It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What did they catch on video in the sky above Sacramento, CA a few days ago?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   

whatzshaken
reply to post by charlyv

I guess this childhood science confused him too. Thanks for setting us straight with your educated opinion.KCRS.COM

Sorry , a bit drastic, but I live this stuff.
I have a telescope that could hide Elvis.

I look at venus alot.... sorry for the terseness

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Hello my dear! I am up late tonight too, but is cloudy, wind gusts up to 45 mph and getting damn cold again. I am thinking that maybe I shouldn't have even started this thread! Guess it is Venus, but it looks eclipsed. I dunno, I spend too much time on the computer LOL! Too much going on in this old bad world these days eh?

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Hi
I don't really know much about astronomy

I was up very late the other night. Not sure which and the moon crescent rose in the east. Really did look like the moon to me. I was tempted to take a photo, but didn't.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

How positive are you? I got the impression that this footage was taken from a helicopter with a news camera, not a phone.

Don't you think it odd that a meteorologist would be stumped? (I think it much more likely that there is a simple explanation, but I find it strange that this news station made an issue of it)
edit on 27-1-2014 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Did you study the sky in this video? and the time? and the Horizon?
Your mysterious object is where Venus is. So, unless there is a UFO that covered up Venus with a huge disk that looks like a Pizza, well, you be the judge. I am not an amateur.
edit on 27-1-2014 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

Hey, no problem amigo. yes this is MSM but this video was shot from a news helicopter as you can hear the high pitched sound in the background when footage is shot from a helicopter. Plus I doubt it also is shot from a camera phone as once again it comes from MSM and they have capable equipment for such a shot to be captured.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   

wc, yes, I find it highly odd that DIRK VERDOORN was stumped. What a name eh? Anyway, it (whatever it was) still looks eclipsed by something.

It was taken by a chopper crew, with there whatever camera.

I am going to fry up some chicken livers here at 2:33 am and think about this some more LOL!

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by whatzshaken

Man, I don't care how it was captured. Whatever did it had absolutely no image intensity control The intensity of the video is off. The video analysis shows light extrusion and over saturation. If you want, I will get Cal Tech or MIT to send you a memo, but if you do not believe what I am saying, it is certainly ok with me.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Could be Venus wih a quadcopter high in the sky between the camera and the planet blocking out a tiny portion. Kinda looks like what ever the shadow is shuffles back an forth a tiny bit. New drone maybe or a big blacked out saucer, that'd be cool. Probably just faulty equipment or swamp gas maybe.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   
you want to see something really DUMB???

watch this,

my comment:

bullcrap... get yourself the Stellarium program, it's free. It will show you that the moon is doing just what it should be doing. It is rising just before the sun rises and of course IT IS LIT ON THE EAST SIDE.

Nothing to see here, move along...

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
secchi camera

a video link from the secchi camera ENTER 20140118 CAMERA B START HR 00 END HOUR NEXT DAY 11 AND WATCH

you can play around with the camera and different dates to get a perception of where Venus is oddly enough mercury takes an interesting orbit.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by NewsWorthy

Saying that, do you realize the positioning requirement would be , pun intended ... "Astronomical"?
There has to be a point where pseudoscience believers succumb to what what real scientists do for a living.
I have never seen such resistance in all the years I have been in this field. It bothers me immensely.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

The fact that your are being defensive indicates rather frankly that indeed, you do care how it was captured. Otherwise you would not being trying to debunk what was captured on film by the quality of the camera used to capture the video. I was not on the scene when this footage was captured so I cannot commit to a definite answer to what it truly is. records indicate that it cannot be the moon and if its Venus sweet. what then is making it crescent as Mercury is behind the earth and Venus is ahead of earth right now in each elliptical phase of their respected orbits? And I'm glad you have connections at such prestigious schools because well Bush went to Yale... I never once said I did not believe what you are saying, you simply through out your opinion in the first place with nothing to verify it.

and just for the record the enquirer broke the story of John Edwards cheating even they can get things right...whether you choose to believe in it or not...
edit on 27-1-2014 by whatzshaken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by whatzshaken

Goodnight. You get to work out your delusions in dream.
Perhaps it may produce a more cognizant version of reality in the day time.
But there is no guarantee. Science cannot help you presently in this, but as far as science is concerned, we are done.
Given that , i do not disrespect your views, but challenge you to come up with a version of what transpired tonight given what happens in the very immediate future. We are talking about days here.

Interject: I guess it not my ability to tell. I have a message that has been demanded to include before mine...

Thanks, perhaps we can discuss this again, and I am looking forward to it for your enlightenment, and anyone else that feels that we are dealing with something that is not in realm of observable , and explainable science, needs to express their obvious controversial objections to what has been said with people you have never met. If accepted, then you will never be able to discuss this agan, however your personal involvement will be studied

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Venus.

It's crescent now, very beautiful. You can check it yourself with any basic binoculars or digital camera, just zoom in like in the video.

On a sidenote, can't believe the mis-interpretations read today.

This, and the one with reflective ice crystals (the massive earthquake warning lights

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Venus distorted optically by some atmospherical effect ?

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Don't know what the image capture is op, but it is interesting to see the different comments purposed by some of the members here.

If turned out to be just a celestial rock
as mentioned, which can fit the description of a variety of cosmic objects.

It still makes for a good Nibiru, elusive dyson sphere psy op

Nice share either way

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I have to go with what Charlyv is stating. What he is stating is the only response that has made any logical sense. I would love for this to be a "rogue planet" but it's not. Unless you consider Venus to be a rogue planet

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

What Venus has gone rouge? We need to tell the other planets immediately. No Just kidding, LOL. The guy with the airplane avatar and a telescope big enough to block out Elvis is very sure of himself, probably right.
As for a weather guy in California, they don't do much, log on to NOAA and read the forecast, wouldn't be surprised if he was stumped. It was fun to read though.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

I look at venus a lot…. sorry for the terseness

No apology necessary. You trounced it admirably.

Thank you

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join