It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tesla's device, the size of a blender, puts out more electricity than the Four Corner Power Complex

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
not quite ...
amsterdam /parish is 600 km... on 1 ltr fuel....
for 200 km speed will be factor 3 higher....
my point is that all new energy solutions are world wide blocked
to return to the topic...
edit on 28-1-2014 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   

ressiv
reply to post by hellobruce

correct! :-)
issue is the technology they are using for it.....that will be restricted....and the sponsor will have the patents...
engines that are build now are restricted to consume an minium of fuel....thought the technoly is alreaddy there to consume less...
giving that tech free will hurt the oil maffia and gov. taxes to hard... example 1 liter benzine cost here 1.70 euro....1.20 of it are taxes

any idee wat happend if you drive 200 km on 1 liter gas?????

You would walk 180?

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

My first experiment involved a flathead screwdriver and a plugged in radio, and after the initial electric shock, I thought I might have super powers. After the second, and subsequently picking up an encyclopedia and putting down my comics, I realized a third attempt was a bad idea…

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomCommander

Just a few little real physics questions:

Where does one connect the DC supply (It only seems to exist in one view)?

Are you aware that running DC through a coil will create an electromagnetic field but that field is static and so it will not regenerate an electric current through any sort of back EMF (the usual thing that the over-unity people imply will make their 'amazing' design work)?

How do the electrodes marked "output" know which electrical polarity they are (They look the same to me, picking up their potential difference from the air flow, somehow. Why would one be positive and the other negative)?

How large a voltage does the 'oscillator and transformer' supply need to be to cause a spark across the spark gap in the first place (mega-volts)?

It would seem that this incredible device requires TWO power supplies. A DC supply across the coils and the 'oscillator' supply for the spark. Hardly useful if the power goes out. Not to mention some sort of fan to get the air flow mentioned.

Also, the magnetic lines of force produced by the coils would either simply travel in a circuit through the "magnetic field core", bypassing the air path through its center, or, if the coils were wound so that they were pointing the same way (magnetically) then you'd get some field lines going across the gap, but you may as well ignore the coils and DC supply and replace it with a permanent magnet. Either configuration does essentially, nothing.

There's just too many things about this design that are just pointless and functionless. Why do people think that they can draw some random grouping of electromechanical/electromagnetic components and achieve over unity energy supply?

Even Tesla would not have bothered building this. Even at low air pressures and high voltages (where plasma's are likely to occur) It does nothing.

What is "cold electricity" really? I mean, is it even a thing?

edit on 28/1/2014 by chr0naut because: Just AHHHHHHhhhhhh...... !!!!

XL5

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
The whole idea of this device is that charged alpha and beta particles can be seperated, bent and directed to plates using a magnetic field. The easy way to test this is a radio active source, a couple neodynium magnets and a couple metal plates.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Phage

As far as I can tell my eyes recovered but it really hurt for a day or so.

Heh, as part of that same experiment I burned a couple of dings into the chrome ring around my bathroom sink. I was sure I was going to get busted big time but never heard about it. My eldest brother lives in that house now. Marks are still there.

Fun with electrons. Or were they beta rays?

In some parts of the world its called 'arceye' feels like you have an eye full of sand, yes it hurts, tried it myself, inadvertantly, made sure not to do it again, still use arc welding at home now and again, just cannot get on with mig welding.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   

XL5
The whole idea of this device is that charged alpha and beta particles can be seperated, bent and directed to plates using a magnetic field. The easy way to test this is a radio active source, a couple neodynium magnets and a couple metal plates.
Source? I posted the source I found on page 1, and that's not what my source claims, but I admit it's probably wrong, since it says the idea of the device is to "pick up" energy from the air.

