It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where did all this wet stuff come from?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

You don't take rebuttals into account. Not that rebuttals make any sort of a difference judging by your past here, so why pretend they matter? the thread is a joke and will be treated as such.

Am I supposed to be sorry if the OP displeases you? I knew it would. That isn't my fault.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I absolutely know in my gut, science is wrong

That is consistent with what guts are usually filled with......

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

randyvs
reply to post by paradox

You don't take rebuttals into account. Not that rebuttals make any sort of a difference judging by your past here, so why pretend they matter? the thread is a joke and will be treated as such.

Am I supposed to be sorry if the OP displeases you? I knew it would. That isn't my fault.

It's not your fault that you intentionally troll?

If you would like to have a circlejerk with a bunch of bible freaks, there's plenty of Christian forums out there. Otherwise, don't come here and ask questions in thread titles that you have already decided your answer to. In fact, if you have no thirst for knowledge, don't post here at all. All the answers are in your bible, right?
edit on 1-27-14 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Well since none of you have bothered to ask the right question.
I'll go ahead and clear it up for you any way. Check the link.

And please rell me what a pathetic troll I am some more?

edit on 27-1-2014 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Yep, earth has been around 4.54 billion years. We've been around a minute fraction of that. Oldest fossil of basic life is 3million or so years, that's 1.54 billion years to procure that water. Considering humans haven't even been around a minute fraction of that time before life.

I'm sorry, just the way it works out man. Science does not agree with religion, religion does not agree with science.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

No, science does not say that. There is enough water to cover the surface of the Earth. Completely given the right circumstances. How ever there is very literal Water by volume compared to the earth, and even lest "crust"(the earth which we walk) then either of those.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

And yet another reference that has nothing to do with your OP. And more backtracking and moving the goal posts. Sad.

Where did all this wet stuff come from?

I guess from the corner of your mouth perhaps?

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ProdigalSonofa

Just as I figured from the beginning. You have no argument.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Can you explain how your link ties into your OP?

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

No, science does not say that

Well where did I ever get the idea?
Surely many scientists hold to this view. And I just don't see it. How can they and still call themselves men of science?

Here's just one snip.

In order to even entertain the possibility of a worldwide flood, one has to bypass all laws of physics, exit the realm of science, and enter into the realm of the miraculous, which many believers are willing to do.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Okay, Randy's I'll entertain you. So let's say miraculously water appeared, more so than we have now, in such a fashion that it shattered the laws of physics for a global flood as only holy texts ever describe.

Where did all that extra water for the whole world go? Keep in mind the same people who wrote those holy text thought the earth was flat, that the sun rotated around the eart, and the whole world didn't extend past the gates of hercules.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Here is a video which took me less than half a minute to search for and find on Youtube which quite adequately both demonstrates and explains how not only planet Earth was formed, but indeed also where all the "wet stuff" came from.

National Geographic: The Story of Earth

But, if you happen to be unable to watch the video at the moment and/or would rather read how it happened; I will supply you with a simplified version of the scientific explanation.

Before the solar system had formed into its current state there were no planets and no moons, only the sun and a giant cloud of dust containing the different elements of the periodical table which was the result of the supernova which gave birth to our current sun.
While this "dust cloud" orbited the sun, the dust stuck together and formed small rocks, which collided with each other and formed bigger rocks, which in turn collided with one another and formed even bigger rocks (also known as asteroids) and they in turn collided and began to form small planets which as a result of their mass and gravity got bombarded by "space-rocks". Ultimately, over the course of a very long time, most of the dust cloud had accumulated into the celestial bodies that we have in our solar system today and thus the Earth was born.
However, the Earth was basically a giant ball of lava as it had not yet cooled but as time progressed and it slowly but certainly got cooler and cooler, the ice that were contained in the asteroids (because it is quite cold out there in space) that still were bombarding the planet constantly finally didn't instantly melt into water and vaporize, as the temperature got closer and closer to where water can exist in a liquid state.
As puddles grew and turned into lakes, and the lakes grew and turned into oceans, so did the water vapor rise and create clouds which again cooled the vapor and poured the water back unto the surface of the Earth (this phenomena is called "rain"). Which means that whatever water arrived, no water ever escaped and thus over the course of millions and millions of years the wet, pale blue dot that we exist on today was what it is now, as the volume of water on the planet kept increasing.

And that is where (at least most of) the "wet stuff" came from.

Oh, I might I add that you really should research why a global flood would have been impossible as described in the Bible. It might do you well to understand why this would be that case, considering that if it actually had happened, you and no other complex life-form would still be here.

edit on 28-1-2014 by ABeing because: fixed the youtube-link

edit on 28-1-2014 by ABeing because: apparently didn't fix the link, so I fixed the fix.

edit on 28-1-2014 by ABeing because: Added paragraph

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

Oh, I might I add that you really should research why a global flood would have been impossible as described in the Bible. It might do you well to understand why this would be that case, considering that if it actually had happened, you and no other complex life-form would still be here.

First I think it would be appropriate, for those who have insulted me,
to see and admit that, scientists do postulate exactly as I said they do.
By your own admission.
And thereby confirming at the same time, that I am invoyled in these matters
enough to show, I am competent as per your request. I'm not wrong in anything
i claimed in my opener. It's all legite and written perfectly as a recepticle of
expected hate. And many walked right into it. If trolling is writing around the
expected hate and childlish name calling. Then I'm a little Green Manalishi.

edit on 28-1-2014 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I like the vid. Not a good representation of what's going on here
and completely off topic but that's cool with me peronally. I refuse the
alert button. Perhaps you can revise it with something on topic.
To assure it remains. That would be my advise.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I'm going to leave this link here:

Yes, Noah's Flood May Have Happened, But Not Over the Whole Earth

Though I don't wish to debate with randy in this topic since his OP makes zero sense and he has spent the entire thread trolling the people trying to have a legitimate discussion (yes I read every post in this thread).

Here is another link I'm going to drop here:

How Did Water Come to Earth?

have fun and good day. Can we close this thread now?

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

A decent post any way. But I can't even see what it is that's not
being understood in the OP. I read it back to myself twice now and
I get it. Others have had no problem (beezzer)and seem to get it just fine.
I'm sure if it was just drivel it would have been closed by now. Maybe
I missed something but to me it just seems like semantics.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

A decent post any way. But I can't even see what it is that's not being understood in the OP. I read it back to myself twice now and I get it.

Sigh, off course you "get" the drivel you wrote yourself. I do wonder why you still failed to address the questions about your OP, and weren't able to explain yourself.

Others have had no problem (beezzer)and seem to get it just fine.

Beezer was quite randomly talking about rainfall, probably just humouring you. But is that how it works? Lot's of people say it doesn't make sense and but you only acknowledge the one person that played along?

I'm sure if it was just drivel it would have been closed by now.

Since when does drivel get closed?

Maybe I missed something

Yes, maybe all the on topic questions and explanations you ignored and evaded.

Randy you seem to have totally lost touch.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

What if I just say then, that I don't believe comet strikes and cooling
gases are enough to account for all the wet stuff? Would you be with
me to that point? Would you then be able to see where the link I provided
ties in? What if water in space such as that which is in the link. Why couyldn't
it possibly be the source, for the initial water that was on the earth. And then later
the flood as well?

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Then I would at least understand your exact point.

I don't agree though.

But I think such processes are hard to imagine for us because they happen on such a big scale and in such a large timeframe.

But lets say god created Earth. Where did he get the water from, or the earth and rocks and how did they get here. He just snapped his fingers?

And that would make perfect sense to you as opposed to a natural process based on the laws of physics?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join