It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The cry for censorship!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

edit on 23-1-2014 by whyamIhere because: I would post but it would just get deleted...

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I just think people are pissed off. More and more these days clicking on a thread on ATS is like reliving a recurring nightmare. I mean, maybe it's just me, but every time I log on to ATS I feel like I'm walking in to a Doctors waiting room.

Patients is running low.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

verschickter
reply to post by beezzer

noticed. Not to step on your toes but I get the impression you have a exciting time in your life at the moment. Don´t know why I feel so, maybe it´s the sleep I miss

Actually, I have no life at the moment, tis why I'm on so much lately.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

LiveForever8
I just think people are pissed off. More and more these days clicking on a thread on ATS is like reliving a recurring nightmare. I mean, maybe it's just me, but every time I log on to ATS I feel like I'm walking in to a Doctors waiting room.

Patients is running low.

People sign on to vent their spleen, to get entertained, to talk about issues.

I sign on because it was either be on ATS or become Nancy Pelosi's towel-boy.

But everyone should have the opportunity to post, as long as they play by the rules.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

True.

But if there is a sudden increase in members crying out for censorship maybe the powers that be here on ATS should take note of it, after all, their members are trying to tell them something.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
No ATS member has the authority to 'gate keep' a conversation. Those posts would be considered OFF TOPIC and removed once alerted by the membership.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Well, Beezer, I have to agree with you. SO many threads give me some of the same feelings. I have found a solution, though:

Before reading anything on ATS, I drink at least 1 liter of carrot juice (fermented), and consume no less than 1 liter per hour of reading.

It doesn't cure stupid, but it makes their thoughts more tolerable.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

tothetenthpower
No ATS member has the authority to 'gate keep' a conversation. Those posts would be considered OFF TOPIC and removed once alerted by the membership.

~Tenth

Ahhh!

The "you're not the boss of me" clause in the T&C's.

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

nugget1
Well, Beezer, I have to agree with you. SO many threads give me some of the same feelings. I have found a solution, though:

Before reading anything on ATS, I drink at least 1 liter of carrot juice (fermented), and consume no less than 1 liter per hour of reading.

It doesn't cure stupid, but it makes their thoughts more tolerable.

Before I read anything on ATS, I twerk.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I know exactly where these people are getting their ideas from regarding brazenly arrogant calls for deletions and for outright censorship, but I will not reveal it because of a real concern that my post - here and now - will be censored, i.e., deleted.

Google it........I think y'all have a pretty good idea what I'm talking about - right?

As a matter of fact I refuse - on principle - to post any real content here in these forums. None of of my well thought out, and truthful threads will be posted here for that very reason. I go elsewhere for that; to places where I know my ideas will stand, and my threads and/or posts will not be deleted.

I speak from experience by the way. So now when I do post - which is not very often - I have to choose my words very carefully...........its a BAD FEELING !!!

edit on 23-1-2014 by ExoPatriotico because: error

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Imagine a site where everything had to be pre-approved and had to agree with someone's view of what's important!

Those are called CNN, FOX, MSNBC...

Peace

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

xuenchen
The baby attitude syndrome is part of it for sure.

But many people are so hurt by truth that they just can't handle it.

I think that is really causing problems - denying ignorance is pretty important -

Now, on to the matter of the content of posts - I don't mind reading alternative news stories here -

The internet is such a big place that someone going out and bringing a story back to ATS literally is helpful. I come here at least once a day because of that service.

That being said, of course I could agree with the idea of adding a few thoughts of one's own, research, a few extra links being a boon -

I do appreciate the news stories that are brought here, however. And celebrity stuff - that is definitely a new one. I guess it goes in the appropriate B.T.S. forum, depending on how crazy it is of course,
edit on 23pmThu, 23 Jan 2014 18:48:56 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

jude11
reply to post by beezzer

Imagine a site where everything had to be pre-approved and had to agree with someone's view of what's important!

Peace

But Fox says they're fair and balanced!

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

beezzer

jude11
reply to post by beezzer

Peace

But Fox says they're fair and balanced!

Do not forget un afraid.

They really need a new slogan...🚽

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Yeah, Beezer, I get what you're saying about people being whining pains in the rear if they don't like something. Like the whole world has to conform to their own personal way of seeing things, or they come unglued and have a hissy.

However, I want to address something: Some posters CONSTANTLY say, "Deny Ignorance". To me, that's incredibly subjective. What they're really saying is, "My viewpoint is fact, and yours, if I disagree with it, is ignorance." This phrase is ambiguous....catchy, but ambiguous, as one person's ignorance is another person's fact. Some things can be proven as fact. Others, not so easily.

If I see one more poster use that phrase as some kind of yardstick to prove their imagined superiority, I'm gonna.......[SNIP].

Note: I censored myself on that one.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

FissionSurplus
Yeah, Beezer, I get what you're saying about people being whining pains in the rear if they don't like something. Like the whole world has to conform to their own personal way of seeing things, or they come unglued and have a hissy.

However, I want to address something: Some posters CONSTANTLY say, "Deny Ignorance". To me, that's incredibly subjective. What they're really saying is, "My viewpoint is fact, and yours, if I disagree with it, is ignorance." This phrase is ambiguous....catchy, but ambiguous, as one person's ignorance is another person's fact. Some things can be proven as fact. Others, not so easily.

If I see one more poster use that phrase as some kind of yardstick to prove their imagined superiority, I'm gonna.......[SNIP].

Note: I censored myself on that one.

Many often use that quote with me.

I often reply that I eat crayons to make my potty look like a rainbow.

That shuts them up. LOLZ

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Ow! Here I wake up from a nice nap (I'm old and crotchety) and what do I see? Another RANT! I swear we need a RANT about rants or something like that.

Also we newer members need a rant about being new as we can't say "I wish for the old ATS," because that would make us look ridiculous wouldn't it. As to topics though it does seem that the more profound threads (ie require actual thinking) many times do not get that much activity while celebrity news is hot. Just look at that Duck Dynasty stuff. Such is life.

BTW Beez, love the new avatar.

edit on 096pm2727pm72014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Deny Ignorance: I have been using just that phrase more and more lately. Usually in response to people posting comments they make as fact that are often wrong and made without any research.

People post up maps of Fukushima radiation plumes that have been proven to be false, on this site they do it constantly. Find some little thing on the net post it up as a fact and never check to see if it is valid. Denying ignorance requires more than posting an opinion, it requires research to back up that opinion.

I have put up several threads over time asking people to not just pot an opinion but to research and post links as to why they had that opinion. Not one person did it.

It is appalling to see a two year old proven hoax to run into 50 plus flags without a Mod stepping in and saying "This has been proven to be a hoax: thread closed".

Advertising revenue is tied to click though traffic and as the model of the site is to be profitable it would not behoove the owners to close high traffic threads. I get that, don't like it, but I get it. In my mind the new ATS motto should be "Embrace Ignorance". No wonder some of the finer minds here on ATS have been mysteriously missing.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

It's my "rant" avi.

Someone suggested I get one.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I need to get one of a withering brain...... Or an exploding one.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join