It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good afternoon all from the UK

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Hello everyone,

I've been using ATS for quite some time now and even though I'm 21 I do love a good old conspiracy.

I've been interested in many things growing up rather than most youngsters now days going out to party every night (Don't get me wrong I still like to party) but anyhow I have interests in the supernatural, the human body, space/exploration, history (Mayan civilisation) , amongst many other things.

One of the reasons I am here is because ATS covers a whole bunch of topics and you really can learn something new everyday.
I've read many stories in the past on the forums and there really are some incredible people who I wish I could sit by a campfire in the wilderness and listen to all night whilst cooking marshmallows.

I went to school and college(High School) I grew up in a financially difficult situation with my mum being a single parent but I got to where I am now just fine without a father figure in my life. I had to do allot myself and understand the value of money.

I have many ambitions such as travelling the world unfortunately I haven't been abroad before and haven't owned a British passport but that wont stop me, I also would like to have a job where I can work hard, earn allot of money and hopefully pay off the rest of my mothers mortgage. Unfortunately we live in a money world and without it we can't do much.

and yes I'm just another unemployed youth of today but I will get onto that...

I play football(Soccer) and also Chinese boxing &Thai kickboxing, I love anime/manga had a interest since around 14 and I also like to take the occasional walk now and then just to get out of the house I guess.

So yes I do claim benefits whilst looking for a job, beginning of December the company I worked for in London let me go and it was difficult during the Christmas period. Some days I sit here and don't know what to do with myself as its difficult to find job and allot of companies only take on graduates which I am not.
I've been for a few interviews since the New Year and hopefully I get an offer from somewhere so that I can get back into a routine but we shall see.

I don't really know where this post is going Im just writing what I think but I had a question for you guys especially allot of you elders.

During hard times it can be very difficult to pick yourself up and try to take the next step but sometimes this world really does knock you back a few paces when everything seems to be going well.

If you could give one message to the youth today who are in need of a little guidance during difficult times, what would YOUR message be?

Thank you everyone for reading sorry if some of it doesn't make sense but I don't really write too much.
Would be great to hear from anyone and I look forward to all of the discussions on ATS
Any questions are welcome

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Welcome

If you could give one message to the youth today who are in need of a little guidance during difficult times, what would YOUR message be?

Keep it short man

have a free flag from me, don't leave it anywhere ok?

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by samuelh2014

Hi samuel....!

Welcome to the weird and wonderful world that is ATS.. Have a welcome cookie...

Hm being only 23 myself I think my message for youth would be...

Take a moment. Stop or pause no matter what you are doing and just be. No matter for how long 10 seconds 10 minutes. Stopping and pausing is a beautiful thing. Life is so chaotic and fast paced.

Read up about sit spots...! Listen to your environment. See your environment. Feel your environment. You are the universe experiencing itself in human form.

Trust in the universe...

Peace
Fluff

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Hello Samuel2014 and a hearty welcome.

Read what you put about yourself and what I would offer you is to look around with your eyes wide open. If you can't find employment try thinking of something simple that others might be prepared to pay you for' If you can see a service you can offer then try giving it a go.

I put out some packaging recently and a young girl asked me if she could take it away and sell it. She took it to a cattery and they bought it from her for putting into the cages. She is off, having found a special little nook which if she gets more people who want clean packaging means more business for her. Its tiny and simple to start with but acorns grow into oak trees. Good luck.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Welcome!
Hope work wise comes good soon for you and thank you for the description of yourself (next time maybe not too detailed) many on ATS will get a general idea of you over time from your future posts., Im still in my early half of a century so not much more I would probbaly have to offer advice wise.

Have fun and see you around!

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Greetings and welcome, from a fellow Brit!

I know where you are coming from with regard to your circumstances. I suppose the important thing to remember comes in two parts. First off, it is a brutal world, and sometimes all you can do is laugh maniacally while it cuts bits off you. The other thing to remember is, do not, not on pain of death, take any bit of it seriously. The whole way of life we now experience is a farce, none of it works the way it is supposed to.

Lastly, read Douglas Adams' Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy, because there is more truth in that book than can be found in all the courts in the land.

