It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black... Thing... Like a boomerang...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Okay, so I can't believe I'm going to write this.

I have no idea what I saw, and I'm not exactly the type to do this sort of thing. I mean I've seen some "ghosts" in the past, and had a few strange experiences in my life. Things moving when I literally stepped out of the room for a moment, thinking I put some where one place for it to be gone the next, then back in the exact spot later.

Strange animals, weird dreams, I usually try to rationalize my experiences and or blow them off entirely but this, I couldn't believe it. I literally have no logical explanation for what I saw.

So I was standing outside having a smoke, looking for Messier 82 with my phone app to try to see if it were remotely possible to see the super nova by eye. I know it's still quite dim, and I could probably catch it with my telescope but the kid in me always wishes these things are going to be once in a life time mind blowing experiences(still is, the star supernovad 12 million years ago and we here on earth are just seeing it now.) So after referencing my phone's star chart app, updating my location a few times to get a better idea of where I should be looking I gave up.

I had noticed jupiter was visible and kind of humored myself with that while i accepted the nova would not be visible, and finished my smoke. How ever!

Right before I was about to head in I looked up one more time to witness what I can best describe as a black semi translucent Boomerang shaped object dart across the sky. Now this thing was huge, like mind blowingly huge, fast and silent. It didn't change shape, it was way too wide to be a flock of birds and too perfectly shaped. It was almost like the effect you get when you run a cup over a page looking through the bottom. A strange distorted space, and it just whipped by. Now I have no freaking idea what the hell that was, and literally since I saw it I've been racking my damn mind, and nearly beside myself. It just shook me right to my core.

It goes beyond every belief I have, what the # was that thing? Literally huge, and we get jets coming in that area low to land at the near by airport and if it was as low as them it would still be bigger than a 747, how ever I have the feeling it was much much higher.

It was like a ripple, I don't even know how to describe it properly. Boomerang type shape, I will try and draw it on paint really #ty mind you as this is a laptop.

It was headed east(slightly south), it was fast in and out of site in maybe a second and it was like transparent or black or something I don't know. I literally had enough time to see it, register it and go WTF!

I have no idea what it was, it didn't make a sound.

Location, Abbotsford BC in front of the home depot there. Stopping in for like 15 mins to get some supplies for the bass I'm working on as it's on the way home.

Here's my #ty picture. It didn't go over the building it kind of went next to it, and out of site. Best I can surmise is eastish... Time 6:30ish? I hummed and hawed over posting this for a couple hrs but I decided what the hell this is my first real ATS worthy post, and I'm not on the other side of it picking it apart this time. Please pick it apart.

-Seriously WTFing,

Hijinx.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
My brother,saw a huge boomerang over Laughlin Nevada very late one night a few yrs back.....
He was on tour with a band and was outside loading gear.....
He is no dummy and i trust him implicitly...
I dont know what you saw, but you sure aint crazy or hallucinating things......

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

I know less about space than you do, but something was in orbit over your area. link to ISS and 2 other satellites orbiting earth

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

I checked this, and satellites usually just look like a star that's moving, or a quick flash as they catch the sunlight. The ISS, usually looks like a slow moving star when it goes by. Again, i didn't check for a satellite as they appear as a dot. I was looking up, and what I saw as bigger than my hand if I held it out at arms length.

747's and other large jets land at the airport near by, so they look really large and loud. This was larger, and silent. If you put four 747's wing to wing coming in to land that's about the size of what I saw. This thing was enormous if it was high, and still bigger than anything I've seen if it was coming in low. I have no idea what it could be, I'm hoping someone has an explanation or similar experience that isn't so absolutely mind warping.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Care to elaborate on his story at all? I would really appreciate hearing his experience, I don't even know what to think right now. Seriously, I'm all over the place with this. Aircraft? Weather rare weather phenomena I've never heard of? Some sort of space weather event?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Could be... You know, although I didn't really elaborate on it at the thread - before I had this sighting (about 30-40 min before) when I first looked up at the stars, I thought I saw a meteor but it looked like a boomerang/wedge shape moving extremely fast which went from visible to 'cloaked' - at least, it looked more like that to me than a meteor. But I tend to discount things if I only see them in a very brief amount of time (ie under 3 seconds).