Also I don't see anything in the OP about a radioactive source. In the source I posted, they mention a variation of the device in the OP that can be used with a radioactive source, so it's not really the same thing. They have a separate diagram for the device with the radioactive source of 1 gram of radium. At least with that version, I can understand where the alpha particles are coming from. I can't imagine you'd get much power from one gram of radium. It would probably be safer to use batteries.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

If you take a look at Leonardo's drawing's many of his inventions contained deliberate mistakes so that another could not use them such as the opposing crank shafts in his famous siege tank, Now other inventors are no different, if they believe there idea's could be poached they sometimes would make there plans in a kind of code with errors or even substituted symbols to prevent it being used or developed by there rivals, now we know TESLA was a genius, indeed the US patent office still has some of his patents under lock and key as they were of national security interest But I can not see how this device would work unless the coils suggest a thermocouple type reaction but you would need a furnace or heat source at another point so this plan may be deliberately incomplete.

It is possible to take passive electricity from the air in the form of radio wave havesting where by a series of large area antenna with varying lengths could intercept differing wavelengths of radio frequency energy and even natural radio waves could be harvested in this way (though you would need one hell of an antenna array) and to power your device in this fashion indeed early wireless radio sets often had no wall socket or battery just a very long radio antenna and had to be in close proximity to the radio transmitter to make them work, but they only produced a small trickle of current and the user had to use headphone's.

This if it is one of TESLA's designs is in code or deliberatly obscure but I truly wish it was that simple.

edit on 28-1-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Why would ionizing air cause the device to emit helium nuclei? You can't just pull helium out of your Tesla.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

LABTECH767
This if it is one of TESLA's designs is in code or deliberatly obscure but I truly wish it was that simple.

This isn't one of Tesla's designs. Every crank in the world plasters Tesla's name on his crankery to give it that air of legitimacy. It's sort of like Godwin's Law, every crank will eventually appeal to Tesla.

At any rate, what it looks like is a total nincompoopery version of an MHD generator.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Phage

Heh, as part of that same experiment I burned a couple of dings into the chrome ring around my bathroom sink. I was sure I was going to get busted big time but never heard about it. My eldest brother lives in that house now. Marks are still there.

Fun with electrons. Or were they beta rays?

They were obviously "volt waves."
You want to know why I think this device has not been built? Because the majority of people with the knowledge and skills to do it also have enough knowledge to realize it wouldn't work. Well, that goes for most of these crazy "free energy" devices, or other 'miracle" devices. From what I can tell this device seems like it might do something, but I am skeptical of even that. I think that one would find, if they built it, that the output they would be getting would not exceed that of the power they were putting into it in the first place. And if that is the case, what is the point?

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Yea, I read in Russia they have these kind of energy co-opt, they have large copper conductors buried in the ground, this produces enough electric for their home with a little left over for their neighbor if is needed, these are suppose to get current from the earth's rotation, I think that it needs a north, south orientation for it to work.
I was interest in how much copper is needed, but electricity is all over the place, like in high power lines that are dead, can produce enough electricity to kill a worker if not discharged. This is caused by the wind causing the wire to move up and down in relation to the Earth's magnetic field, thus acting like a generator.

Tesla made a generator that would produce current right from dead air, a ground in to the Earth and a discharge switch connected to a capacitor. I was interested in making one of these the higher,taller, input antenna you have the higher voltage could be produced. This is along line of free energy threw air, with out any wires. The Ionosphere is full of free electricity, that is where Haarp's antenna array, pumps the juice from the natural gas fired generator in Alaska. It' also what cause the tether incident with the space shuttle, they thought they could generate electricity by dropping the tether threw the Ionosphere, boy did they.
edit on 28-1-2014 by OOOOOO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

JiggyPotamus
They were obviously "volt waves."
You want to know why I think this device has not been built? Because the majority of people with the knowledge and skills to do it also have enough knowledge to realize it wouldn't work. Well, that goes for most of these crazy "free energy" devices, or other 'miracle" devices.
You're right about the majority. Then there's the minority who actually do build non-working contraptions. When they finally realize this won't work, they should convert it into a museum, as a testament to, I don't know, maybe getting a better education before spending a lot of money on something that educated people know won't work:

RAR Energia Ltda Gravity Motor

They could have built the machine in a computer simulation and predicted its output from that...which would have been a lot cheaper.

