It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would you run it? Government Idea Thread

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
So the government sucks... How would you run things?

What would you change, specifically, about the American Government; minute or major?

I would create a direct online democracy. We should vote real time to decide our laws. ##SNIPPED##

We could have a website set up where we could login and see each candidate's biography and stance on every issue they've taken a stance on. You could see when it was time to vote and let's say it was three months away, you could put a future ballot in, in case you don't sign in on election day.

Some laws would fall under public referendum. Every state should have it. ##SNIPPED##

I'd also write laws to make all information public matter so people didn't have questions about government experiments and such.
edit on Fri Jan 24 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: drug legalization talk is NOT allowed. Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
i would televise education.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I'd tie all elected officials paychecks to their approval ratings. Everyone would start off at a set salary. The more your voters like you, the more you get paid. The lower your approval ratings, the less you would make.

I'd also have a submarine instead of Air Force One. I'd also dress up like a homeless person and talk to people, I'd get the "word on the street" so to speak.

If I was king for a day, everyone would also get a free cheeseburger. Everyone loves cheeseburgers.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Borrow £100 billion.

Invest in minning atsroids.

Pay off all my goverment debt.

Retire in my solid gold house .
edit on 24-1-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I'd give everybody an ancient Pre-Inca stone wheel.

Why?

Because supposedly they didn't have the wheel and it looks cool

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
No more [so called] public representatives being on the underground payroll of big business. Force the elected officials to work for the citizens of this country rather than the fascist mega corp controlled oligarchy.

End the kickback corrupted style of government; the current despicable kleptocracy, where elected officials have cushy highly paid board of directors jobs waiting for them with the corporations after they finish their "public" service.
edit on 24-1-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

link   
*Heavy Tax on outsourcing business*

*Cap the salary of the CEO, depending on his lowest paid employee*

*Welfare only for 1 year, any job is given if unable to find.*

*3 kids max per family, or heavy fine*

*incentives for green products, such as electric cars, solar energy etc*

*Ban Bacon!*
jk.

link   
DP
edit on 24-1-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

SLAYER69
I'd give everybody an ancient Pre-Inca stone wheel.

Why?

Because supposedly they didn't have the wheel and it looks cool

I could pull it around my forty acres with my mule...

I want two things from the Government...Deliver my mail, Stay the hell out of my life.

Love that Ronald Reagan quote...📫

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

ChefSlug

I would create a direct online democracy. We should vote real time to decide our laws. Also, I'd legalize marijuana.

We could have a website set up where we could login and see each candidate's biography and stance on every issue they've taken a stance on. You could see when it was time to vote and let's say it was three months away, you could put a future ballot in, in case you don't sign in on election day.

Some laws would fall under public referendum. Every state should have it. It's how Colorado legalized marijuana; people just voted on it!

I'd also write laws to make all information public matter so people didn't have questions about government experiments and such.

All excellent ideas.

I would only add the need to eliminate money as well. Get rid of the financial sector and redistribute the work that's left over.

edit on 24-1-2014 by Bone75 because: oops

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ChefSlug

My very first move would be to FIRE EVERYONE and start from scratch...

Then I get the people involved in ushering in a new day in politics! The people would get kind of like a census form in the mail, they would then be encouraged to watch videos of my new people running for office. This would be me personally monitoring the people's votes! If I had to stay awake for 2 months straight, I would make sure the people get what the people want!

I would be the first person ever to actually work FOR THE PEOPLE, like this was intended to be all along!

The people don't matter to our government anymore and it is very sad....I would 100% change that and get everyone involved.

That would be my first step as soon as I took over, no doubt in my mind!

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Ill roll it all out when the time is right.

All I can say is that ideas are unstoppable and have the power to destroy barriers and erase boundries.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I would make it so Monday night football is on every day of the week.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

SirMike

I would make it so Monday night football is on every day of the week.

Wait......Would that then make it still "Monday" night football? I love the idea!! Not to mention making the football season longer than 5 months!! Then a freaking break of 7 months in between....Bunch of crap!! lol

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I would institute a system to punish any politician anytime they publically say or do anything against the constitution or bill of rights. This includes any proposed bills or laws that violate the aforementioned rule.