Sounds like you're describing something similar to that, or perhaps even exactly the same. It didn't seem low to the ground though but if it was then it would have been huge. So I don't really know what to think now
Maybe you saw whatever it was close up...kudos! Of course, that little thing was obliterated by the events that followed. But your story helps corroborate more of that "night" for me, and our sightings are only a few days apart. You never know... it's nice at least to live with a bit of genuine mystery!

Your 6.30pm time is also a big UFO sighting time, many of my previous ones occurred between 6 and 7pm, and around January time. As do countless many other sighting reports, 6.30pm ish. Doesn't sound like there may be many more witnesses to this one, but perhaps you'll find a little closure. Or, it's the beginning of your path of acceptance, stay completely open to it and you'll only see more over time

edit on 26-1-2014 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

I live in Edmonton, Alberta (about 1,000km north-east of Abbotsford) and last August (2013) my girlfriend and I witnessed a similar boomerage, or chevron, shaped UFO.

We were just hanging out on our balcony (top floor of 11 story apartment, right downtown) and I hear my girlfriend say "What is that?"

I look up only to catch a few seconds of a solid black chevron shaped...thing... gliding silently across the dark sky until it was gone from view. I say chevron and not boomerang because what we witnessed had a defined point; it wasn't round at the front. It literally looked like a chevron.

I'd say it was pretty large given that airplanes and helicopters are a common sight out our front windows. If I had to guess, I'd say least 2-4 helicopters could fit on the 'wings'. Maybe more? It's difficult to judge size with such little viewing time...combined with the "WTF" factor.

Anyway, my experience was similar to yours but not exact. I witnessed a solid black object, not translucent/transparent like you describe. And the shapes are only similar.

I just wanted to share my experience alongside yours to see if anyone else nearby has had something similar happen.

Thanks for sharing such a cool experience! S&F!

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I experienced a similar event in Mid-Western Ontario Canada about 15 year ago. I too was out smoking on my deck. It was about 1:00 am. on a very hot and humid summer evening. My sighting began when my skin started to chill and crawl. I looked up and was transfixed on a dark triangular object moving slowly and silently over the house. At the time I could not move, and observed this anomaly for more than 10 minutes. It moved slowly upwards and continued upwards. I began to feel "normal" after the object was out of sight. I can only describe this as creepy to the nth degree.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Coup_Detat_Cam

The Abbotsfords airshow is In August could have been some exotic aircraft returning home (B2 Spirit?)

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by dashdespatch

In january? Thats a long time for a 1.2billiom dollar us aircraft to hang out at a small public airport. I mean could have been something like that but a little odd.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by dashdespatch

Hm.Yes I could certainly entertain the possibility that this is what I saw (B2 Spirit).

It's definitely a CLOSE comparison, at least in shape...but I'm not sure about size. As mentioned, it was difficult for me to judge the size of something I've never seen before that was also hundreds of feet away.

However, what I witnessed was a perfect chevron shape...without any 'bumps' in the tail section, like you can see on the B2. It essentially looked like a flying carpenter's square.

Also, the B2 is a "stealth" fighter...but does it use a jet engine? Would that not be audible when flying low enough to be seen? What I witnessed was apparently silent. At least, nothing could be heard above normal city background noise. If it was an airplane or helicopter, I would have defnitely heard something at that close range (I see & hear lots of aircraft buzzing around the city given our vantage point).

I don't have the exact date I witnessed this but my guess was late-August or early-September 2013. I say this because my FIRST thought when I saw the "craft" was that it was a flock of geese flying south for the winter (so it was around the fall)...but I immediately dismissed that idea for 2 reasons: (a) unlike the OPs experience, this was obvoiusly a solid chevron shape and (b) it was silent; we would have heard the geese honking wildly.

Finally, the craft was headed south/south-west across the city...which is certainly moving TOWARDS Abbotsford...but that in late August or early September seems a little too late for the Airshow. Did they even have a B2 at the airshow? I tried to find out but couldn't confirm anything from my limited search.

top topics

join