It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tempio di Salomone

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   

CIAGypsy

network dude
reply to post by LUXUS

So all the mystery schools taught the same stuff?

I can only speak to that which I know personally, so take it for what it is worth. I have belonged to three Rosicrucian orders - one in Europe and two in the US. I am also a practicing Hermetic Qabalist. Outside of that, I have intimately studied other streams of wisdom including (but not limited to) Sufi , Chaos, left hand path, Sumerian, Vedic, and Celtic schools.

While there are definitive correspondences, I would say these these schools are NOT all taught the same information, nor do they serve the same purposes.

Many of the schools you have mentioned are new for example: Celtic schools do not follow the same traditions as the original Druids and in my opinion are way off the mark in their interpretation of what the druids were about.

Chaos and chaos magic is new

Many of these Qabalistic schools do not teach the real teachings, actually real Quababala is not taught openly.

I was a member of the RC myself and they have no connection to the older brothers of the RC

There are many "hermetic" schools that dont even know the basics of alchemy yet they have a school

In the ancient world there most schools concentrated in one of just a few subjects and therefore their teachings were more or less similar at their root.

Alchemy, metallurgy, herbology

Magic, astronomy

Geometry, music

Kabbalah

Other then the above there wasn't much more involved.
edit on 1-2-2014 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

You are making a LOT of assumptions and have no idea who you are talking to....

For example, I have a great+ grandmother who was accused, tried, convicted, and pardoned of being a "witch" on two continents in the 16th century. While some of the accusations were politically motivated due to her status, she truly DID practice Druidic magick. I have some of her books and correspondences. So...when I say I have studied the Celtic wisdom, I am not talking about modern day books or information.

Same could be said about the other things I've said too....Just last week, I received a copy of an unpublished rare document written in Hebrew by a German monk about middle eastern magick.

So don't assume, please.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by CIAGypsy

I have Irish family and what your talking "witchcraft" we call pishogues, it has nothing to do with the druids and is not older then the 15-16 century.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

LUXUS

I have Irish family and what your talking "witchcraft" we call pishogues, it has nothing to do with the druids and is not older then the 15-16 century.

I never said it was "witchcraft." I said she was accused, tried, and convicted of being a witch. But there is a drastic difference between who and what she was (and practiced) and the middle age definition of "witchcraft"

ETA - btw, she wasn't Irish. She was a British noble.
edit on 1-2-2014 by CIAGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   

I assumed because you said "Celtic" she must have been Irish, Scottish or Welsh...the British are not Celtic

Ultimately I am not wrong when I say she was not carrying "drudic" knowledge, the British druids died even earlier then the Irish/ Scottish ones and even they (my people) state they have little left of their knowledge.

Btw If I was to ask you what the nine nuts of knowledge were would you be able to answer it? now we are talking druidic knowledge!

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Very nice. Thanks for posting this, OP. Also, thanks for the high-res version.

F&S from me

-MM

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

LUXUS

Ultimately I am not wrong when I say she was not carrying "drudic" knowledge, the British druids died even earlier then the Irish/ Scottish ones and even they (my people) state they have little left of their knowledge.

Again, your presumption and arrogance are really annoying and off-base. I gather you are one of those types who think they know it all, but when faced with someone whose reality shows you are wrong, you deny their reality in order to maintain your own image of yourself instead of admitting that you may actually NOT know everything.

In truth, the British druids did NOT die off... Yes, they were forced into hiding...especially given the climate within the Kingdom after Henry VIII broke from the Catholic Church. With my grandmother's status as a noble, she was particularly targeted. Luckily Mary wasn't one to execute nobility unless she absolutely had to.... Besides, my grandmother was not a threat to her throne the way Elizabeth and Mary Tudor were.... Regardless, British Druids managed to keep their heritage by coding their knowledge and practices. Not much different then Kabbalists, Gnostics, Hermeticists, etc had to given the religious intolerance of the era.

LUXUS
Btw If I was to ask you what the nine nuts of knowledge were would you be able to answer it? now we are talking druidic knowledge!

Given your Irish proclivities, I would assume you are talking about the nine hazel trees which dropped their nuts into the Well of Wisdom. However, to me....this story carries for more significance than the general story. Again, coded wisdom. Why nine? What are they symbolic of? Why into the well? why the Salmon, in particular?

These all have coded meaning....but I don't share these secrets with the mundane.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Sorry but I don't believe in what your saying, every historian and even the various Druid orders in the UK all say with one voice that the drudic teachings were lost. You stating that they were handed down to you is something most people would find difficult to believe in and it does not make me arrogant to doubt it. To test this you might like to contact someone who specializes in drudic history and tell them you are in possession of the genuine teachings of the ancient druids....see how they respond to you, you will then have to label them as arrogant too!

