It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

getting logged out, logging in opens App Store

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Hi
Every time I close down my tabs, as as I had always done when exiting ATS. When I come back I'm logged out and have to login again.

As I'm logging in , once I start typing my user name in, I get sent to the App Store in iTunes to download a Warcraft game. I don't see many ads on the login page I accidentally clicked. I'm making sure to only tap into the sign in form. It keeps opening iTunes.

Any ideas how to fix this?
Thanks

ETA

Forgot to say I haven't cleared cookies or cash and am using iPad IOS 7
edit on 25-1-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

Safari

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

Im having almost the same problem. Only with an android phone.
It keeps trying to send me to some site to "update my app store".

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I'm having issues - going on three days now where no matter what device I'm on nor what Internet server I'm using it takes forever to load anything I do on the site. Most of the time - just gets stuck altogether. I thought a day of this meant lots of activity perhaps. The second day I cleaned up one of the devices I use. I've checked the loading capacity of other sites on the Internet on all occasions - all fast.

Does anyone have an idea of what could be causing this? For now I'm just going to log off and check back occasionally but hope to find some thoughts.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

awh666
reply to post by violet

Im having the same problem on android when im not logged in.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

awh666
reply to post by violet

Same here and it doesn't matter if i am logged in or not. Its a pop up and it will redirect my browser to another (non google playstore) website.

Its extremely invasive and frustrating because using the back button will not close it, it just moves away from ats to the website its advertising and there is only an okay button on the pop up i.e. there is no way to get rid of it.

I wish ATS would offer a premium i.e. voluntary paid membership that is guaranteed to be ad free. I for one would pay for a few extra privileges and the guarantee that I would be able to browse in peace. So many of the ads on here are terrible for being invasive and interfering with my browsing experience

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
The logging out issue resolved itself, so I know now this stupid war game app is just opening up the App Store as soon as I come to ATS . It's getting annoying to keep closing down the App Store app. I don't want the war game. Don't play games.

I understand you need to advertise but it shouldn't be forced like that.

new topics

top topics

join