It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Poster but I've lingered around for a while but now I need your help

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Hello all you ATS'ers.
Quick introduction, I work for a corrupt, state run agency and can no longer morally or ethically continue to work there but at the same time cannot afford to not work there. I truly believe that if I can get the information to the right people the department will be shutdown or reformed. This job was originally taken as I thought it would be a stepping stone into the agency I want but thanks to the corruption feel I may be black balled for publicly bringing this to the light and going to the News. Any suggestions would be nice and appreciated.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Sounds like u r in a messed up position...
Make sure ur evidence is send to multiple sources and watch your back!

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I always use the old adage. Cover your a$$! That one will never fail you. Hope everything turns out well.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by monsterdeadish

(Bernard? Is that you?)

If not, welcome to ATS, monsterdeadish. How long have you been lurking?
What do you think ATS can do to help you?

What type of "state agency" are you privy to?

edit on 1/27/14 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Hoosierdaddy71

frie

Welcome to the site my friend, nice little intro youve done.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
In my experience the corruption goes all the way to the top of the chain. Be careful where you tread, chances are those lower down are the minions of those higher up.

If it truly is some 'isolated' corruption then exposing them to the world should be fine but if it goes further it is a chance you take.

Remember that which you see on the surface isn't always the same as that which is behind the screens, who knows who is in whose pockets etc and or in certain corrupt organisations.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Judging by your name you're from the State I work for. Being an ATS"er do you have any connections that may help me contact anyone that could help in this kind of situation?

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

1st and foremost. Dont go to the news. Not until you have some other employment. And make absolutely sure youre going to be able to handle the repercussions by that company, who they know, what they can do to you, your future, your family etc.

Sometimes...doing the right thing, can absolutely turn out to be the worng thing in the end
This is wht they mean when they say to always "Pick your battles". The ones you are willing to fight for, lose sleep over, and maybe future employement over, and ruin your entire life.

Not to say...and I want to clarify here...NOT TO SAY...what you are attempting isnt valid, worthy and needing to be done to make it known to the world. To make this company suffer or at least be held accountable for their actions or lack of....make absolutely sure you can take the heat. And that could border on retribution, black-balling-youll-never-work-in-this-industry-again, ruin and all kinds of bad things.

Or course, it may very well be the right thing to do with you being the one to do it. But be absolutely positive disclosing their practices is what you want to do no matter how it may afect you, your career and family.

Good luck and God's Grace to you....MS

edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: spl ck

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

So trying for a B line to our Governor may not do any good...any other options seeing as how the noisier approach will essentially put me out of working in the field I love.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Nope, not Bernard, and I'm not quite ready to disclose what agency I work for. Just testing the waters if you would.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Perhaps do some research into the company, the people involved higher up, those in direct chain of command to your post and CEO'S etc, all the way to how the Governor and any other higher ranking officials could have involvement.

Remember, tarnishing those in lower ranks could expose corruption that tarnishes those in the upper ranks with public profiles backed by organisations and governing authorities that would prefer cover ups for the sake of saving face than admitting the truth.

Also consider if the corruption is limited to local, or if it's national, could all branches be doing the same, or even international, is it tied to international relations, trade with other nations etc. there is a lot to consider.

When the stakes are higher the cover up will be matched to it's perceived 'importance'.
edit on 27-1-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

If I was in your situation I think I would try Sibel Edmonds .....If not directly then I would seek out from her site how to protect yourself and who you may get ahold of ....peace

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Bring WHAT to the news ? Be it messianic or mundane... bring it on.

I have been corporate and destitute... and corporate again. Now I'm happily destitute again. Looking back, I didn't think it was ' gutsy ' , I thought it was necessary to ' leave '. Funny how people think it takes balls to drop out...or, signup.

I still don't know how do stuff like link, so look up ' the richest man in Babylon ' on google. The story isn't anything but a parable, but I remember the concept: ' save 10% every week...you will always spend your paycheck ( or someone may help and encourage ) every week, whether 10% is missing or not. I grossly paraphrase. If you change things, it will be fine.