From what I can tell this device seems like it might do something, but I am skeptical of even that. I think that one would find, if they built it, that the output they would be getting would not exceed that of the power they were putting into it in the first place. And if that is the case, what is the point?
The version with the 1 gram of radium source with enough tweaking might be able to extract a tiny amount of power from the radium, enough to run a digital watch or if you're really lucky maybe a small radio, though even that is doubtful. You can run a crystal radio with no power at all so I wouldn't mess with radium to power a radio.

But the version in the OP with no radioactive source is first of all not even well enough defined to build, but secondly no matter what assumptions you make for the undefined parts I don't see how it will do anything useful, and I couldn't find any evidence anybody had ever built one.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by OOOOOO

Very interesting, I always thought of how little we would interfere due to the immense amount of energy in the earth's electro magnetic field and realized with the advent of superconductors we could in theory devise a method of harvesting it, At various altitudes a set of angled circular conductor's would be place on high towers getting larger and slightly thinner ,with alternating towers intersecting them with reversed thinner but larger cicumference ring's moving to smaller ones at the bottom (so the inducive flow would be passed down the structure to the base station (the ratio of the distance between them would have to be worked out on the relative magnetism generated by the electron flow) as they moved down to the ground the best place for the harvesting would be at the pole's, then the conductor ring's which would be closed loops to allow free flow of electrons under magnetic inductance would be placed next to more ring's which would have induced reversed electron flow, the loss would be reduced due to superconductance and at the ground stations it could be easily distributed via a variety of method's, Imagine a city on a large scale built around this method with a giant superconducting ring to convey the current, it would of course take on the form of a circle or even concentric circles if the generations source was at it's centre.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
When I read this I had to question myself if I studied engineering or some other stuff... so many errors in this post, that I really questioned myself, because why would somebody post something like this without checking the facts?
But then again, I should never expect a forum like ATS to get the simplest basic facts straight when talking about devices, tesla and all the technology.
Some people here have the knowledge and some don't, so I wonder why always the people post a thread about some devices that don't know anything about that stuff.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

You are right this gravity engine like all PERPETUAL motion machines can simply not work. However as I just pointed out there is an abundance of natural energy that would put all out production to shame and we are too simple minded, short lived and self centred as a species to harness it for the greater good.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
OP can we see your working model perhaps?

Second.
edit on 28-1-2014 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

OOOOOO
Yea, I read in Russia they have these kind of energy co-opt, they have large copper conductors buried in the ground, this produces enough electric for their home with a little left over for their neighbor if is needed, these are suppose to get current from the earth's rotation, I think that it needs a north, south orientation for it to work.

Your source for that is......

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

Not Tesla's name this the patent, however his Apparatus for the utilization of radiant energy was cited.

Apparatus for converting radio frequency energy to direct current

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

LABTECH767
You are right this gravity engine like all PERPETUAL motion machines can simply not work. However as I just pointed out there is an abundance of natural energy that would put all out production to shame and we are too simple minded, short lived and self centred as a species to harness it for the greater good.
Your creative thinking is appreciated, however from a practical engineering standpoint, there are many problems with what you propose.

I'll just mention one hurdle among many, the ever elusive search for "room temperature" superconductors; we haven't found any yet, not from a lack of trying. And when superconductors we currently have require lots of energy to maintain the low temperature that superconductors require, I think you'll find using superconductors is not so economical.

There is no shortage of other ideas too, like harnessing electricity from lighting in places that get a lot of lightning, putting solar collectors in orbit, etc etc, which someday may reach a point of economic viability, but at current energy price levels, these proposals are not economically viable, when you take the proposed engineering designs and run the numbers. However, as energy prices continue to rise, eventually some of these alternatives will become economically viable.

With your proposal however I think there may be challenges beyond economics, like materials limitations, a problem that plagues proposed designs for a space elevator, which potentially could harness some energy in addition to providing a space launch platform.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join