It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI In HazMat Suits Raids Business For Possible Body Parts Trafficking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
This is probably black market organ donor news, but when the FBI starts hauling body parts out of a business in cardboard boxes while wearing HazMat suits, I couldn't help thinking of all the other possibilities. See what your impression is:

FBI agents donned hazmat suits as they carted cardboard boxes reported to be full of human remains from an Arizona body donation center Tuesday.

KPHO-TV reported that the Phoenix, Ariz., building that houses the Biological Resource Center, a human body donation program meant to further scientific research, is under investigation.

FBI agents and other officials were on the scene at the Arizona business Tuesday. Sources told news outlets the investigation surrounds the potential trafficking of human body parts.

WXYZ-TV reported the operation might extend beyond Arizona. Sources told WXYZ donated remains might not have been used for science but could have been sold on the black market.

The Biological Resource Center, according to WXYZ, might have ties with the Detroit-based International Biological. The latter business was raided in December with police saying they found remains from about 1,000 different people...

“I can’t tell you much,” Stephanie Grisham, spokesperson for the Arizona Attorney General’s Office, told KTVK-TV of the investigation. “All I can say is that it’s a joint investigation between the Arizona attorney general’s Office and the FBI.”

...Grisham assured the public that the suits were only a precaution.

The Biological Resource Center’s website says that the human remains are used by researchers to “study specific disease processes, develop and test treatments, develop new and exciting surgical techniques, assist in the creation of progressive medical devices and create new therapies to alleviate the suffering of the medically afflicted.”

SOURCE: The Blaze

Maybe it's just me, but I couldn't help thinking this is how a news story might sound in the aftermath of something like events in a Resident Evil movie, or a movie where vampires were farming humans for blood.

I know, they are probably selling organs to rich people (which may well be even more evil), but you never know...

All that was missing were the CDC and Umbrella Corp.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ikonoklast

Who knows?

I thought organs had to be kept on ice and transplanted pretty soon after someone dies?

I know that when my mother died they didn't come and pick her up right away(science donation).

I guess I could see the reason why they would do this. Perfectly good organs going to waste and all. Most of the time the bodies are just given to med students for a few weeks and then cremated.

Even if someone had something like HIV, if you were dying of liver failure I think you'd much prefer to have HIV over being dead.

Certainly sounds like something out of a book though don't it?

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Unfortunately it probably goes on more than in suspect of, in numerous locations. There's been cases where a body has been exhumed due to a criminal investigation only to find some of the person's organs were missing. There was no permission given, and the cases seemed hushed.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Gross. I wonder where these "parts" are coming from? A disgruntled funeral home director?

Anyway, I wonder if the FBI needs a hand...

(I couldn't resist)
edit on 23-1-2014 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
What jumps out to me is they:

“study specific disease processes, develop and test treatments, develop new and exciting surgical techniques, assist in the creation of progressive medical devices and create new therapies to alleviate the suffering of the medically afflicted.”

How do you do that with body parts or dead tissue? Unless... they have people captive somewhere they experiment on...
And the body parts being carried off are their remains...

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   

OrphanApology
reply to post by ikonoklast

I thought organs had to be kept on ice and transplanted pretty soon after someone dies?

...Certainly sounds like something out of a book though don't it?

I was looking at their website and they claim they don't provide organs or body parts for transplants, just for medical research. I would think you would still need to keep the body parts cool though.

It does indeed sound like something out of a book or movie.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   

CAPT PROTON
What jumps out to me is they:

“study specific disease processes, develop and test treatments, develop new and exciting surgical techniques, assist in the creation of progressive medical devices and create new therapies to alleviate the suffering of the medically afflicted.”

How do you do that with body parts or dead tissue? Unless... they have people captive somewhere they experiment on...
And the body parts being carried off are their remains...

Yeah, that's what jumped out at me too and reminded me of something out of Resident Evil or a sci-fi vampire movie where vampires are farming humans for blood. I don't mean to imply that's what was really going on, just that this is what it reminds me of.

But something about the FBI carting body parts out in cardboard boxes and body bags wearing HazMat suits just seems opposite of how you would expect things to be handled if a place was handling body parts for things like medical research and studying disease processes.

Watch out for the upcoming Zombie Apocalypse!

top topics

join