It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Racist card" and "Religious card" in Politics. Let's stop and WAKE UP!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Well, I could be wrong but it sounds like you may be only referring to one side, not able to see the big picture. The OP is trying to point out how mindless of a distraction these are while not addressing the real issues happening that slip under our noses constantly due to these mindless "cards".

I will say concerning these quotes tho -

Denying to be a racist doesn't make it so....

The problem is, anyone and everyone is considered racist if that person is disagreeing with a liberal. No-one else even brings it up but liberals. It seems most others are just tired of hearing it being thrown around all the time. It's a completely fabricated argument to push an agenda. Those who push the agenda tend to be the ones practicing racism and hatred on a daily basis.

If you don't want to be called out on your prejudices; try being a little more tolerant.

Another example of not practicing what is preached. Intolerance and prejudice exist on all sides, screaming it when someone disagrees with your party is a waste of time and stops people from addressing the real issues. You know, the ones the govt or better yet, the PEOPLE might actually be able to fix.

No-one likes a holier than thou person.. And it's not just "Christians" who act that way either.
edit on 28-1-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Wookiep
reply to post by olaru12

Well, I could be wrong but it sounds like you may be only referring to one side, not able to see the big picture. The OP is trying to point out how mindless of a distraction these are while not addressing the real issues happening that slip under our noses constantly due to these mindless "cards".

Well you are wrong! Your'e the one that put words in my mouth and brought politics and religion into the discussion....not me.

"Wake up" indeed!

edit on 28-1-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Haha, ok would you mind clarifying? Your first post that is..

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Wookiep
reply to post by olaru12

I'll try....

To distill it down for you in simple terms. If anyone makes an obvious racist or patently "holier than thou" post and they are called out on it; that's not playing the "race/religious card"....that's pointing out a BS agenda.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Fair enough. As long as it's not injected into politics then it's just an argument about race/religion. It happens, but rarely. Thanks for the clarity.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Auricom
reply to post by Wookiep

The cards you're referring too are far too easy a tool to silence opposition. There's almost no defense towards it. Which is why they'll never go away. Don't agree with me? Then you must be a racist. Oppose my views? You're obviously antisemitic (or other). It's an argument of a weak minded individual who know they can't logically debate their stance or views.

But I hear ya OP. It'd be nice if maturity would rule debates instead of using easy cop outs to make a point.

Yea, kinda like when people accuse other people of BIAS for not enforcing biased laws. Sickening even when people sit on their ass and do nothing to change them, but instead would prefer that they continue.

Bias: prejudice in favor of or against one thing, person, or group compared with another, usually in a way considered to be unfair.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   
>>
NEITHER one belongs in politics because both are used as shameless tools to push a politically driven agenda.
>>

You obviously forgot what politics (politicians) is all about.

It's ALL ABOUT (and obviously only rarely in a honest & sincere way) getting votes and selling whatever agenda.
That's the politicians 101, the basic lesson. They are training and learning this like any other person in a profession undergoes training until they master their profession to perfection. Look, billions are spent on campaigns...for those people a lie or dishonesty doesn't matter if it increases chances to get more votes.

Why are those classic things like race, religion etc. used OVER AND OVER by politicians?

Because those are things which have to do with emotions, which "speak to" a broad audience without REQUIRING them to understand a political person's or party's program in all its entirety.

It is not possible to explain, say, millions of "not so educated people" (who ALSO ALL go voting!) about the complexities of economy. But it's very easy to play a simple race card since even Dock "Simpleton" Dumbo from rural Tennessee might "understand" that "everything is to blame on the Mexicans"..rather than torture his brain with complex factors of WHY the economy is so weak and this or that. Smarter person understand those things, but for millions of voters this won't work. Millions of voters might get won with racism, anti-homosexuality, religious blah-blah...the Joe Average might go to Church...he thinks.."Hey, this is a candidate I can relate with", he might not know much else of what the candidate is up to or may not even have the time in his busy every-day schedule. (Imagine a factory worker, 7am morning to work, 4pm off work, come home, watch some sports on TV, go to bed. Do you think those people would be people which have a complex understanding of politics? It's the simple truth, they don't)

Politics is about manipulation.

It's about (appearing to) giving people what they want. You don't debate quantum physics with farmer Joe. But you might get his attention with religion or the race card.

Get it? And a politician learns to talk on this level so that even some douche bag like Romney would APPEAR as a "man of the common folk", because the common folk is as needed to win votes as is the nobel prize winner in physics.

edit on 72014RuSundayAmerica/Chicago27AMSundaySunday by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

you will not be able to stop it. It's part of the divide and conquered agenda, it is all engineered that way to keep the masses distracted and the elites in power.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   

amfirst1
reply to post by Wookiep

you will not be able to stop it. It's part of the divide and conquered agenda, it is all engineered that way to keep the masses distracted and the elites in power.

Agreed, *I* won't be able to stop it. The agenda will continue no matter what. It all depends on how many people decide to keep eating it up. So far, "they" seem to be winning cause very few seem to recognize what's really going on, although there are some who seem to see it for what it really is.
edit on 9-2-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Funny enough...nowadays the people that are bringing up race most of the time are conservatives. Either bitching about how white people are being discriminated against or how black people have it so good with their affirmative action and "handouts".

Then when someone addresses those points they start yelling "RACE CARD"!!!

I agree though it's just a distraction
edit on 2/9/2014 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   

muse7
Funny enough...nowadays the people that are bringing up race most of the time are conservatives. Either bitching about how white people are being discriminated against or how black people have it so good with their affirmative action and "handouts".

Then when someone addresses those points they start yelling "RACE CARD"!!!

I agree though it's just a distraction
edit on 2/9/2014 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

That's weird, I wonder how you came to observe things this way. You must not watch MSNBC where almost everyday there is some new claim of racism somewhere in order to sell their "liberal" agenda. EVERYTHING is racist to them if someone isn't a "liberal". The only requirement for someone to be racist is to disagree with Obama, and it's a ridiculous tactic that will eventually hurt the dems. Yes, they use the "Race card" all the time, it's about the only card they have left until Hillary is put into office, then it will be switched from "black hate" claims to "female hate" claims. Go ahead and pretend it doesn't happen, you're only helping to shoot your party in the foot.

I don't think ANYONE claims black people have it good due to affirmative action and handouts. Who can really judge that? I'd like to see you source that claim to be honest, or perhaps you intentionally refuse to see the real argument at hand. I do hear that it's unfair for everyone else with equal or better skills though. Neither affirmative action or "handouts" fit the description of "equal" if we're going to give special things to one race over other races. I truly believe MLK jr would be very against such things since he wanted people judged by content of character rather than the color of ones skin. Such things seem pretty damn racist in the real sense to me.

edit on 10-2-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   

olaru12

Wookiep
reply to post by olaru12

I'll try....

To distill it down for you in simple terms. If anyone makes an obvious racist or patently "holier than thou" post and they are called out on it; that's not playing the "race/religious card"....that's pointing out a BS agenda.

Who defines the so called line that is crossed? The point is we have become so hypersensitive that we manifest an agenda. That's the real BS if you ask me.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join