It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Researchers may have found a cause for Sudden Infant Death Syndrome

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   

thedeadtruth
reply to post by stumason

No. Most of your examples are not deliberate exposure to a known poison.

I never said they were, although 6 out of 10 of them do actually feature ingesting a known "poison", it is simply a logical extension of making mothers legally liable for the foetus - if anything should happen while it was in the womb and could be proven to have been the result of something the mother did, be it deliberate or not, she could end up in court.

If a mother can be hauled in on charges for having a drink and harming the baby (and there is no law saying she cannot), by default anything else she does that may harm the baby she is also liable for.

This is the way this sort of thing always goes - take driving for example. Back in the day, one could be obeying the speed limit and other rules, hit someone and it would be chalked down to an accident.

These days, you can obey the speed limit and if the Plod can find anything to indicate you may be liable, they'll try to pin a careless or dangerous driving charge on you. There is a guy undergoing a trial right now for running down a cyclist, but it was at a time of day when the sun was low and the road was wet, meaning there was extreme glare, confirmed by witnesses, leading to him clipping the cyclist with his wing mirror. He even stopped, but Plod are still pinning charges on him.

Feature creep, that's what that is. An over application of the Law. We've already been down the road in the UK for jailing mothers for the deaths of their babies, usually based on "expert" evidence which later turned out to be utter bollocks. I and many others certainly don't wish to go down that road again.

thedeadtruth
Stop trying to muddy the waters. It wont work and it sound like apologist BS.

I wasn't and there is no need to be so bloody rude about it, you miserable git. I was just playing devils advocate for the sake of debate and performing a mental exercise.
edit on 3/2/14 by stumason because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/2/14 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Where you see the boogy man. I see accountability.

You decide to have a baby...... Be accountable for everything you feed it.

You decide to drive..... Be aware whatever you hit that is lighter than you. Will probably die.

You want to ride on a bike around objects that weigh 1200kg that travel at 100 kph...... Be prepared to die if any mistake is made. ( the blame is irrelevant. You are dead. You already lost the argument )

Its all I hear nowadays.... " I deserve " ... " I am a victim " " I thought " .... blah blah blah....

All I see is death and excuses.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Stumason , "bloody rude you miserable git..."

Love it, I will use that in my next argument,
when I come face to face with a bloody rude miserable git.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

kosmicjack
It is suspected that perfumes from fabric softeners and detergents as well as crib bumpers may play a part too so it would seem to make sense..if little lungs are overwhelmed with a strong odor combined with a lack of airflow due to crib bumpers and now this new evidence of an imbalance causing a lack of a reflex trigger...it's a tragic combination for a little one.

Fabric softeners, detergents and cleaners are extremely toxic and barely regulated.

Fabric softener is probably the worst offender in your house.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   

thedeadtruth

Where you see the boogy man. I see accountability.

You decide to have a baby...... Be accountable for everything you feed it.

You decide to drive..... Be aware whatever you hit that is lighter than you. Will probably die.

You want to ride on a bike around objects that weigh 1200kg that travel at 100 kph...... Be prepared to die if any mistake is made. ( the blame is irrelevant. You are dead. You already lost the argument )

Its all I hear nowadays.... " I deserve " ... " I am a victim " " I thought " .... blah blah blah....

All I see is death and excuses.

You are awesome

I have not read truer words in a long long time. Everyone that reads you post should star you for saying it exactly how it is!

Whoever takes notice and comprehends your post will surly live longer.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by sunnynights

Why thank-you.

Universal truths = Deny ignorance

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join