Where the site is concerned, seems like you are an ideal candidate. You are obviously enthusiastic about using this site to learn from, and that is a damned good step to take. Joining here was probably the best choice I ever made on the internet, and I hope you find this place as nourishing as I do!

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Very cool intro !

If you plan on traveling, avoid Montreal in the winter, unless you enjoy Arctic weather. Much nicer in the summer...

As for advice, I would say...adapt. No matter what happens, adapt.

Welcome to ATS !!!

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
welcome matey!

if you want to work hard, make money and travel, have you thought about merchant navy?, its hard work, but if you get on a good large ship, its a good life.
you're only 21, don't be hard on yourself. you can always learn a trade, whatever your age.

good luck in whatever you find to do.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
You should consider playing for the English cricket team, I notice you have no previous history in the sport, no interest,and no listed talent.
That alone puts you on the same level as the players now playing in Australia.

Something to consider anyway

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Uh yeah and welcome

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Greetings Samuel. Good intro!! If you decide you're gonna open a can of whoop-ass, don't lose this.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Indigent thank you for the welcome and dont worry I wont lose the flag anywhere.

Fluff007 cool name and I will definatly read up on sit spots (cookie looks great send more my way please).

Shiloh7 thankyou, sounds like she had a great money making oppotunity.

Maltese5Rhino I got carried away with the writing my apoliges haha but anyhow see you around

TrueBrit i agree with you compleltly and i'll have a look at the book hope to see you around
"Brtain used to be great, now it isn't" wise words.

Sonofthesun thanks for the inuit picture can't say eskimo's anymore i learnt that not too long ago
I heard you've been having some terrible snow storms up there and thanks for the welcome

Also thanks for all of the flags so far im overwhelmed with the posiive repsonse from the forum community

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Hello Samuel, welcome to the madhouse!

One bit of advice i will give you is try not to take what you read too seriously, unless you like high blood-pressure.

Well that and watch out when toasting marshmallows over a fire, they just tend to melt and fall off the stick when i try it.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Hello Samuel I'm from the UK too, South Essex here. Lots of nationalities here. I've been here 3 years still see myself as a newbie. Just a tip obey the rules somewhere on ATS are the terms and conditions. So welcome and enjoy the fun it can be tough here but as long as you can accept people's criticism and comments then you'll be fine

Word for the youth of the world: Learn some f****ng respect

I deal with youngsters sometimes and my god do they have no respect for things or people

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Hello!

You'll find around 100 forums here, covering everything from Ancient Civilizations to Breaking News to Political Events and much more. All are welcome and everyone can contribute equally, so please come right in and make yourself at home!

For now, you are only able to post to existing threads or, if you need help, send private messages to Staff as well as the Complaint and Suggestion form. Once you've contributed some posts to threads around the site, you'll be able to make your own threads for others to enjoy.

There are also a few threads you'll want to look over as soon as you get the chance. They are important and helpful too!

Terms and Conditions / Reaffirming ATS Policies

Using the Features of ATS / Avatar Upload Instructions

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First.

Frequently Asked Questions Of All Kinds!

More tips, tricks and help can be found in the Freshmen's Forum or Board Business & Questions forum.

Above All, Enjoy Yourself! !

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Welcome.

Get your tinfoil ready and enjoy the ride.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Hey there samuelh2014 and welcome to ATS from me up here on the North Yorkshire Moors ... loved reading your intro and look forward to seeing you on the boards (I usually drift towards the paranormal forum too).

Woody )O(

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Hi samuelh2014, as you have spare time, see if there are any Princes Trust courses starting near you. My son says having Princes Trust on his cv has been a bigger door opener than any of his formal qualifications or work experience put together and he has not been out of work for over 15years!

Welcome to the nut house!

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Hello and welcome Samuel!

My advice to the youth of today would be to have a skill or two to set you aside from the others. It could be sign language, teaching English as a foreign language, that sort of thing. Knowing the phonetic alphabet wouldn't hurt either.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Welcome from a fellow Brit. Have some advice from another fine Englishman Alan Watts.

edit on 27-1-2014 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join