It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone read the Chinese news lately? 35 US Marines Captured in Fallujah

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Yeah right!

www.newkerala.com... ews&id=41645

Short Excerpt:

35 US soldiers captured in Falluja: mosques:
[World News]: Falluja (Iraq), Nov 8 : Mosques in Iraq's restive city of Falluja announced Monday that rebel fighters inside the city have captured 35 US soldiers, reports Xinhua.

Loudspeakers at the mosques blared out the news as US forces were trying to penetrate the rebel-held city,

The news however could not be independently confirmed.

NSA

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
This probably fits into the whole batallion being wiped out there as well, I can see a few Marines being captured but the chances of 35 well trained warriors being captured by the poorly trained and equiped terrorists doesn't sound very likely.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Anything coming from Chinese media, which is state-controlled, must be treated with a great deal of skepticism. China has its own agenda, which is very different from anyone else's, and the human and financial capital to back it up.

Why would they make this up? I confess, its not real clear, unless possibly simply to keep US prestige at a lower level in the eyes of the Chinese population, or perhaps to keep China in the good graces of the Islamic world. It may suit Chinese interests to keep its various potential adversaries at each other's throats, instead of paying attention to China.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Side note:

How is this story representative of anything coming out of "Chinese" media?

Perhaps this is the Warner Bros/Looney Tunes version of media analysis... dig a hole in the ground and tunnel through the earth, wherever you come out on the other side, you must be upside down and in China...

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
MaskedAvatar, the article states that the report was from Xinhua, which is the Chinese State News Agency. See Xinhua

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Huh ... I read chinese news everyday and that's not from XinHua

I remember i saw this article somewhere on Sina some time ago

it's from some Islamic sources which I take to be not credible. XinHua simply translates it into chinese and cites where the original is from.

The Chinese people know these Islamic sources are often not credible on these topics.

I remember during major combat period of the war, an article appeared on sina that says 100+ American troops were killed in a ambush.

However, the article clearly stated that it's a translation from an Iranian source and not from Chinese sources. On the discussion forum, people pretty much said how it was probably BS.

[edit on 22-11-2004 by white_raven0]

top topics

join