It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fetus of brain dead pregnant woman, "Deformed" and "Abnormal"

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

MOMof3
reply to post by FriedBabelBroccoli

I really do not understand where your anger and defense of this sci-fi experiment comes from? It is illogical. Put yourself in the mother's place for a second, if possible. Would this really be your wish for you and your baby? To bring it into this cold world, deformed, with no mother, the only one who would love it unconditionally? God gave us the intelligence to make ventilators to save lives, not this.

Read my response to wildtimes;

There was so much pseudo-compassion in this thread it was disgusting. Look at the tactics most of these responses engage in while crusading against their perception of "pro-choice dogma." They engage in a very selective compassion which only serves their own interests, usually selfish.

Like rabid dogs straining against their chains, chomping at the bit.

Just go back and read Bigfurrytexan's antics.

I never had a problem waiting until the term which viability is officially recognized. I happen to know several people with MD, family members suffering from dementia and turrets, and debilitating paralysis who are happy to go on living. I also happen to know several people who are perfectly healthy and absolutely miserable to the point of suicidal thoughts.

It was pathetic how excited these individuals were to pull the plug before official standards to "save money," or "prevent a miserable existence." Continuing on, they never even sited legal or medical precedent supporting their desires to end it all before the fat lady sings.

If it caused them emotional distress so be it, the extraordinary lack of intellectual integrity was appalling.

So many people calling the law wrong without knowing the law or even how to find it, claiming associations of its origins without sources . . .

-FBB

Provide ANY evidence of your BS claims.

They don't give a damn about the family's dignity or suffering which is made obvious by their responses. They are on a crusade against what they view as "pro-life dogma."

It wouldn't matter if the fetus were perfectly healthy, they would have acted the same. These types of threads pop up often on ATS Momof3, I suggest you write down some of the names you see in this thread and see how they act in those.

I guarantee you, you will be surprised.

-FBB

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
It is finally over and her family can finally grieve and let go of this mess.

After hospital yields, brain-dead pregnant woman taken off of life support

A pregnant woman who lapsed into a vegetative state late last year was finally removed from life-support on Sunday after the Texas hospital caring for her announced it would comply with a judge's order to disconnect her from the machines keeping her alive.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

FriedBabelBroccoli
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

FYI a choke cuts off the airflow through the trachea.

A strangulation cuts off the blood flow through the arteries.

-FBB

lol dude if it was about airflow, it would be easy to escape nor would it be as functional as it is. The truth is putting pressure on the trachea is just there to make sure they get into a freakout mode and when that happens blood flows goes into overdrive in the body especially the neck area. So yes if your chocking a dude out and your just going for airflow, your doing it wrong.

But I suppose it just depends on what you call a thing. Stranglehold or choke both would mean the same thing in a way.

And yes the whole point of a choke is to stop blood from going to the brain, not to stop oxygen from entering the mouth or trachea. You could technically make a guy pass out with a choke even if there breathing. In fights though it usually both things working in tandem that do it. But if you want try it out and you will see that even if a guy is breathing but his bloodflow to the brain is blocked by pressure on the arteries, he will go night night. And if you hold it a bit longer he will not be getting back up, or if he does he may have trouble remembering his name. And that may be the least of his worries.

You can even choke dude out using your legs here this vid shows how, and explains what is going on.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

CNN just said " no word from state capital whether or not they will intervene" , and there was apparently another group stating that the fight is not over....

It was also stated that she was finally taken off life support a couple of hours ago.

How can anyone intervene at this point? Why are they even discussing that???
They cannot bring her back to life, as it was, she was already dead. Any life the hospital was trying to hang onto was already gone. Not enough life to sustain a baby in the womb.

Have people lost all sensibilities ??

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
May they both rest in peace and their family gain the closure they needed.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

You don't need to link to an MMA video, I competed for several years under Joey Rivera. He was also an olympic alternate for the US judo team, but what would he know right? MMA is big in my state and all of the champions here would laugh at your video.

Choke
www.merriam-webster.com...

chokedchok·ing
Full Definition of CHOKE
transitive verb
1: to check or block normal breathing of by compressing or obstructing the trachea or by poisoning or adulterating available air

Strangulation
www.merriam-webster.com...

1: the action or process of strangling or strangulating
2: the state of being strangled or strangulated; especially : excessive or pathological constriction or compression of a bodily tube (as a blood vessel or a loop of intestine) that interrupts its ability to act as a passage

These are the medical definitions, you can go argue with the dictionary.

-FBB

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

We have members on this site who can't seem to stop arguing about it, too. Right down to quoting the dictionary and parsing words.

It is the way humans are. They find something they are passionate about, and when its over they have to cool off before they accept it being over. I remember several such examples over the last year. I think people are still talking about Duck Dynasty. LOL

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Your obviously talking nothing but hot air dude.

You know there is an ancient chinese saying that if you save a persons life your responsible for that person from then on.

So...Are you willing to put your money were your mouth is and take care of the baby no matter how it comes out. Chances are your not, and you just have an opinion about how things should be.

They don't give a damn about the family's dignity or suffering which is made obvious by their responses. They are on a crusade against what they view as "pro-life dogma."

