It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Brasil (Porto Alegre)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

I do look at those pictures when the members post them, I just don't feel educated enough as to what I am seeing as to comment on them. I just looked at your link at some things. I am actually more curious as to why they "target" specific areas.

Besides, I'm one of those that think Mars was the first planet we destroyed and that's what we left behind, and seems we haven't learned our lesson either.

Sorry OP, didn't mean to get off track, lol pun intended to fun box!

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I just received an email about this photo from the Google group "UFO Collective" written by Kentaro Mori, with the original file attached as well.

Seriously speaking now, here are my thoughts about this picture:

Running some quick preliminary tests with our dedicated software IPACO, I can say that:

1- There's no indication that the file was tampered with. The firmware version "I9300UBUGMK6" is here and all the metadatas are strongly consistent with those of others original sample photos taken with the same cellphone (Samsung GTI9300).
2- I agree with what Kentaro said in the group, there's no detected modification in the jpeg compression signature.
2- The color of the "object" match that of the clouds that can be seen at the lower left part of the photo, suggesting that both are in shadow. As you can see in my radiometric comparison below, the value of the lowest gray pixel is close in both cases (43 vs 58).

3- From a meteorologic POV, lenticular clouds can have a large range of shapes/colors/position within other clouds and comparatively to the sun position. As far as I know and in some rare cases, they can indeed be associated with cumulo-nimbus or cumulus congestus cloud. The opinion of a professional weather forecaster could be interesting though.

All of the above strongly suggest that what we have here is just a "special" shadowed lenticular cloud and that the photo wasn't tampered with.

However, please keep in mind that this is just a quick assessment and that, possibly, a deeper analysis could lead to a different conclusion.

edit on 29-1-2014 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-1-2014 by elevenaugust because: Removing the bad quote ...

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

I'm not quite sure why you are responding to me, but at least I guess we now know the OP didn't do any tampering, not that I think that was questioned really.
What picture to you actually send to this group if you aren't the OP? I mean how did you come by the original? Just curious, not trying to hassle you or anything.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Sorry double post
edit on 1/29/14 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   

onehuman
reply to post by elevenaugust

I'm not quite sure why you are responding to me, but at least I guess we now know the OP didn't do any tampering, not that I think that was questioned really.
What picture to you actually send to this group if you aren't the OP? I mean how did you come by the original? Just curious, not trying to hassle you or anything.

My apologies, my intend was not to reply specifically to you (bad manipulation!).

Well, I was just following the classic procedure when it comes to analysis a picture, like Kentaro Mori did it in this discuss linked above. Not trying at all to hassle the OP, of course.

The original was posted by him (Kentaro Mori) other there.
edit on 29-1-2014 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

RobertPaulsim
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

steady for 15 mins approx, then I left..
edit on 28-1-2014 by RobertPaulsim because: (no reason given)

Thanks for the reply.
15 minutes.... As Phage linked to, those clouds can stay together for that length of time, so could be a cloud.
Would absolutely love it to be a mothership though....
Great photo

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

Well, for all the samples of lenticular, my pic is the most weirdest, and the only thing
that stoods is "the shape", namely:

1) It is a "cloud within a cloud" scenario;
2) The "UFO" (or second cloud) is darker, very sharp defined edges;
3) The "UFO" (or second cloud) dislocates something from the background cloud, like a mountain pushing fog;

And, biased intel:
4) From the witness POV (me): it was a little scary. I was sick that day, but maybe I subconsciuously decided
to stay away and dont register the whole event....

Anyways.... I upload the original to ATS... its safe.

-RP

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by RobertPaulsim

I think if I saw a huge mothership hovering over my back garden I`d do more than observe it for 15 minutes then walk away!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join