But, don't make threats, we're no standing on a bridge... just a crossroads. Good luck.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I know some people on the local level, and one at state level. I went to high school with the district 52 state house rep.
His name is ben smaltz. He has always been an honest guy with strong ties to his community. Good god that sounded like a campaign ad.. I'm sure if you email him your contact info he will get back with you. Thats about all I can help you.

His link is below.. Good luck

www.in.gov...

P.s. He hasn't been in the Capitol long enough to be corrupted yet,, lol
edit on 27-1-2014 by Hoosierdaddy71 because: Add info

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Awesome, Thank you.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

mysterioustranger

1st and foremost. Dont go to the news. Not until you have some other employment. And make absolutely sure youre going to be able to handle the repercussions by that company, who they know, what they can do to you, your future, your family etc.

Sometimes...doing the right thing, can absolutely turn out to be the worng thing in the end
This is wht they mean when they say to always "Pick your battles". The ones you are willing to fight for, lose sleep over, and maybe future employement over, and ruin your entire life.

Not to say...and I want to clarify here...NOT TO SAY...what you are attempting isnt valid, worthy and needing to be done to make it known to the world. To make this company suffer or at least be held accountable for their actions or lack of....make absolutely sure you can take the heat. And that could border on retribution, black-balling-youll-never-work-in-this-industry-again, ruin and all kinds of bad things.

Or course, it may very well be the right thing to do with you being the one to do it. But be absolutely positive disclosing their practices is what you want to do no matter how it may afect you, your career and family.

Good luck and God's Grace to you....MS

edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: spl ck

excellent advice ..

I would completely agree.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS. If the corruption is harming others who cannot defend themselves I think you should begin planning a course of action. You can always report anonymously. You may love the field now but will learn to hate it if your seeing unethical behavior and feel powerless to stop it. This is your life - what do you want the quality of it to look like? It could very well be that its just a few people up the chain. I doubt it goes all the way to the top.

I once complained that the head honcho of the country attorneys office failed to represent his clients fairly and impartially - didn't fight as hard (a friend of mine was represented with complete disregard for basic arguments and I found out this public defender - who was at the top of the chain locally - had done this with many people). Anyway - I was too young and naive to know this is common practice so I put in a complaint with the governor. Afterward it hit the papers and reprimands were handed out. I was blown away that they followed up but also wonder how many people were represented with a bit more gusto for awhile after that. Now - today I might not do that but I "just did it" back then.

If my paycheck were on the line - I would wait until finding another job and ask for a letter of reference in the meanwhile. They will want to know why you want one so your going to have to stoop to lying in this case. Just tell them it's for a part time job your looking for to supplement income on the weekends or - to be accepted at a college that you want to attend part time to get another degree, a certificate, etc.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Leak the info and have the leak trace back to your boss.
mail copies of files to east and west coast news agencies.
Press release style.
Then sit back and watch the poopstorm

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Dianec
Welcome to ATS. If the corruption is harming others who cannot defend themselves I think you should begin planning a course of action. You can always report anonymously. You may love the field now but will learn to hate it if your seeing unethical behavior and feel powerless to stop it. This is your life - what do you want the quality of it to look like? It could very well be that its just a few people up the chain. I doubt it goes all the way to the top.

I once complained that the head honcho of the country attorneys office failed to represent his clients fairly and impartially - didn't fight as hard (a friend of mine was represented with complete disregard for basic arguments and I found out this public defender - who was at the top of the chain locally - had done this with many people). Anyway - I was too young and naive to know this is common practice so I put in a complaint with the governor. Afterward it hit the papers and reprimands were handed out. I was blown away that they followed up but also wonder how many people were represented with a bit more gusto for awhile after that. Now - today I might not do that but I "just did it" back then.

If my paycheck were on the line - I would wait until finding another job and ask for a letter of reference in the meanwhile. They will want to know why you want one so your going to have to stoop to lying in this case. Just tell them it's for a part time job your looking for to supplement income on the weekends or - to be accepted at a college that you want to attend part time to get another degree, a certificate, etc.

Letter of reference idea is brilliant!

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

We have to really admire the fortitude of the OP here. That says a lot about his character. But by warning him to think through all the consequences...long term...that maybe he didnt think about...is our duty as a FORUM-whole...to advise him. And wish him well.

He is showing a lot of dedication and courage here. And that is admirable.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join