It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOJ: Half of all prison rape is committed by guards

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
So...
I am not saying that there are a bunch of good people in prison that are there for the wrong reason.

I do think that it is a bad thing that our prisons are full of victimless criminals such as drug users etc though.

I do believe in our justice system and criminal system though I feel it is corrupt and has issues.

I don't believe that part of being incarcerated should also mean you are pretty much guaranteed to be raped.

The guards are there to protect the inmates and keep order. If they are actively involved in half the rapes as the attached article states.....then there has to be a way to eliminate that half of the equation.

Why can't the guards wear cameras like cops do. If there cameras ever stop recording for some reason....they are fired without question. If an inmate claims rape by a guard....we sould be able to check his camera footage.

www.washingtontimes.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
i guess someone beat you to it

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Indigent

dang it!!!
I looked and could only find older threads that had nothing to do with this....

well...at least I tried to come up with a solution which the other poster seemed to not get into.

edit on 24-1-2014 by UxoriousMagnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Indigent

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

top topics

join