It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Veil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
The veil is the fabric that can be described as the illusion of time and reality. Where this veil is placed under pressure or weakened, strange paranormal events may occur. These events can come in many different forms, such as apparitions, ghosts, time slips, and other psychic phenomena. There are many locations, which has as result of intensive emotional distress, electromagnetic abnormalities, increase the pressure on this veil and weakens the fabric. Vortexes may exist at these locations and act as a conduit between the various levels of dimensions that exist, which may allow various types of creatures and entities to past through into our time frame.

Individuals who are sensitive may sense these breaks and weaknesses in the veil, and see ghosts, and other psychic phenomena. Animals are also known to be particularly sensitive too, and act strangely in some cases where paranormal activity has taken place.

edit on 24-1-2014 by Frankinpillow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Frankinpillow
Vortexes may exist at these locations and act as a conduit between the various levels of dimensions that exist, which may allow various types of creatures and entities to past through into our time frame.

Great topic!! If you look into what I cut from your thread, you will find that there are many many religious buildings built directly on these sites. I have always been fascinated by that.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankinpillow

Very interesting concept! I will put that info in my 'data bank'.

I remember reading a long time ago that humans have the same rods ( or something) in their eyes that should/could allow them to see as well as a wolf, or an eagle - but they aren't functional.
It was proffered that we may have used them in the very early stages of our development, but when they no longer were needed for survival, they became dormant.
Same scenario with our hearing and sense of smell.

I wonder if some people have retained a greater degree of these senses than others.
Maybe some can see in a spectrum that others can not.

I do really like your veil analogy, though.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   

you have more info?

never heard of this....

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by UxoriousMagnus

It comes from a variety of different sources, some personal and other individuals experiences, others from studies concerning electromagnetics and psychic phenomena.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Frankinpillow

It comes from a variety of different sources, some personal and other individuals experiences, others from studies concerning electromagnetics and psychic phenomena.

so...like ley lines

or is this something different?

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Yes and other geomagnetic and electromagnetic influences as well.

publicparapsychology.blogspot.co.uk...

And frankly maybe even those factors, as yet unknown. We radiate an electro magnetic field so this may be influence as well.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   

UxoriousMagnus

you have more info?

never heard of this....

"The veil" is a pretty ancient concept. Even in the temple in Jerusalem it was said that a veil separated "the holy of holy's" from the rest of the temple, and was rent in two at the moment of Christ's passing. It goes back further than that even, and is represented in many cultures and practices. There are modern representations of the concept within western occultism where certain rituals are used to "pierce" or "part" the veil.

It's basically an analogy for the separation of our world from the spiritual world. So to pierce or part the veil is to glimpse the spiritual side of reality that we don't see every day with our physical eyes.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   

DeadSeraph

UxoriousMagnus

you have more info?

never heard of this....

"The veil" is a pretty ancient concept. Even in the temple in Jerusalem it was said that a veil separated "the holy of holy's" from the rest of the temple, and was rent in two at the moment of Christ's passing. It goes back further than that even, and is represented in many cultures and practices. There are modern representations of the concept within western occultism where certain rituals are used to "pierce" or "part" the veil.

It's basically an analogy for the separation of our world from the spiritual world. So to pierce or part the veil is to glimpse the spiritual side of reality that we don't see every day with our physical eyes.

yeah but I don't like that....

so I am going to pretend you never told me about this.

kidding aside.....going to look into it a bit....very interesting and have always been interested in ley lines and magnetic influences.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   

These areas are like 'power points'.
Depending on what is 'plugged in' determines what comes out. Plug in a psychopathic personality and we get banks....

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   

UxoriousMagnus

DeadSeraph

UxoriousMagnus

you have more info?

never heard of this....

yeah but I don't like that....

so I am going to pretend you never told me about this.

kidding aside.....going to look into it a bit....very interesting and have always been interested in ley lines and magnetic influences.

Certainly there are some who subscribe to the theory that electromagnetic frequencies can have influences on the "spiritual" perceptions of the brain. There is actually some research to corroborate this theory. Check out the research on "infrasound" if you are curious about natural phenomenon that can trigger spooky side effects in peoples perception of reality. Personally I think these natural explanations can explain some of the stranger activity people experience (as far as the paranormal goes), but I don't believe it can explain it all. Poltergeist activity in particular does not seem to be adequately explained by these theories, as it violates the known laws of physics.

But yes, the "veil" is an ancient spiritual concept. Whether it's all BS or has some elements of truth to it, I leave that up to you

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   

I heard on Art Bell Coast to Coast years ago about N.I.D.S. was conducting research on a ranch where they observed entities entering our time and space through a hole that opened up out of thin air. You might be on to something here.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Frankinpillow - someone can also be born with a thin veil, without a veil, or travel through the veil. Do a successful O.B.E. and your veil will be weakened, for example. There are tutorials on the net for that - look for .pdf files on it if you want to, they work.

I do agree with you on the location thing as well, but am just adding the personal aspect. I have a few female friends who see apparitions and the like.
edit on 24amFri, 24 Jan 2014 03:12:53 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

rjbaggins

I heard on Art Bell Coast to Coast years ago about N.I.D.S. was conducting research on a ranch where they observed entities entering our time and space through a hole that opened up out of thin air. You might be on to something here.

Sounds incredibly interesting! Do you know if the show is on YouTube? I'd love to hear it!

new topics

top topics

join