It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Wallpaper Competition Entries

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Wow -I almost forgot about this one!
Hey Kano, when we can see the results ???
with Best New Year wishes...
jazz

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kano
Judging will begin in a week or so, so get out and check out all the entries to find which is your favourite from each category!

I thinking this must be drawing out into the 'or so' part that you mentioned.
I know, you all probably have real lives with jobs, hungry kids, and a car that keeps breaking down too. Any idea when this will begin, or how the voting is going to take place?

Thanks to everyone for their comments. Sorry I haven’t been around to say this sooner; I was moving and only had time to occasionally check at the library.

My favorites would be:

Thematic: Kinglizard

Artistic: SMR (nice layering)

Deny Ignorance: JOHNsmith

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Well! What happened? did you think you was going to let this one slip away into the archives?

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I think Kano disspeared he never replied to one of my u2u's I spent an our writing...

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Just when I was looking for an ATS wallpaper...Voila!!!

Marvelous job...I love all of them.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by cpr12r
I think Kano disspeared he never replied to one of my u2u's I spent an our writing...

Do you mean you spent an hour writing the letter? Was it ever marked as read in your outbox?

Can another moderator take the responsibility for the voting, or was the promise of additional ATS points just a ploy to get more enrollments into the said competition?

No big deal on the points anyway, from what I've read RATS isn't all I thought it was cracked up to be (although it would be cool to have the points to blow on it for snits and tiggles.)

[edit on 19-1-2005 by Seth76]

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Yes it was all a cunning plan!

No the voting is still coming, it was ready to go before server change but the changeover has affected the coding and as you can imagine there is already a lot of work going on with the new server, sit tight.

And cpr, if that u2u actually took an hour to write, then the answer to it is no.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Yea, that was my original presumption, but it didn't seem ATS enough so I made up a conspiracy.

SMR

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I think Kano just needed to update the ole' desktop

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Can I bump this back up? What's going on?

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Yeah WHAT IS HAPPENING!
I want to see the winners! Or is the judging that hard due to the high quality of em? Or not enough submissions?

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I know I'm not going to win so I don't even care. Besides, I entered this when my, erm, graphic skills were just developing. Now, I'm much better, and have designed many awesome things. Congrats to everyone else, they ALL look really awesome (compaired to mine anyway
)

_df

Ps-sardion2000, is that a War Craft avatar?!?!

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkFlame
Ps-sardion2000, is that a War Craft avatar?!?!

Yup!
FOR THE HORDE! Playing World of Warcraft now, but I believe its from Warcraft III.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Can you please respond to this Kano? Having been given enough time to think about this I've been wondering if the voting scheme was ready when the desktops were opened for download, why wasn't the polling implemented at that time? I'm re-bumping this thread because today marks month four from the time the wallpapers were opened for download. Again, What the heck is going on?

Edit: And eight days (the 28th) will mark month seven from the time the competition was opened. But hey, at this point who's keeping track.

[edit on 20-3-2005 by Seth76]

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I don't know what's going on with the voting. but i know that from the time this was thought up (in DISC by myself and other), to the time it came to fruition was quite a bit of time, too.

the mods are busy, cut them some slack, its not like anyone is winning a million bucks or anything.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Not saying anything about this seems to be getting a lot done too Bobo.

Ten months, are we going for a year to complete this??

SMR

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Seems time and effort on our parts was for nothing.Well not nothing, as I am sure some people got some really nice desktop wallpaper.

But a shame so many took the time and effort but arent getting the time and effort back

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Hey, but it was fun doing it in the first place.
Just a shame that as they were done by the site members for the site that they are not advertised in case anyone wants one.......Maybe they were just all thought to be crap.

SMR

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Sure it was fun.But we were asked to personally create something for a competition and it just sits.Almost a year later here we are, and no progress.

What if we the members asked for a new board feature, then they did it, then we didnt use it?
A bit rude actually.Like our efforts arent worth the time or something...

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Well, "they" can no longer use the excuse that the voting script is malfunctioning. With the council member election all of us know that there is a working script they can base it on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join