It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US stocks slammed; Dow falls 300-plus points in worst week since 2011

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

U.S. stocks fell sharply and Treasuries rallied on Friday, with the Dow Jones Industrial Average tumbling triple-digits for a second session and posting its worst week since November 2011, as investors pulled money from emerging markets and other assets viewed as risky.

CNBC

Wow what a Friday. And it seems they keep on falling.
I'll post updates as soon as I can

This is where they're at, as I'm typing

edit on 24-1-2014 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
keep posting updates to the market close...

it don't mean diddle squat

what is relevant ---> are gold/PM shorts and demand for physical metals which are in short supply in the (so secure) vaults

mmmmmm....

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

The bloom may be coming off the rose. . .

the thrill is gone. . . . .

. . . . . and so it begins. . .

Whatever cliché you want to use, it's something we've talked about here on ATS for a while now.

Quantitative easement has a shelf life. We're seeing it expire now.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I knew a correction was comeing, why I stayed off the markets this month.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
It was only a matter of time before this artificial inflation of the market would have to drop somewhat.

I feel sorry for the bagholders that bought in at these highs, only so those in the know could suddenly sell at a high and walk away with a profit, while they're in the red.

It will be worth watching this weekend as the other markets (esp. Asian) do their thing.

Metals are certainly worth watching, but they've been manipulated for so long, it's become a joke. A few guys in London meet twice a day to set the gold price, and once a day to set the silver price. Just a few guys, for the whole world's market. Insane!!

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Not to worry, if the Fed totally panics they'll really put the printing presses into overdrive and issue everyone a wheel barrel for grocery shopping. Well, maybe not the wheel barrel part.

ETA - Can I say "told you so" yet? Major Stock Market Crash In January

edit on 936pm2323pm32014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
There is absolutely no reason at all for the DOW to be above 16,000. MANY economists think that the stock market is in a big bubble and very long overdue for a big downward correction similar to what we saw in 2008.

The stock market has been artificially propped up by the Federal Reserve for way too long. When the crash comes, it's gonna be really, really bad because of all these artificially inflated numbers, and it's gonna be really, really fast, thanks to computerized stock trading.

Hang on to your hats, it's gonna be a wild ride when it happens.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Bassago
reply to post by Hellas

Not to worry, if the Fed totally panics they'll really put the printing presses into overdrive and issue everyone a wheel barrel for grocery shopping. Well, maybe not the wheel barrel part.

Must diversify my portfolio to include wheelbarrow manufacturers as a hedge against this .....

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

St Udio
keep posting updates to the market close...

it don't mean diddle squat

what is relevant ---> are gold/PM shorts and demand for physical metals which are in short supply in the (so secure) vaults

mmmmmm....

Shhhh. This is not meant to be known by people. When the common man get's confirmation in the news what the bankers/fed really did then they will not be able to stay asleep anymore and will have to act.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

FissionSurplus
It was only a matter of time before this artificial inflation of the market would have to drop somewhat.

I feel sorry for the bagholders that bought in at these highs, only so those in the know could suddenly sell at a high and walk away with a profit, while they're in the red.

It will be worth watching this weekend as the other markets (esp. Asian) do their thing.

Metals are certainly worth watching, but they've been manipulated for so long, it's become a joke. A few guys in London meet twice a day to set the gold price, and once a day to set the silver price. Just a few guys, for the whole world's market. Insane!!

China seems to like it since they can buy the gold cheap for crappy petrodollar and do not believe in the let us hold the gold for you in our vaults. Worse for Germany that did not get all their gold that was held for them.
edit on 24-1-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

FissionSurplus

Just like all those folks who bought houses at the height of the housing market, and are now underwater.

I don't feel that any of these people should be bailed out - for everyone who bought a house at the height of the market and lost money cause of a poor decision, there is someone who SOLD that same house at the height of the market and MADE money because of their sound decision. Buying a house is a huge risk.

It's going to be the same for all those people who bought stock at the false height of the current market bubble. When there's enough of them, TPTB will deliberately crash the market, just like they have on almost every other crash (1987 was possibly the exception here - an actual crash rather than false manipulation) and most investors will lose billions of dollars, while TPTB who are manipulating the markets will make $trillions, because they will know in advance, just like they did in 1907, 1929 and 2008.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I've been hearing the doomsayers predict the dreaded "stock market collapse" since I joined.

The stocks will recover, the economy is in far better shape than it was a few years ago.

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

When you say the "economy" do you mean the fake one on paper with the false numbers, or the real economy that all of us have to live with on a daily basis?

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
This drop in the market doesn't even make the top twenty list of losses. Not in percentage dropped or points dropped. Whats the big deal? Do this for a week or two then it gets interesting.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
It's truly frightening to see the Dow so high. Like a tall house of cards swaying in the wind.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Funny how the World Economic Forum just finnished Thursday in Switziland, huh. This was agreed on! I can't Believe that this was not once discussed on ATS. I warned everybody that Febuary and March is going to be bad.Esculating by November.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

babybunnies

Bassago
reply to post by Hellas

Must diversify my portfolio to include wheelbarrow manufacturers as a hedge against this .....

Hedge with tent manufacturers too my friend. Thats my advice. This is going to be a very bad year.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Here we go...

Maybe

If the market truly crashes the un-informed masses are going to have a hard time. which means we all will have a hard time. I will continue to monitor the situation and put my plans into place accordingly.

We are due for another crash and the government responding by over reacting.

If indeed the market crashes after the smoke clears we may have a new electronic form of currency I predict.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

If indeed the market crashes after the smoke clears we may have a new electronic form of currency I predict.

As in BitCoin you mean?

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Bassago
reply to post by Hellas

I remember that thread, and I remember thinking how amazing it was that both those trend lines aligned with each other so perfectly. I guess history really does repeat its self. I'm very interested to see how close the trends stay to each other as we move forward.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join