It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Snoden a Russian Spy?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
As of late I have been reading more and more about Mr Snoden.

From the beginning of his hasty exit as the FBI and the NSA were moving in on his hacking activities and data collection for personal gain. The more the stories come out and the more they reveal that this guy more than likely became a spy for Russia before he was hired at the NSA.

It would seem after meeting with Russians in Singapore and then flying to Russia was all planned ahead of time. And that his whole "coming out" with the data was all a cover-up for his being a Russian Spy.

As they dig deeper I think this will come out and may already be known but being kept under wraps for now because of pending criminal charges.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
What does Russia gains of exposing the NSA

Would it be better to keep the mole inside gathering info than disclosing 6 years old information?

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ChesterJohn

"Snowden" is not russian

And you would probably have said the same thing about somewhere else had he gone there instead
edit on 28-1-2014 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Silicis n Volvo

"Snowden" is not russian

And you would probably have said the same thing about somewhere else had he gone there instead

you don't have to be Russian to be a Russian spy. As a matter of fact they would prefer someone like Snoden apposed to a Russian citizen or immigrant.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Indigent
What does Russia gains of exposing the NSA

Would it be better to keep the mole inside gathering info than disclosing 6 years old information?

It was not about revealing the NSA secrets until they were on to him. actually all the data he released was public records and you could get it from the FOIA/NSA sites.

He skipped town just before they were to arrest him for Data collection activities that went beyond his duites. He is linked to Russian hackers who have use the data he colllected illegally through the NSA to steal from credit cards and ATM accounts.

He was nothing more than a criminal but now I am seeing there may have been something more behind him that we are being told.

When I said cover up for being a russian spy it was also a cover up for his criminal activities none of which are being reported but are known. He was using his position at the NSA to collect your's and my credit/debit card numbers and supplying it to his hacking counterparts in the russia.

The whole NSA spying was a way to keep the attention off of his personal criminal activities. While the NSA has reasons why they do what they do. His reasons were for personal gain. Where do you think he got all his money the amazing thing is many of you are sending him more money to support him making him richer. He could care less about you and never did care.

edit on 28-1-2014 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   

ChesterJohn

Silicis n Volvo

"Snowden" is not russian

you don't have to be Russian to be a Russian spy. As a matter of fact they would prefer someone like Snoden apposed to a Russian citizen or immigrant.

To be a Russian spy you have to be Russian. If this story were true in Edward Snowden's case he would be an American spy for Russia. But anyway I was just being pedantic. My overall point is I just don't believe the story

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

ChesterJohn

He is linked to Russian hackers who have use the data he colllected illegally through the NSA to steal from credit cards and ATM accounts.

So Russia as a country is in so bad shape that it needs to infiltrate a mole in NSA to steal some CC info, ummmm i just don't know, something doesn't hold in all this.

I'm sure Russia has seen some mobster movies to know they just whack the mole when the feds are getting close to find it, not make and intricate plan to save the life of a disposable asset.

Nop your theory doesn't makes sense

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Silicis n Volvo

ChesterJohn

Silicis n Volvo

"Snowden" is not russian

To be a Russian spy you have to be Russian. If this story were true in Edward Snowden's case he would be an American spy for Russia. But anyway I was just being pedantic. My overall point is I just don't believe the story

pick nits you know what I meant a spy for Russia.

That is why it is a conspiracy theory. We don't have all the info being released but there are some at ATS who know these things too.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Indigent

ChesterJohn

He is linked to Russian hackers who have use the data he colllected illegally through the NSA to steal from credit cards and ATM accounts.

So Russia as a country is in so bad shape that it needs to infiltrate a mole in NSA to steal some CC info, ummmm i just don't know, something doesn't hold in all this.

I'm sure Russia has seen some mobster movies to know they just whack the mole when the feds are getting close to find it, not make and intricate plan to save the life of a disposable asset.

Nop your theory doesn't makes sense

There is a reason why they have not yet and that is more secrets that the NSA has not revealed.

You guys are to much into anti govt to see there is a whole other side to this whole mess and the truth.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   

ChesterJohn

There is a reason why they have not yet and that is more secrets that the NSA has not revealed.

You guys are to much into anti govt to see there is a whole other side to this whole mess and the truth.

anti govt? what? its you say the guy was a spy all along for Russia, for you the reason for his rescue was he was getting close to be find out.

for me this means he works for Russia, if he was going to be find out Russia would have whack i'm, not saved him, after all if he was a spy he lost he usefulness once exposed.

I fail to see my anti govt bias in all of these

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
It seems Snoden was active with the hacker groups even in china. but it was the Russian hackers who were more after money than info. But there was info Russia was after and snoden has given them what he was able to get but not all of what they wanted because the NSA and FBI got suspicious over his accessing info unrelated to his job and his relationship with the russian hackers.

As I said what has been released to the Guardian was info that was already made public you and I could have goten it for ourselves we just didn't know where to look. It is the info that we are not told about and has not been released that was more dangerous.

The truth is out there to quote Xfiles.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Indigent

ChesterJohn

anti govt? what? its you say the guy was a spy all along for Russia, for you the reason for his rescue was he was getting close to be find out.

for me this means he works for Russia, if he was going to be find out Russia would have whack i'm, not saved him, after all if he was a spy he lost he usefulness once exposed.

