It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

911 response time to a B&E with kids at home? 90 Minutes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

They must have been busy arresting this guy...

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

Well I know it is hard for the blanket cop haters to do, but how about before blaming the police officers can we at least wait for the facts to come out?

What if it was a dispatcher error? What if the dispatcher entered the call in wrong? What if the dispatcher didn't dispatch it over the radio as an in progress felony? Hell, what if the dispatcher intentionally violated policy? It wouldn't be the first time that it has happened.

Also just fyi when I am patrolling I am responsible for an area that consists of over 10,000 people and almost 10 square miles of land, businesses, and houses. I can not be in multiple places.

Then factor in budget cuts and hiring freezes and there are simply not enough police in relation to the population in a lot of places.

Not saying that is what occurred in this situation. Just food for thought.
edit on 24-1-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-1-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

TorqueyThePig
Then factor in budget cuts and hiring freezes and there are simply not enough police in relation to the population in a lot of places.

And yet we are told that we need to relinquish our guns and let the "budget slashed", "hiring frozen", "not enough" cops to protect us and that they are the only ones worthy of carrying a gun?

Sorry Skippy....can't have it both ways.
edit on 24-1-2014 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

butcherguy
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

They can pass laws limiting our ability to protect ourselves.
They have no responsibility to protect us though. The courts have ruled that way.

Sad, isn't it?

Yes or worse than"sad"more like pathetic.And in this case the police SHOULD have sent someone over immediately as children's lives were at stake or couldn't the 911 operator figure that out?Simply inexcusable.To the OP,ask your local paper if they'd like an interesting story.Insist on filing a complaint with the police,if their not too busy that is.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TorqueyThePig

Also just fyi when I am patrolling I am responsible for an area that consists of over 10,000 people and almost 10 square miles of land, businesses, and houses. I can not be in multiple places.

I feel for you, because it is hard and going to get harder. People like myself who have always had great respect for the public servants who are there to keep us all safe, are getting to be afraid of you. it is becoming more unsafe for you also.

I have seen so many videos that make actually me cry and then I had a officer pull us over and ticket me (passenger) because he said I had no seat belt on, he said I put it one because I saw him behind us (tailgating btw)...I never go anywhere without my seatbelt, but he would not even let me speak he was angry that I tried to tell him I pulled the belt away from my neck (I am short) that is why he saw my hand on it. Small thing I know but the voice the anger, the superior attitude changed things for me.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join