It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tempio di Salomone

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Saurus

There has always been women healers, herbalists and those who practiced magic in Ireland but that is not what constitutes a Druid who underwent an organised system of training and initiation and was recognised by each other.

In modern times there is no reason why an arch druid could be a female but I don't think I have ever read about a female arch druid in antiquity, Also we have to understand that modern Druidery is an attempt to recreate something ancient with very limited records of the actual traditions.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by WilsonWilson

Apart from masons in modern times none of the secret society's keep women out, and then there are a few female only secret societys also

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

LUXUS
reply to post by Fitzgibbon

So your a 3rd degree mason, something someone can obtain in 3 months

Clearly you missed (intentionally or otherwise) the Master of the lodge reference. In my case, add 8 years additional commitment to get where I am. You're also missing the point that if a 33rd ° Mason from my lodge fell behind in his dues or otherwise exposed himself to ejection from the fraternity, t'would be little ol' 3° me who'd institute the processes that would have him ejected from the appendant bodies and he'd no longer be a Mason at all. Clear enough?

So what's this malarky about high-level/low-level?

Fitz

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Fitzgibbon

Rank is of no interest to me, you commented earlier that I have little knowledge which is rich coming from someone who has only contemplated the masonic rites up to the 3rd degree. What happens on initiation night if it is above 3rd degree, does the master of the lodge have to leave because he is not qualified to witness initiation above 3 degree?

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   

LUXUS
What happens on initiation night if it is above 3rd degree, does the master of the lodge have to leave because he is not qualified to witness initiation above 3 degree?

No - degrees above the third are not done in regular Freemasonry. If for example, I want to do the 18th degree, I join the Rose Croix Order and then do the degree on the night I join.

So if a Master joins the Knights Templar, then simply by joining, he would have done the Degree on the night he joined the Order. If he hasn't joined the Order, he would not be present in the first place.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   

LUXUS
What happens on initiation night if it is above 3rd degree, does the master of the lodge have to leave because he is not qualified to witness initiation above 3 degree?

In US Craft masonry, all lodge business is conducted in the third degree. Degree work can be done in the degree appropriate to the work. But in craft masonry there is nothing more than the third degree. Since the Scottish Rite is a side order of craft masonry, it's meetings are completely separate and have no bearing on regular craft masonry.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   

LUXUS

This is the problem, you condescend anyone who makes a point you happen to disagree with yet do not even know how a typical lodge meeting functions.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

It would seam you hold structure above substance, why do you insist on talking about structure when I am talking about substance

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Annunak1
What was in Solomons temple......?

I know, I know! Air.

Prove me wrong...

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

LUXUS
It would seam you hold structure above substance, why do you insist on talking about structure when I am talking about substance

You have no clue what I am talking about as you have no clue what you are talking about. You have been repeatedly corrected by several Masons on what we each are practicing and experiencing in our various lodges and yet you stubbornly refuse to see that what your perceptions of Masonry happen to be are not uniform for every Mason.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Oh on the contrary I have the greatest belief that masons are speaking the truth when they say they have no secrets!

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

LUXUS
Oh on the contrary I have the greatest belief that masons are speaking the truth when they say they have no secrets!

I was not refering to that but a greater invlovement in some lodges with esoteria.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

But as you said this esoterica is being introduced from outside, making new degrees so obviously it was lacking before.

I'm fairly confident that if tomorrow I decided to join the masons and 3-5 month later got my 3rd degree master mason status I would not have gained anything in terms of esoterica.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

LUXUS
I'm fairly confident that if tomorrow I decided to join the masons and 3-5 month later got my 3rd degree master mason status I would not have gained anything in terms of esoterica.

And I am fairly confident that if you joined my lodge you would be wrong.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

LUXUS

That attitude makes me smile. I suppose since I know some things about the Rosicrucians, that I wouldn't learn anything if I joined it either. After all, all mystery schools are the same and teach the same stuff.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
"The Omnific Word traced by Enoch on the two deltas of purest gold, on which he engraved two of the mysterious characters, is perhaps be t- ter kn own to the poor, uneducated “ heathen ” than to the highly accomplished Grand High Priests and Grand Z . ’ s of the Supreme Chapters of Europe and America . O n- ly why the companions of the Royal Arch should so bitterly and constantly lament its loss, is more tha n we can understand . This word of master mason. is, as they will tell the m- selves, entirely composed of consonants . Hence, we doubt whether any of them could ever have mastered its pronunciation, had it even been “ brought to light from the s e- cret vault, ” instead of its several corruptions "

Well said, and I very much doubt it too!

edit on 5-2-2014 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

LUXUS
"The Omnific Word traced by Enoch on the two deltas of purest gold, on which he engraved two of the mysterious characters, is perhaps be t- ter kn own to the poor, uneducated “ heathen ” than to the highly accomplished Grand High Priests and Grand Z . ’ s of the Supreme Chapters of Europe and America . O n- ly why the companions of the Royal Arch should so bitterly and constantly lament its loss, is more tha n we can understand . This word of master mason. is, as they will tell the m- selves, entirely composed of consonants . Hence, we doubt whether any of them could ever have mastered its pronunciation, had it even been “ brought to light from the s e- cret vault, ” instead of its several corruptions "

Well said, and I very much doubt it too!

edit on 5-2-2014 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

I'm not sure where your quote comes from, but it is filled with errors.

I happen to be Z in the Royal Arch at the moment, and I can guarantee you that the Word does not consist only of consonants.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Saurus

OK, how many letters does it consist of?

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   

LUXUS
reply to post by Saurus

OK, how many letters does it consist of?

Sorry - that's more than I'm prepared to reveal.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

CIAGypsy
reply to post by jaytay

No, they are not the same...nor are they all similar. That's like saying "are all the animals in the zoo similar?"

Why don't you be more specific if you have questions about specific organizations?

All the animals in the zoo ARE similar.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join