It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CO high school student sets himself on fire in Cafeteria

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
It may not be a matter of shooting who you feel has harmed you in some way and then shooting yourself... but its the same mindset IMO. He doused himself and set himself on fire " look what YOU made me do" sort of thing.
School shooters and kids like this are damaged, weak, egotistical snowflakes... usually medicated at the time or immediately prior. Their problem isnt a chemistry one needing pills, its a "soul" or ego problem. I guess if you have parents, tv, school, govt convincing you that youre a victim of one sort or another from the cradle, some might end up believing it. Or theyre just asshats having a tantrum and cant figure out that death is permanent.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Hoosierdaddy71
Antidepressant medication. Just a guess but most of the shooters are on them. Might be a connection.

How about....

The idea that this person was obviously depressed in the first place.

How about....

The idea that there is still an amazingly strong and odious social stigma associated with having "mental health problems" and perhaps he or his parents didn't go to full lengths to get this person the help they needed?

How about....

There were adults in this persons life who knew something was wrong, and in the years that he planned this act, never stood up for him to get him the help he needed?

How about....

The idea that we live in a world where things can get SO bad that this is how a young person decides to end it all?

And in my mind, the very thought that someone who self-immolated was "saved"....is sadistic as all hell. The pain from living with the scar tissue after such burns is hellish from what I've read and been told. IMHO, if you see someone has set themselves on fire, let them die. Saving them isn't going to help things.

Now, as for anti-depressants, I do think there can be a problem with them. They are often prescribed by your regular Doctor, and not a Psychiatrist. When the regular Doctor hears that you are not responding as they'd hoped to the given dosage, they simply increase the dosage. SSRI's, such as Paxil, when given in an outrageous dosage, can cause a "dissociative state", make you feel as if the world you are in is not real, and reportedly make life feel like a video game, among other things.

Now, for public disclosure, I am on an SNRI, which is a more advanced offshoot of an SSRI, and I can honestly say that on the standard dosage, I feel a benefit from this medication in my life.

However, over-dosage, can lead to problems.

If you truly want to start connecting dots..I think you need to look beyond the obvious one of anti-depressant usage, and instead, look at the involvement of gov't agencies with psychiatric programs, or of individuals that are being manipulated while on such medications due to disorders, certain gov't groups being aware of this, and involvement in efforts led by DARPA.

The Aurora County shooter in Colorado from the movie theater shooting. He was on a rather high dosage of Paxil. He was under Psychiatric care. His father had CIA connections, and he himself was participating in a DARPA funded project at UDC while studying He suddenly stopped taking his meds. This is NOT a good idea. It has known side effects. His psychiatrist knew that he was absent from several planned therapy sessions, and alerted nobody.

I think there was something more concerning afoot here than just the use of an SSRI.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

My definition of anomaly is the standard definition.

Kids in the US aren't prone to just setting themselves on fire. It's rare; therefore, it's an anomaly.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   

edit on 2-3-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I wonder if he wished he hadn't of done that after his flesh started to draw up and fall off of his body? If he survived he probably has some nasty scars left behind with a free ticket to a mental hospital. I don't know if it's society, world population, selfishness, or if kids are just getting more stupid. Either way, we need to put a stop to it. It's a shame when kids have to watch their back in school like a prisoner does. Thank God he didn't hurt anyone else. My heart goes out to the school, family, friends, and classmates of this kid.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Is he not a free soul, or what? Let him burn, not a big deal. Anyway it cant burn twice...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join