It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sticks with US flags are more dangerous than guns in Virginia....

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   

neo96
Clearly guns were to blame according to the article,

I think we can agree on that...but I believe the argument has moved beyond this given the past page or so...

Where we seem to have a hangup, is the insistence to adhere to the reported article; which you already have deemed to be unsubstantial...

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

A statement of fact - aer you saying otherwise??

Direct quotation from the Daily Kos.

Geez.

And what is actually incorrect there?

Since when are guns 'sacrosaint' some people are always trying to ban them.

Hell they even make 'gun free zones' that aren't so 'gun free'.

Gotta say the chances of a mass shooting at the capitol are slim to none.

Sorry that someone has an opinion that you don't like - but then the 1st amendment does come before eth 2nd...so that's tough for you too.

Awesome!

So now I have neither 1st or second Amendment rights.

After all exercising that free speech is what I am doing as well.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

neo96

I didn't say it was going to happen - I asked if that would make it OK - it's called a "hypothetical question".

Then it is not an issue since it is 'hypothetical'.

so you aren't going to answer?? It was you raised the point after all......

Yep - that's me - I think your US worship of the 2nd amendment is ludicrous, but that's just me ...I do understand that other people disagree, you being one of them, but I see no reason to apologise for daring to have my own opinion.

I think some peoples worship of the state banning guns is ludicrous for reasons already stated.

And I see no need to apologize.

I didn't ask you to. and I am not in favour of banning guns.

good pint - and one which you had not clearly made before, although looking back I see you were angling at it- certainly blame eth lawmakers rather than the cops.

Clearly guns were to blame according to the article,

I don't' know how you can read that into it - I didn't - I read that stupid enforcement of stupid laws was to blame.

no = still shows that the state is stupid - and since the cops are an arm of the state they get tarred with that brush.

I say tough to those who don't like guns.

I like guns.

And who only want them in the hands of the police because that is the epitome of a police state.

I come from a country where police are generally unarmed - and every time a policeman gets shot by a member of the public the police association (the union for officers) comes out and says it is not in favour of constables regularly carrying guns.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Uh OH I'm a professional drummer...glad to see I better
be careful to mind me own sticks as they may be considered
a bloody weapon...LOL!

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

neo96

A statement of fact - aer you saying otherwise??

Direct quotation from the Daily Kos.

Geez.

so what?? Yes it's straight from eth Kos - and it is also a fact - what's your point??

And what is actually incorrect there?

Since when are guns 'sacrosaint' some people are always trying to ban them.

how does that not make them sacrosanct?

Hell they even make 'gun free zones' that aren't so 'gun free'.

Gotta say the chances of a mass shooting at the capitol are slim to none.

Looking at your posts and the near religious fervor for the 2nd amendment evident on ATS among other places, IMO the term "sacrosanct" is probably being too nice.

Sorry that someone has an opinion that you don't like - but then the 1st amendment does come before eth 2nd...so that's tough for you too.

Awesome!

So now I have neither 1st or second Amendment rights.

Yet another statement by you that no one has ever said - nowhere did I say you aren't allowed to have an opinion or express it.

On the contrary - you are the one wanting to complain that other people are expressing their opinions.

After all exercising that free speech is what I am doing as well.

And I would use a gun to defend your right to do so if I thought that was required.

but it isn't!

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

neo96
reply to post by ownbestenemy

So only what you believe to be "arms" is Constitutionally protected? Is that what you are getting at here Neo? This would be interesting because there are threads in where you have argued opposite of which you have presented if I remembe

Yeah 'sticks' are the same thing as guns.

Guess we should arm the police and military with them since they are considered 'arms'.

And then place all the same GD restrictions on them.

I will be waiting for the pundits going around spreading propaganda about 'stick' violence.

The opposite of what I have argued ?

They aren't even the same GD thing.

Exactly, sticks aren't nearly as effective or as widespread as guns in terms of being a weapon, which is why it's stupid to ban sticks because it could be used as a weapon, and yet allow something that is not only a better weapon, but is intended to be used as one, and has been used as one on multiple occasions.

edit on 27-1-2014 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join