It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this climate change, a coming ice age or global warming? (or just a fluke.)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I am legitimately concerned about the cold temperatures. So far this winter they have closed the schools for 4 days due to the extreme cold. Perhaps some scientists that aren't bought and paid for by global warming can do some investigating and find out if I need to move farther south before I become a Popsicle. Warmer temps = more days swimming. Colder temps = closed schools and southern migration.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

nixie_nox
reply to post by Hoosierdaddy71

And what creates the cycles?

The climate was different when the dinosaurs were around so ask them. Maybe their cars are what killed them off.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
As I've said in other threads, we do not have any documentation of temperatures from 100,000, 10,000 or 1,000 years ago about what the temperatures were like.

How do we know that the earth doesn't go through cycles, and this is just one of them?

Heck, back in the early 70's, we had 4-5 feet of snow in the winter around here. We have NOT had that much since.

While I believe we need to stop polluting our earth, I believe for the most part, the earth has cycles, and we haven't recorded the weather long enough to know what kind of cycles we have been through, as humans.
edit on 24-1-2014 by chiefsmom because: addition

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Since the advent of the telescope and going back to Galileo the sun has been studied. A pattern (an approximate 11 yr cycle) of an active sun surface (producing a warmer earth) and an inactive sun (producing a cooler earth) have been historically noted. The sun currently is in a more inactive phase (and earth upper atmosphere is cooler, allowing the patterns that cause polar vortex--which is nothing new!--to dip further south) and establish the wx patterns NoAmerica is now experiencing.

The earth HAS been warmer (anecdotally Greenland was so lush as to have vineyards) and the earth has been cooler (with the added help of events like Mt Pinatubo eruption) that it is laughable to truly believe that your SUV, A coal fired electric generation plant, etc could DRAMATICALLY change what could even be PROVED in the time of Galileo is preposterous. Please learn climate history and see how easily (for fun and grant profits) we have been led astray.

I truly believe that many good intentioned people who want to be good stewards of the planet have been used by those who can make money off of them. Think carbon credits and then read up on the business side of the "carbon indulgences" industry ie, the now defunct Chicago Climate Exchange.

It's weather...and it changes. Hourly.

Waiting for the first "denier!" alert...

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Glinda

Funny you bring this up.

that it is laughable to truly believe that your SUV, A coal fired electric generation plant, etc could DRAMATICALLY change what could even be PROVED in the time of Galileo is preposterous.

I haven't bought a new vehicle. Ever.

But just today, the company bought a new Ford Edge. On the paperwork:
"Vehicle emissions are a significant cause of climate change and smog."
When did this propaganda start?

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
A new guy (to me) seems to have forecast the last few years weather extremes.... his web sight is weather action.com and his name is Piers Corbyn. He is an astrophysicist and is the originator of a revolutionary solar weather theory (which seems to work) of how the sun's solar wind/radiation has more effect on our climate than others care to admit. Anyone can talk the game but he seems to be nailing what is going on since 2008 from what I have heard.

Nothing is going to change anyones mind one way or the other until they are flooded with global warming or frozen with another ice age.

He talks rather slow and gets on my nerves but: he certainly seems to know how to predict major trends.
The video is from Weather Action TV 26/4/2013 where he predicted the weather before and after that date.... He seems to think it will be an ice age... There are others who say the same thing only for different reasons... Either way just another tidbit to add to our data base and which way the weather needle is pointing... He talks so slow it is enough to put me to sleep...

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

He talks rather slow and gets on my nerves

LOL. I'm glad you can't see me type.

Seriously though thanks for the info.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by justreleased

It is absolutely none-of-the-above. Look at the Earth over thousands of years and you'd see that its just what the world does normally, periodically and repetatively.

You think the dinosaurs turned to each other and said "Hey Barney? Kinda cold today ya think?"

Its only because we are here to notice it. The Earth is still just doing what it does naturally.

Cold spells, heat waves, tsunamis, hurricanes, tornado, ice storms, cyclone, tidal waves...are all normal. NORMAL for the EARTH. And will always happen.

edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: spell ckg

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

So you are so willing to blame it on cycles but have no clue what drives them.

Typical lazy denier.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Wow.
So I guess because you don't hold to the same beliefs some others do around here, your lazy. That was kind of mean.
So, I'll help you out.

First how about ocean currents?

And how about the fact that even Volcanic eruptions can affect the weather. But I suppose those are our fault too.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join