I fail to see my anti govt bias in all of these

In reality Snoden worked for himself. It was all about money whether from Russia for sensitive info (a spy for them) or sharing in the profits of the russian hackers, it was all about what was in it for him. And when he was about to get caught he ran and then released "released info" to take the publics eyes off of the truth of his activities and put them on the activities of the NSA.

The NSA does what it does.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
read my first post hereSnoden leak Documents for why the NSA did what it did as to what was already NSA released documents released by Snoden.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

I would worry for any citizen, not just citizens of the United States, who becomes complacent and puts all their faith in their government. If you ever worked in government, you would realize there is a lot of political abuse behind the scenes, excessive waste and criminal activity that the public never sees. Gaining POWER over people causes people to think they can do things without being accountable for their actions. Simple case in point, George Bush, Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld. We can add numerous political figures to this list including the current administration.

The government has systems in place to keep criminal activites and whistle blowers from seeing the light of day. Labeling everything "secret" is one way, threats, and the FISA court are just a few of the ways they keep government abuse under wraps.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

WeRpeons

I would worry for any citizen, not just citizens of the United States, who becomes complacent and puts all their faith in their government. If you ever worked in government, you would realize there is a lot of political abuse behind the scenes, excessive waste and criminal activity that the public never sees. Gaining POWER over people causes people to think they can do things without being accountable for their actions. Simple case in point, George Bush, Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld. We can add numerous political figures to this list including the current administration.

The government has systems in place to keep criminal activites and whistle blowers from seeing the light of day. Labeling everything "secret" is one way, threats, and the FISA court are just a few of the ways they keep government abuse under wraps.

I am not in any way placing my trust fully in govt nor am i advocating that.

There is abuse in any organization and corporations.

Ever work in the restaurant industry?

Do you know how much criminal activity happens at restaurants and nighclubs via its employees?

At restaurants and clubs a lot of illegal drugs and guns are sold, prostitution is promoted, and underage drinking is allowed. So see it is everywhere not just govts.

My point here is that Snoden like any employee at any business used it for his criminal activity. When it came close to his being caught for it, he made it look as if he was doing America a favor and that he is some what a saint, but the info he released (and the MSM not letting you know) was already made public before he made it public.

So what is up with that?

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

It was not about revealing the NSA secrets until they were on to him. actually all the data he released was public records and you could get it from the FOIA/NSA sites.

Can someone please link me to the bit where is says the monitor all those calls (log) across America...Germany...Spain...France....UK.... and their text logs, the mass collection of data from different companies because I cant seem to find it on their site.

I got stuck on their info on the JFK assassination. My small mind cant handle too much info at once

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Good points to ponder, OP. Frankly, at this point, I think if little Eddie Snowden as more Russian than American anyway. A Russian Agent? meh... Maybe... Or maybe just ran into the arms of Putin in convenience. It's hard to say, IMO. He's definitely not Russian in a real sense ...but then Russia has turned and burned a number of Americans over the decades who weren't Russian in anything but loyalties.

I know for all the B.S., nothing much has been released for all his noise, other than what we knew to be the truth already. We may not have had large portions of it outright confirmed, but things like the abuses of the FISA Court were plot features on Law and Order long before he said anything. I didn't know many of the code names, but I'm not sure that added a whole lot to the overall body of knowledge here. What has NOT been released would fill libraries......but I have little doubt it's part of what bought him a new life in the Russian Federation.

I do hope Snowden enjoys his new Russian lifestyle...and stays there. Forever. Unless he really, radically changes? He's nothing but a U.S. Intelligence professional with at least 6 years combined between NSA and CIA employment and he went bad. Flipped like a rotten pancake.

It's a shame no one even recognizes a defection when they see one. These used to happen often enough for Russian agents coming to the West. Now it's an American officer defecting to the Russians. Nothing much different, really...just what direction the agent in question runs and who is there to give hugs.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

I agree. I mean, let's face it: Snowden is all over Big Media. Thanks to him Anti-Americanism is on a rise inside US itself. One can't ignore that Snowden acts alot like fifth column.

Seems to me that Russians have nothing to lose by attacking the US's National Security. What more, the Russians don't even have to shoot one bullet - all they have to do is leak classified or even fake documents to american medias, and encourage the outraged, "awakened" American people itself (no need to send Russain army!) to carry out the coup d'état themselves. In other words, Snowden and his Russians pals seems to be turning the people into their own little pro-marxist army. It would be a major intelligence deed for the russians.

edit on 28-1-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

There is abuses all over the world. The question is, why are they focusing our attention on the US alone? What is it they want us to ignore?

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Let's play a game called Occam's Razor. The rules are simple, I'm going to give you some possible explanations for what Snowden (by the way Snowden is spelled with a W) is and we get to decide on the most likely scenario.

1. Snowden is a Russian spy who was compromised and caused Russia to bail him out with his data.
2. Snowden is a Russian spy who collected the data he was supposed to get and bailed.
3. Snowden is a national hero and the MSM and government are making up a smear campaign to discredit him.
4. Snowden is a greedy sob and is in it for his own profit.

1 and 2 seem unlikely in that Snowden had no clue where he would go once he left the country. He released a bunch of information to the public as well and not just to Russia. Does Russia even have the data stick that Snowden stole? I was under the impression it was at The Guardian. Seems like as a spy, it would be counterproductive to release the information he was gathering.

4 is also unlikely in that he pissed off the most powerful country in the world. Even if he could profit off of the money, where would he spend it?

The answer is most likely 3 and you are buying into the government's propaganda. Snowden is most definitely a national hero.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join