It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Panties Panties Panties

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
At the time my youngest was 6 yrs old. My husband took HER to Victorias secret and opened a drawer.. and told her to pick out panties for mommy. SO she grabs handfuls of thongs and panties. I got that present for Christmas!!
Men are strange and sometimes sweet yet misguided creatures. Men.. do NOT buy your woman panties. DO NOT involve your children in getting her panties. Particularly if that child has a "princess problem" and chooses things sparkly, shiny, rhinestones, and bizarre colors and patterns.
Get her a gift certificate.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I have been truly happily married for 25 years. I have bought many clothes for my Darlin'; in San Francisco, it was humorous, because once I did the "scrunch test" on fabrics, the clerks often assumed I was shopping for myself and tried to direct me to the plus sizes section. Fahgettabou' shopping for shoes.

I know my Darlin's sizes. Still, I will never attempt to buy her bras or panties, anymore than she would attempt to buy my boxers. We each have fairly precise requirements, and the [expletive] retailers seem to want to screw with us by always sourcing different brands.

It's a crapshoot I'm only willing to play for myself. Every time either of us orders underwear, the other says, "good luck!"

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Hilarious!
I think that long panty thing was a panties and top in one. Pull up over the shoulders like suspenders. Like a very low cut one piece swimsuit

edit on 24-1-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by HardCorps

S&F! I just had my ab workout, thanks!

This has got to be one of the funniest threads I have ever read here. I shared this with my dad, he says, "you must be a brave soul to take on such a task, or completely ill-minded." LOL

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
LOL! That is hilarious! It was the thought that counts. Thank you for the laugh.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
A+ for effort!

Remember, when in doubt and buying clothes for women, go smaller. It can backfire on you due to the "OMG, I'm fat." thing. However, it does show that you think of them as smaller. It has always worked for me.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
My God man! where were you shopping a tent store.
Glad she did'nt need tampons, if your as shy as me when it come to those things, you would have went home with a bag of cotton balls, a roll of string, and some duct tape. Pun intended
edit on 25-1-2014 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Since we are discussing the difficulties of purchasing things for women I had to share one of my most embarrassing moments. When I was a young boy my mother would claim she was not feeling well enough to go into the store so she would send me in to buy tampons. It always seemed she would send me in with a handful of change. I would cruise the aisle to make sure no one was watching, grab the box and try to find an open line. I would hurriedly place it on the counter and pray to god I had enough money to pay for it. Sure enough one time I was short 11 cents. An older lady had come up behind me and saw my predicament. She told the clerk she would cover it and smiled and gave me a candy bar and told me I was a good son. But that night was the last time I ever bought my mother's tampax.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Panties shmanties!

I love G strings!

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

YOU might not have appreciated the shiny, flashy, gaudy things but my daughter would have LOVED them! hahahaha

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   

windcalmer
A+ for effort!

Remember, when in doubt and buying clothes for women, go smaller. It can backfire on you due to the "OMG, I'm fat." thing. However, it does show that you think of them as smaller. It has always worked for me.

NOOO!!!! DOnt listen to your own advise!!!
Have you EVER worn a thong thats a size too small??!!

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by grayeagle

Ahhh, you are a good son... but truly, there is nothing to be embarrassed about in that type of purchase, NO ONE thinks they are for you! When I was very young I hated making that purchase. I used to get all red faced standing with such a purchase because everyone DID know they were for me!

It shouldn't be nearly as bad when everyone knows someone forced you into an embarrassing purchase! You should have just smiled and said "Yes, they double dog dared me!"
edit on 25-1-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I am cracking up! Best thread I have read on here in a long time! What a sweetheart for even trying. There is no way my husband would have even attempted this venture. You are a treasure!

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

jacygirl

Still laughing at the 'granny panty' pic...."Erm...do these make my butt look big?"

jacygirl

Correct answer: "No, dear. I can't even find it amongst all that cloth!"

Incorrect answer: "Do you want me to tell the truth, or lie to you?" Yes, I actually said that once, long ago to a former wife. Maybe you can guess why she is now "former", but that was the end of me being dragged along for clothes shopping. It worked, but had unintended consequences as well...

OB just said "butbutbut you've gone clothes shopping with ME!"

I asked her if she noticed the far away look in my eyes on those expeditions. She said "Yes, but you pushed through it like a trooper."

A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

edit on 2014/1/26 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

justreleased

Too funny!

I haven't bought panties but I've been sent to buy tampons and pads.

Just for the hell of it one day I'm going to send a girl out to buy jock itch cream.

(hmm..... I don't know if it would be a good idea.)

I've been sent on those expeditions, too. When I get funny looks, I just grin and say "I use them as field dressings" and leave it at that.

No cashier has ever asked for my phone number.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

HardCorps
Remember now the clocks ticking, grab and go, make a best guess, I got a one in three shot of getting it right so this should be easy... I can do this... Needless to say my wife has made it quite clear, she would prefer if I refrain from buying her any kind of undergarments for the foreseeable future...

Dude. You have crossed into unchartered territory. The kind of territory where whatever choice you make will be wrong - size, color, intent, etc. If you pick too small, you are in trouble. If you pick too big, you are in trouble. Whatever color you choose - will be wrong.

What the hell are you thinking?
edit on 26-1-2014 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Thats what I do to make sure the wife never asks me to do anything like that again.
You should see me wash the car , all I do is move the dirt.
Or vaccuum the house, she calls is 'hover hoover' for a reason.

J/k I do help the wife occasionally.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

"Honey that is actually the display model, here is the receipt so you can go pick the correct size" - throws hands up and shrugs shoulders.

lmao thanks for posting this story.

RT

edit on 27-1-2014 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

nenothtu

jacygirl

Still laughing at the 'granny panty' pic...."Erm...do these make my butt look big?"

jacygirl

Correct answer: "No, dear. I can't even find it amongst all that cloth!"

Incorrect answer: "Do you want me to tell the truth, or lie to you?"

Hey nenothtu!
Ahhh...hahahaha
I hate the way women are always asking that question! So much so, that if anyone asked me...I would likely say, "No! It's your butt that makes it look big!" lol (I can be honest to a fault!)

jacygirl

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

OR....

"No honey, they don't make your butt look big - your butt just makes those pants look small!"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join