It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

do creatures such as gnomes and elves really exist?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
There is a very good book on this subject which is worth a read. It is called:

"The Fairy Faith in Celtic Countries" - DR W.Y. Evans-Wentz.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by newkids123

i sure would like to meet a hobbit, where did they find one ????

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2010/8/26 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
They didn't find Hobbits. They found remains of a small race of Humans who they named Hobbits in Indonesia, obviously this person didn't read the news properly or just believed what he read in the tabloids. They are rather like the Pygmy's of Africa I believe.

"Hobbit" Find in Indonesia

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Of course they exist, what do you think? people who were seeing them all be liars and psychopaths?
Only problem for man of today is losing spirituality, and can't see the non material world, world which is present and all around us but not scientificaly shred and looked under the microscope, science is just one evil religion. Religion which believes in evil and material evidence. Religion which claims there is no meaning in the universe no inteligence in a piece of rock. They are evil people who claim there is no elves, they killed them.
Search a little over the internet and you will find hundreds of evidence, but well fed doesn't believe the hungry it is one wise sentence.
Fat scientists and devil servents negate all of this, asking for the photos, caught elves, they will cut them open and "research" I would run for my life if being an elf.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
They're a cultural universal. Similar legends exist around the world. Leprechauns in Ireland. Kachinas in the SW U.S. Kami in Asia. Jinn (genies) in the mideast. There are others. Without getting into a religious debate some scholars argue Christian 'angels' are the same thing.

It's a normal folklore device used by people to explain the unknown.

[edit on 1-5-2005 by dave_54]

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legalizer
The El, the Elohim, The angels, elves, are all the same thing, and are most likely the product of hallucinogenics, especially ergot fungus.

[edit on 30-4-2005 by Legalizer]

Saw a cable TV show (Discovery?) on that same theme once. Claimed the Salem Witch Trials were the result of an ergot contamination of the grain supply. A similar event occurred in medievel France and Germany. It seems all the known 'witch hunts' and similar events in history occured during a wetter than normal summer following a warmer than normal winter. The grain stored in the granaries could have developed a heavy ergot contamination (slight ergot amounts are normal as it's a common fungus in the soil) developed because of the weather, and was consumed in the bread, leading to the mass hallucination and hysteria. The most likely culprit is an ergot chemically related to '___'.

Interesting theory.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
All of the creachers that have been menchened are from legoned, and from myth. But I prefer to think that all legoned contains some truth.
Dwarfism is real, there are many different types of the disorder.
As to the elf legoned. Some have felt that the infintile disorder might have led to the Elf legoned.
There have also been some who have said a race of little people are still among us. I will leve that one for all of us to talk about. But as for me, I like to think they are still out there.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 02:19 AM
link   
yes they do, they have moved on to a diffrent plane but can come back like ghost when they want. although not elves as in santas helpers elves as in LOTR

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Of course I exist. I find it insulting when Im refered to as a figment of ones imagination that only appears after one has ingested hallucinegenic drugs. Thats untrue. I always appear BEFORE you ingest cannabis or hallucinigens to see if you wont share them with me.

As for gnomes, gnomes, like elves and dwarves, are part of Scandinavian lore, tho gnomes are more folkish. They are considered benevolent nature and earth spirits who often bless homes, gaurd cattle and children, and bring wealth if treated with respect and kindness.

By the way, in Scandinavia, elves could be very dangerous if angered, causing impotence, cattle blight, and misfortune. To placate angry elves, it was customary to pour offerings of beer, butter, or cream upon flint knives, which were called elf shot, as they were believed to be weapons elves fired to strike misfortune and pain into their victims.

Remeber that. BEER. Offer me beer, and I shall not unleash the forces of evil upon your home, cattle, or genitals.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I've been called "Pixie", "Elf", "Dwarf", "Gnome" and many more for most of my life so on that basis I would say they do exist!! (I'm not much more than 4ft tall - fully grown!)

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I think faeries are kind of earth spirits if that helps
Like angels but more earthly bound...
Isn't there folklore in many cultures of like life-sized faeries and elven people?? And not just bed time story type folklore but an actual respect and belief about it all..

[edit on 16/7/08 by pretty_vacant]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
personally OP i think they do exist. I've seen things in the northern parts of this state of wisconsin that i can't account for with any other type of creature known to inhabit the area. And besides, though i love science, it's taking away all the mystery of life. It would be too sad if they didn't exist.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Elves, gnomes etc are (energie) manifestations of earths, water, fire, stone air and ether. Most people cannot see them anymore these days. Some sensitive people can see them.
Ask "nature" people about them (miners, fisherman, lumberjackers etc)

Try to read books of Rudolf Steiner. He wrote some extremely difficult but amazing books about this subject.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Of course they exist seriously if a being with that grade of 'magical' potential wanted you to see them than you would see one if not than you don't have a high standing with elves especially. the only way to recognize one is for you to gain status within their community. and that isn't a simple task.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Much new age spirituality and occultims says the DO exist, but they are spiritual beings.
Earth spirits. And people nowadays have lost touch with this spiritual world, like others have said. You can get it back, but it takes work.

Imagine if in 10 generations all humans were blind, or their visual range changed to see infrared, not visible light. They'd say so many of the things we saw & describe don't exist because THEY can't see it.

Also, I understand the need for lumber, but there has got to be a better way to be respectful of nature. Why would these things show themselves to us if we destroy their homes? I'd be pretty pissed at humanity if I was an elemental.

As far as physical beings, I don't think so.

[edit on 7/17/2008 by madhatter3113]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Vesuvius 13

I really do not have an answer for you.

All of most fairy tale creatures came from the brothers grim. Which took place in the Black Forest in Germany.

But, I've noticed that some people are relatively unknown of the differences that exist between Gnomes and Hobbits.

Hobbits are relatively short, while Gnomes are tiny, kinda like a full grown human, only baby size. But then again, many people would summize differently based on the supposive different races of these creatures.

I'm not here to disproove any sightings, or anything, I'm just informing on a basic level.

^_^

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I spent three weeks in the Yucatan Peninsula in the summer of 2003, I think, and someone on the trip, who I actually am not too fond of, said she had seen a small child with bright eyes walk up to her in the woods when she was waiting to use the bathroom. She didn't make a big deal out of it and was just mentioning it to a friend when one of our tour guides over heard her and said that she had seen an Alux. She's a strange girl but she's not crazy and she isn't someone who cries for attention. She hadn't heard of the legends before seeing the thing she saw and she didn't get a good look at it because she said it disappeared. She had said previously and afterward that she was part indian and that her grandmother was a shaman at some point and that she had a history in her family of people predicting births and things. She seemed really nonchalant about the whole thing as if she didn't really care, so either she really enjoys lying just for the sake of it or she saw what she saw and didn't want to make a fuss of it.

I personally can't dismiss what she said. I have a hard time believing in paranormal things and don't think about it often but it's certainly something to think about.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Yes, indeed elf's exist especially in Mexico if you live by the rural where there is mostly woods and trees you may see one or also the the people that use drugs they could see the elf's. The elf's are some mischeveous creatures but if you're bad with them they'll do evil things to you .

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join