It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drowning Baby Elephant Rescued by Adult Female Elephants (Video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Elephants are incredible animals. They are the largest living land animals on Earth today. The largest elephant ever recorded was a male in Angola that weighed 2400 lbs. But not only are they very intelligent, yes it is true that they have fantastic memories, but their intelligence has been described as equal to dolphins or the nonhuman primates. Aristotle once said the elephant was "the beast which passeth all others in wit and mind." Some of their intelligence behaviors are those such as grief, making music and art, altruism, play, allo-mothering , use of tools, compassion and self-awareness. Sound quite human don't they?

Read more here:
www.whitewolfpack.com...

I just came across this and had to share it. What can I say? I think the video says it all...

There's nothing like a mother's love. She'll risk it all to save her offspring!
This is a very heart-warming video. I hope you enjoy it.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Great video thanks for posting , I now have a lump in my thought and tear in my eye

Elephants are extraordinary animals , I have seen many examples of them helping each other out of situations , protecting their young and even grieving for their lost family members , they are without doubt one of the most intelligent , graceful animals on this planet and it makes my blood boil to think what we have done to them over the years.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Interesting how they pushed and coaxed the baby elephant to the shallow end of the pond. I was kind of surprised they just didn't pick up the baby elephant out of the water with their trunks, considering they can lift tree trunks with them. I think these and other animals have more intelligence and emotions than we know.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Great vid thanks for sharing it.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

S&F

that was beautiful

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Course what you miss from the beginning was the mother elephant throwing the baby elephant into the water to begin with.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ntfpdx

That was a joke, right?

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
It looked more like they were teaching the baby how to get out of a situation like that as opposed to just saving it. Beautiful, smart creatures. Great video!

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SgtHamsandwich

Yeah, I think that's why they didn't use their trunks to pick it up. They wanted it to learn to go to the shallow edge in the future.

Very smart!!

join