It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Trap Has Been Set

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

wildtimes
Yep!
Collective consciousness toward the greater good.

Exactly.

Instead of letting it be harvested for the gains of a handful of bank accounts..

It would be ironic in a way. Using the same "small amounts applied over vast numbers" strategy that corporations take, we can use that to free ourselves from solely profiting them. Technology and inventions are approached by anyone interested, instead of just confined to a corporate road map and NDA. Of course, such a thing could be a double-edged sword. But, with a focus on independence and self-sufficiency, rather than a profit motivated "addiction," the advancements in the public sector would be enormous.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

therealguyfawkes
reply to post by soulpowertothendegree

You're free to believe whatever you want, and I respect your opinion.

But consider this:

Under your fatalistic view of "nothing can be done, it's a trap OH NO LOOK OUT," there's a 0.00% chance of changing the situation for the better.

Under my "pie in the sky" view of inform/educate/awaken/enlighten, there's a > 0.00% chance of changing the situation for the better.

So tell me, which probability would you prefer?

You're free to simply give up and accept what's coming. But at least when SHTF, I'll be able to sleep soundly at night knowing I tried my very best to make a difference. YMMV.

Nothing fatalistic about reality. The simple fact is you can not undo the damage done.
edit on 26-1-2014 by soulpowertothendegree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Way to go! I wondered when a thread like this would come. The trap is a wonder. It is impossible with the mind of common to not become trapped when there are so many advantages with modern technology. Comfort really does blind people, to their own demise.

Whoever are the mastermind(s), they know what they are doing. And you know what? They are a thousand moves ahead of you.
edit on 26-1-2014 by _damon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Can you see the inherent fallacy in your argument?

If not, I'll spell it out.

There might be a trap brewing on the horizon, but it hasn't yet sprung. The future is not yet written, and presuming that we can't do something now to change or ameliorate its effects IS the very definition of fatalism.

Kind sir, I refer you to the eminent sage Sarah Conner:

There is no fate but what we make for ourselves. The fate you've chosen for yourselves is to accept the dark reality TPTB have prepared for you. And that's a shame, cause while you're moaning on the sidelines that nothing can be changed, the rest of us will keep struggling for a better tomorrow.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by therealguyfawkes

Hysterical reference to Terminator. Are you seriously contending that the way we function as a society can be reversed one person at a time? Keep yourself in denial and let me know when you stop using the cell phone, computer, atm, cable, microwave, etc.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Yes, I seriously am contending that. Because that's the only way change has ever occurred in the history of the world... with one person at a time deciding to alter their mindset to transmute their situation. The influence and acts of one person CAN make a difference on the course of the world.

Gautama Buddha paved a path to enlightenment that exists to the present day. Lao Tzu, Chuang Tzu, and all the other enlightened sages did the same.

Gandhi smashed the British.

MLK rocked the faces of the establishment. So did Malcolm X.

JFK started to crush the federal reserve so hard that TPTB had to assassinate him.

ONE PERSON, awakening others one by one, CAN make a difference.

I'm sorry if you don't believe in the power of yourself to effectuate positive change upon the fabric of reality. That's a true shame, because that's exactly what TPTB want you to believe--that you're powerless, helpless, at the mercy of some inexplicable and incomprehensible machine.

I don't buy it. I'll never buy it. And you shouldn't either.

My life is my own. Your life is your own.

You're already innately and irrevocably free, but for the shackles of your own mind, which contain the artificial psychological confines of society that TPTB use to keep you despondent, discouraged, enslaved. But it's your decision to remain a slave or not. So long as you CHOOSE to keep your defeatist attitude, you'll continue to be a prisoner of your own pessimistic world view.

So take off the blinders, my friend. Join us over here in the world of activism and optimism. Because right now you're a poster boy for the establishment. Only through your self-depreciating attitude can tyrants like TPTB control humanity. If each of us realized our true potential, if we recognized our sovereign freedom, no force on earth could compel or control us to act against our moral compass.

We can each be the change we want to see in the world.

If the change you want to be is defeatist, defeated, fatalistic and pessimistic, so be it. But you have alternatives. And whenever you CHOOSE to look differently at the world and its future, both will soon seem like a much brighter place.

(And FYIW, I don't use a microwave. I don't have cable. I don't use a smartphone that can be used as a complete tracking device against me. I guard my anonymity while online. I won't allow GPS or blackbox technology in my new cars. I won't touch anything that uses RFID. I value privacy and removing myself from this control grid more than I desire the "convenience" of tools that'll be used against me.

Maybe you can't bring yourself to unplug from the matrix, but that doesn't mean others can't find within themselves the strength to CHOOSE otherwise.)

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

I do not think anyone desires to be ruled by the "elites", the system in place has existed for a period of time that doesn't allow for any one generation to change it. This did not happen overnight. Just curious, are you driving a car? Using a cell phone? A computer connected to the internet? Watching television on cable or satellite? Shopping at any stores? Everyone of these actions is supporting the elite agenda. See how difficult it would be to STOP?

I completely disagree.

First of all, I did not say that everyone desires to be ruled by elite, only a significant number to allow elites to come back into power.

If you look at history, it is one continuous march towards the average person taking back control from the elites. While those who desire to rule over everyone else have made gains in recent years, their castle is actually a house of cards, currently in the process of falling down.

Just curious, are you driving a car? Using a cell phone? A computer connected to the internet? Watching television on cable or satellite? Shopping at any stores? Everyone of these actions is supporting the elite agenda. See how difficult it would be to STOP?

Technology only supports the the elite agenda, as long as we allow the elites to control the use of technology. Technology is actually an exceptional tool to use against the elites. If you have have studied history, you would know that elites always oppose new technologies. This is an important key.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join