It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets look at some world history!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Okay folks... I sat through one of these next vids in a my college course here recently, and not for the first time, it inspired me to share it with everyone else for the sheer 'That's interesting!' aspect. This first one was featured for making the point as part of a larger lesson of world trending and patterns, and how things have come up in the last 200 years. It was really quite amazing and worth the few minutes to look at.

Next up is one that took my breath away for the sheer, blunt and frank nature of the view it gives of world history. Goodness...is human nature really THIS bad? I suppose..it is! Welcome to 1000 years of war in 5 minutes.

Finally, you might ask yourself....Self? What was happening UNDER all that fighting? Well, Self may not be in a talkative mood for ya, but I happen to have a final video here that shows what all that fighting looked like on a map, at least for part of where the timelines overlap. It's quite a look at how things have changed and evolved over time in Europe, anyway.

...and who said history had to be a boring and dull subject, eh?

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Good thread, Cheers.

Do you know if there is a film like the last one, only world wide?

It would be interesting to see the rise and fall of Empires on a Global scale.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Cool Video.

With the 2nd It seems wars are triggered by population density's and sudden changes. They seem most concetrated at high population denisty points and at dates sudden event happens.

edit on 25-1-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by BritofTexas

I hadn't come across one, but I hadn't looked real hard. I'd be happy to see it added if someone else happens to find one though?

I looked over quite a bit to consider for this thread and most of them were downright cheesy and weak on anything like..Oh..Umm.. historic basis. lol... So, I settled on the lower 2 for the useful and interesting nature of them. (Not to mention how they overlap and compliment each other, eh?)

I'd really be interested in a world wide one.

...although I'd note something, even on the one I did use. There are VAST areas, especially in the early years, which show nothing at all for ID or designation. Even approaching the turn of the time from BCE to AD, some areas are fuzzy for who lived there and what they called it. I'm thinking (as guess here), that represents areas of gaps for historic knowledge or certainty, anyway. If so, there is a great deal of unknown further back, along side places that are well known. It does make history a real interesting subject, at the very least.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

I haven't found one either. I also looked for one where we carved up the middle east and put our idea of their borders in place.

I did find this though which I thought was interesting.

edit on 28-1-2014 by BritofTexas because: The vid worked after all

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

During the World Battleground video I actually jumped when WW1 kicked off. My heart is still racing!

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
The Rise and Fall of Empires - imagine how long the US in its present form would be on that last video if it had shown us? Not very long in the scheme of things. But as we humans grow and evolve - the slow evolution of nations and peoples - we collectively progress and, hopefully, begin to stabilize. I like the "statistical trend" towards all nations getting to the Healthy and Wealthy side of the chart, as was projected in the first video. As our nations become more used to an "international community," I would like to pose the theory that it will keep in check the massively wandering borders of nations in the name of Empire, which will in turn serve to slow the tides of war. There is benefit to this respectful form of "collectivism" (Yes - I said it!) - a slow, lurching march towards greater stability and, ultimately, peace. In spite of the horror of video #2, I still hold that small candle in the dark...

Thanks for the post, Wrabbit! Sorry it took me so long to reply!!!

- AB

top topics

join