 29-1-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
These superior elite libbies have said it for decades....they want to control you cause they know better than you how to run your life, yes this liar wants to take your guns and that is just the start. If your stupid enough to think they will stop at an EO you are a simple fool. Seriously," show me where he said that".....unfrigginbelievable.....
edit on 29-1-2014 by teslahowitzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   

muse7

Bassago

muse7
I watched the whole speech and I never once heard him say he was going to take your guns away.

Maybe this is a propaganda thread too?

And maybe you just read the title and skipped right over his quotes.

Quote where he says that he's going to take guns away?

Surely, by now, you know he intends to disarm America?!

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Heck, the Constitution gives us the right to bear arms... or is it arm bears? Whatever..... but... as there is a guarantee for guns, what they SEEM to be doing is controlling the ammunition! Nothing in the Constitution about that! Finding .22 ammo around here is impossible! By controlling the ammo, they make guns useless. The Death of a Thousand Cuts, one slice at a time.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

New gun regulations won't do anything to stop or deter mentally ill people nor the thugs People who feel the urge to kill need medical attention, not more gun laws Those kind of people will always find a way to get a gun, even if it's the illegal way like the criminals do

If obama's logic held true, then they would have to start taking away pneumatic tools from carpenters, knives from house wives, tool from mechanics, common chemicals that can be used for 'mass destruction', cars from anybody suffering from depression.......man, I hope he has a lot of pens!

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jaxnmarko

The Death of a Thousand Cuts, one slice at a time.

That's probably exactly what we can expect with the emperor's upcoming executive orders. Once he's got the bits in place (like a national database) then they pull the California confiscation trick.

Good time now to wrap up a couple of weapons and ammo in oil cloth and bury them in an obscure place.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
obuma is a lawyer and they lie for a living they even lie with their mouths closed [body launguage ] he will have to restle my gun from my hand red or blue obuma is coming after you
edit on 29-1-2014 by 999zxcv because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Obama isnt my king. I dont listen to kings.
I dont listen to kings laws.
I dont listen when some ahole with a complex decides his decisions dont require the
approval from people who are there to prevent these types of actions.

He can take his EOs- and he can shove them up his ...

As far as I am concerned- he doesnt have the authority.

He wants to disarm Americans- I say we disarm him and take away his pen and phone.

This guys head is so big- Im suprised he hasnt kicked himself in the face(literally).

Hes no president- hes a tyrant.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Hes no president- hes a tyrant.

That True My Friend, I think he is too.
After over 200 years, Americas Constitution as worked Pretty Good for Americans and Obama wants to Bypass it, I understand.
I'll have to ask my husband tomorrow when I see him more about this.
Obama sounds very much like only his E O's can straighten out America and Shape in the Image He See's Fit!

Reminds me of my early childhood growing up under Mao's regime.

Remember his last promise made to you, America, if you like your health care plan and doctor you can keep them!!!

What we're going to see.

You all know what his followers think.

edit on 29-1-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Truer words have not been spoken, You're right of-course. Law-abiding Americans will follow the rule of law.
This is what you'll have.

Remember these people?

What an awful fate. We can not allow some one to render America Defenseless. Other countries have and paid for Blindly following and not taking steps to ask question and control the situation, My Home Country was one of them.
Yes, I lost relatives to that Mad Man known as Mao.

Of-course once he's confiscated the weapons he can easily ship them to his contacts he's already made in the past.

Some thing needs to be done to Dry the Ink in His Pen.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   

guohua

Something needs to be done to Dry the Ink in His Pen.

True, This! —
Beneath the rule of men entirely great
The pen is mightier than the sword. Behold
The arch-enchanters wand! — itself is nothing! —
But taking sorcery from the master-hand
To paralyse the Cæsars, and to strike
The loud earth breathless! — Take away the sword —
States can be saved without it!

Sounds like he plans to use the pen as a weapon and weapons are prohibited in D.C. ... just ask Adam Kokesh.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

That's true, he is planning to use his pen as we have been discussing. But he needs to learn.

The true be told, the majority of Americas are not Happy.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Bassago
reply to post by jaxnmarko

The Death of a Thousand Cuts, one slice at a time.

That's probably exactly what we can expect with the emperor's upcoming executive orders. Once he's got the bits in place (like a national database) then they pull the California confiscation trick.

Good time now to wrap up a couple of weapons and ammo in oil cloth and bury them in an obscure place.

Why would you do that? for what purpose?

Do you think that once the rights are gone you will ever get them back?

If it's time to bury and hide your guns, Ya think maybe it's time to use them like the founding fathers foresaw?

They didn't put the second Amendment in the constitution so you could bury and hide your firearms when the government
became to overbearing.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by mwood

Why would you do that? for what purpose?

Do you think that once the rights are gone you will ever get them back?

If it's time to bury and hide your guns, Ya think maybe it's time to use them like the founding fathers foresaw?

They didn't put the second Amendment in the constitution so you could bury and hide your firearms when the government became to overbearing.

I'd didn't say bury ALL your weapons. I said bury a couple. As backup in case of a raid (like is happening in CA) where they come into your house with overwhelming force to confiscate what you have.

Simple prudence. By all means if you have a secondary secure location use that instead. Whatever leaves you in control of at least some of your firearms.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

That speaks volumes and I firmly believe that there will be an attempt to disarm the American people at some point so there will be no other way to fight back against anything regardless if it is a corrupt government or a meth addict trying to rob you.

If the battle is lost on the 2nd amendment issue we may as well go ahead and give everything else up with it IMO. We will not stand a chance of keeping any other freedom we perceive we have right now. I can not believe there are so many people willing to let that happen because guns "make them uncomfortable". They can't see the forest for the trees nor the writing on the wall.

The Obama administration is selling fear and the American people are buying it hook, line, and handgun.
edit on 1/29/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join