How did a woman get her hands on drudic teachings anyway, the druids like masons were a male dominated order

edit on 2-2-2014 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

AugustusMasonicus

LUXUS
These extra initiations you are creating are intended to be taken when, effectively creating more initiation rituals will produce more degrees of initiation (more then 32)

These rituals have nothing to do with the Scottish Rite and have no relevance to any degree number.

Luxus clearly doesn't have a clue the sort of challenges that, as Master of my Lodge and 'only' having attained the 3rd degree, I could visit on a Scottish (or York) Rite member who acted in such a manner as to have earned ejection from a 'lowly' Craft lodge.

Methinks his lack of actual understanding clouds his ability to parse the reality of Masonry.

Fitz

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

LUXUS
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Many of the rituals are now out in the open so I am free to examine them and determine their content. I am also free to examine older rituals of operative masonry and observe if something has been removed.

You are although I'd suggest that your researches may yield this sort of quality of 'understanding'.

You may have the words but the phrase is still gibberish without informed instruction

HTH
Fitz

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

AugustusMasonicus

LUXUS
Many of the rituals are now out in the open so I am free to examine them and determine their content. I am also free to examine older rituals of operative masonry and observe if something has been removed.

The rituals we are using are not published nor do I think they will be in the near future.

In fairness, that isn't necessarily correct for every jurisdiction. That said, I can't imagine any jurisdiction publishing the ritual fully in the clear.

Fitz

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Fitzgibbon

AugustusMasonicus

LUXUS
These extra initiations you are creating are intended to be taken when, effectively creating more initiation rituals will produce more degrees of initiation (more then 32)

These rituals have nothing to do with the Scottish Rite and have no relevance to any degree number.

Luxus clearly doesn't have a clue the sort of challenges that, as Master of my Lodge and 'only' having attained the 3rd degree, I could visit on a Scottish (or York) Rite member who acted in such a manner as to have earned ejection from a 'lowly' Craft lodge.

Methinks his lack of actual understanding clouds his ability to parse the reality of Masonry.

Fitz

I think in the end two for i to that would meant that one, if not why understand going from start!

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Fitzgibbon

LUXUS

You are although I'd suggest that your researches may yield this sort of quality of 'understanding'.

You may have the words but the phrase is still gibberish without informed instruction

HTH
Fitz

Dream on Yoda, I know more then you will ever know, now go polish your regalia

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

LUXUS

Fitzgibbon

LUXUS

HTH
Fitz

Dream on Yoda, I know more then you will ever know, now go polish your regalia

No. In Masonry, you perfect the ashlar not polish the regalia

HTH
Fitz

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

LUXUS

How did a woman get her hands on drudic teachings anyway, the druids like masons were a male dominated order.

Are you serious?

Have you read any Celtic literature?

Conchobor Mac Nessa’s mother Nessa was a druid. Finn was raised by a female druid. Scathach is referred to in literature as a flaith, a “prophetess,” and a druid.

The Celtic texts are full of Ban-Draoithe!!

edit on 2/2/2014 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Fitzgibbon

So your a 3rd degree mason, something someone can obtain in 3 months

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

LUXUS

So your a 3rd degree mason, something someone can obtain in 3 months

In some constitutions, you can become a 32° Mason in 6 months!!

More importantly, he has been through the Chair of his Lodge which takes an absolute minimum of 8 years, usually many, many more.

edit on 2/2/2014 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Saurus

In Irish culture you have probably given the only two female druids ever spoken of in all the text so please don't try to promote this idea that female druids was a common thing.

In Ireland there were two types of druids the ones who were attached to the kings court and attended a druidic center of learning with established grades etc and the other group were "free" druids who were not attached to the royal court, were not recognized as druids by those who were and did not attend the druidic centers of learning

The two cases you gave may be of the latter type but one thing for sure there were very few Female druids in Ireland

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

For hundreds of years, it has been a cultural thing to not speak of women in high/important places.
I am convinced that even though there may be few mentioned in texts, there was no shortage of female druids.

Wicca is another example - the history of Wicca features predominantly males, although this in no way depicts the truth.

Just on a side note, in my district, the current District Grand Archdruid is a woman.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Saurus

I find it a bit creepy all this keeping women out of secret societies. Nothing good comes from such ideas. What kind of societies were women part of? Can someone give me a starting point maybe a good thread on here?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join