The family didn't want any publicity to begin with or for this whole thing to be dragged out into the lime light. So who is on a crusade against there dignity here?

It wouldn't matter if the fetus were perfectly healthy, they would have acted the same. These types of threads pop up often on ATS Momof3, I suggest you write down some of the names you see in this thread and see how they act in those.

Your obviously not listening. If the fetus were perfectly healthy this thread would not exist, and one day you may read in the papers and internet something along the lines of this..."Miracle happened, Comatose brain dead practically deceased woman with the help of science gives birth to baby"

Obviously the fetus was having problems from the get go and was getting worse, in fact from all I heard it could have just been born a vegetable like the now deceased woman in question was and thrown in the biodegrades or sold to companies to make products out of or for science projects, which I have heard a lot of them are, so much so that its a big money business.

But ultimately none of this is your call, your just some guy with an opinion. They even tried to save the woman and baby and that didn't work. So how is anything you said even relevant? I would think the father and family and the doctors there would know more about it then any of us, and from all that they were saying and not saying, it was not looking good. They took it to court, and now the whole story can be laid to rest. What makes you so certain that your good intentions, if they can even be called that. Are really any good?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

galadofwarthethird

Your obviously talking nothing but hot air dude.

You know there is an ancient chinese saying that if you save a persons life your responsible for that person from then on.

So...Are you willing to put your money were your mouth is and take care of the baby no matter how it comes out. Chances are your not, and you just have an opinion about how things should be.

I tried that. It ended up with me being accused of being upset that my uncle didn't die.

I don't believe it in the manner that is typically taken in Chinese culture. But if you create a burden that society cannot tolerate seeing left to its own wiles due to the inability to function, then society will take up the burden of supporting and providing. This is something we definitely should discuss as a culture and a nation. Its unfortunate that the well in this thread was poisoned.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Um OK.

Here I can do the same.

Definition Of Definition.
definition

def·i·ni·tion noun ˌde-fə-ˈni-shən : an explanation of the meaning of a word, phrase, etc. : a statement that defines a word, phrase, etc. : a statement that describes what something is : a clear or perfect example of a person or thing

These are the medical definitions, you can go argue with the dictionary. -FBB

Maybe I should.

The obvious problem is when you take the literal meaning. Or what pictures it puts in your head and try to apply it to the mental concept it conveys in a subject populous. For instance "strangle" now you can strangle somebody by using a rope, or device, when they used to execute people by rope to the neck back in the days that was called death by hanging but it could also be called death by strangling. So ya! its all just jabber.

They were strangled but in general when people say thing like "when watching a thriller movie, and somebody is strangling somebody using there hands" You get this picture of an evil doer standing over a victim and strangling there neck with there bare hands. They dont call that chocking now do they? And generally the act there performing by definition of the dictionary is chocking the throat using two hands, only its called strangling by everybody, including the charterers in the movie, and the audience. Which is clearly not the case, because there just putting pressure on the trachea not the arteries. Thereby technically everybody is calling it the wrong thing.

See this random clip from a movie. Obviously the guy in the movie is not being "strangled" he is being "chocked" by every definition of the dictionary...And yet...I could put up more evidence for that if you want, hundreds more if I cared to.

So yes the definition of those two things as they are stated in the dictionary are kind of on the incorrect side, as they put different pictures in your head. But strangling somebody by using your hands to press on there throat by itself does nothing much but cause an inconvenience on a fully grown man or even to children. And also by definition like in MMA when they get the "rear naked choke" the matte lion. That technically is a strangle hold, yet they call it a choke, when in fact it should be called a "rear naked strangle"...Semantics eh! What can I say obviously the people who put the definitions in the dictionary did not take into account popular phrases and meaning, its all semantics. So ya in a way the dictionary is wrong.

In fact you could switch the definitions around and nobody would know the difference. For instance you could take all the definitions from "Choke" part of the dictionary, and put them in the "Strangle" category of the dictionary. And nobody would know the difference or argue. It literally is just what the most prominent most withheld definition in everybody's head that that is the correct one. Even if its wrong.

Which all leads again to what I said earlier. What you call a thing...

But I suppose it just depends on what you call a thing. Stranglehold or choke both would mean the same thing in a way.

edit on 4pmSundaypm262014f0pmSun, 26 Jan 2014 16:27:12 -0600 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Ya well it never worked either for them ancient wise Chinese zen masters who came up with the phrase and saying to begin with. Almost as if there is a distinction between the two...Go figure eh!

So...
Like many things. It works great in theory, but seems to work not so great in practice.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

intrepid
So this is basically a pissing contest between pro-life and pro-choice and this family has to suffer because of it?

Really?
Really!!
Where is Pro-Life or Pro-Choice ever mentioned???
Jeeez

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by research100

reply to post by peter vlar

Thanks for replying to my post.

What I got by most of the thread is that posters (and perhaps the other people who know about the story) didn't know that this was the woman's SECOND pregnancy, treating it like it was their first.

I need to look over and see what further developments happened, but as for now, I will reiterate that the judge should let the man take his wife off life support so he can grieve, then go and take care of his currently living child. Hope they can get out of the spotlight.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

Thank gods.

I'm glad she and her child are in peace.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join