The punishment would be 20 lashings with a Malaysian style cane while being read the constitution by a narrator, and this would be televised on all network channels. After they receive their punishment, the politician or judge, or appointee would then reaffirm their oath of office in front of the television camera, even though some would be sobbing and in tears, especially the women like Feinstein and Boxer, and Murray, and Pelosi.

This would be a guaranteed way to get America HONEST again. GUARANTEED.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

alienreality
I would institute a system to punish any politician anytime they publically SAY or do anything against the constitution or bill of rights. This includes any proposed bills or laws that violate the aforementioned rule.

Doesnt that violate the 1st Amendmnet right there? I think you need to give yourself 20 lashes

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

crazyewok

alienreality
I would institute a system to punish any politician anytime they publically SAY or do anything against the constitution or bill of rights. This includes any proposed bills or laws that violate the aforementioned rule.

Doesnt that violate the 1st Amendmnet right there? I think you need to give yourself 20 lashes

When I say "say" I mean when they publically propose to violate that rule I specified, now since you failed to grasp that , you must submit to 1 whack across your arse.

Publically speaking in order to get support for something in clear violation of the rule I specified earlier, is tantamount to shouting "Fire" in a theater, when no fire exists. I admit, the wording of my proposal does need to be better written to avoid any misinterpretation.

I think you get it now..
edit on 24-1-2014 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-1-2014 by alienreality because: edit-added

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
*This is just a small list of mine:

Any politician who is caught working in the interest of any other country shall be led before a firing squad within 24 hours and executed in public view.

All welfare would end, except for the mentally handicapped and severely disabled.

All foreign aid would be stopped. Not one penny to any other country EVER.

An indefinite ban on immigration. Our cup is full.

All tax money has to be accounted for. Every cent.

No person shall have dual citizenship; You either become American or you remain foreign.

All prisons would be hard labor 16 hours a day, 7 days a week with absolutely no luxuries except for text books.

People who committed murder, beyond a reasonable doubt, shall be executed within 24 hours of the crime.

All executions should be done on the courthouse lawn for all to see.

Child molesters get castrated within 24 hours of their crime. If they repeat the offense then they get hung by the neck until death occurs.

No politician shall accept any donations from any corporation.

US school systems are to be re-written by un-biased people who have no need to distort history--and we should use a better math system.

The federal reserve would be owned by the American people.

90% of products on store shelves will be made in the United States. A self-contained nation is a prosperous nation. We make what we use. Sorry Hillary Clinton & crook friends

Nuclear power will not be permitted in any state.

Wall Street will be completely renovated and watched very closely. Any person guilty of 'Madoff-type' crime will be put to death by hanging within 24 hours.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I would set up in every region, councils of citizens, with all expected to participate, and full disclosure of all information, lots and lots of meetings and downloads, high clean technology brought out.

Everyone would have farms, homes built via community support or teams, not small function, but eco homes large and beautiful. Assets, lake and monuments, would be preserved for all.

Farms, homes, greenhouses and clean abundant energy.

No money.

System of high equality, high human and nature rights, high education and retraining, volunteering expected but not demanded, yet children free to try on many roles and career workshops while growing up.

The people empowered and educated.

Religions put to personal use only, with spiritual practices of meditation and psi development taught in every community.

Anger control therapy, problem solving, counseling healing regression therapy, meditational work done.

Many criminals released and helped to recover from victimized by illegal PTB crimnals who had no right to make such laws.

Those that were dangerous, counseled in Budda type prisons of peace and tranquility and creativity.

All goods that were clean and healthy, and goods that were recylcable and innovative, made from hemp, home grown quartz computers, and caviation, cold fusion, plastics made from hemp and vegetable slurries and so many things that would never harm earth or need to take over agricultural lands, would be produced in abundance for all people.

Beamships in our back yards, real medical care, preventative and treatments, high education, high creativity, high culture.

A kind of upgraded Venus System, a lot more beautiful.

People power, grass roots the first level of all governments.

No more royalty and PTB.

No patents or copyrights and all things created or invented that were good, accessed by all, including the most advanced surgeries and dental such as regrowing teeth and limbs, and positive use of HZ.

All of this possible now and its crimes against all souls that its not implemented. No one is a slave and its horrendous psychopathic crimes that there is any form of slavery on earth.
edit on 24-1-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Anything else is a crime against everyone here, including all their programming. They are covered with the blood and trauma of others and are answerable.

I am waiting for the justice team to show up.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join