It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiritual awakening...work of the Holy Spirit, Kundalini energy or opening mind on reason and logic?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
When I first time heard word "revival" or "awakening" it came from mouth of my Christian friend, who told a story of John Wesley-an Anglican cleric and Christian theologian who was responsible for Evangelical Revival.
www.youtube.com...

His evangelical theology was firmly grounded in sacramental theology and he continually insisted on means of grace as the manner by which God sanctifies and transforms the believer, encouraging people to experience Jesus Christ personally.

And I thought "wow"...is it possible that The Holy Ghost was doing such an incredible job among thousands of people, making them know that Jesus Christ is real and fill them with God's love and wisdom to live Godly life?

I am the person, who is addicted to "Uncle Google" so I could see on my own how many articles about Christian revivals is on the Internet.
Well, Christian revivals give HOPE at least for Christians who really want to "be united" as a one church of Jesus Christ and not be separated into various of denominations. Many believers pray for the same revivals that used to be some time ago to experience again work of the Holy Spirit in their private life, communities, societies, churches. This is a dream about revealing true "Word of God" among all nations of the world with the power of Holy Spirit.

CHRISTIAN REVIVALS- www.youtube.com...

Anyway...when I had an opportunity to talk with people on one forum in my coutry, who mostly practice MEDITATION for self-purification and to help the universe and whole humankind reduce hate, violence, wars on the earth and of course they are idependent spiritualists, who read some books from New Age shelves, but they are not officially in any New Age group, categorized group-that's why they are FREE individuals...they were talking about word "revival" or "awakeing" too.
And they experienced "Kundalini awakening", healing power of energy of life.
Maybe more in the context of the book of Anthony de Mello-"Awareness".

As far as I understood them humankind must to WAKE UP and understand that we all are "ONE" and in everyone of us there is a god or godness. And that we need to reduce all mental cages like religions, ideologies, different dogmas to be FREE.

SPIRITUAL AWAKENING- www.youtube.com...

The last and for sure not the last on the list of revivals there is "REVIVAL OF THE LOGIC".
Scientists, free thinkers, atheists want revival of the truth that is presence in KNOWLEDGE about origins of life, the universe.
And I think this advert describe it the best:
www.youtube.com...

IF U know any kinds of other revivals let me know and of course feel free to share your opinions on my observations about the subject of "REVIVALS" or "AWAKENINGS".
edit on 23-1-2014 by AnnieWolf19 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2014 by AnnieWolf19 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AnnieWolf19

Hello Annie. I am actually one who after years of study, practice and observations, think it is a combination of all of those.

I think as we progress in opening our minds, we become aware that all are a part of the whole. No matter what our religious beliefs or lack thereof...I can see value and proof in all of them, and I think that accumulates in creating a "whole".

Hope that makes sense! MS

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

To me a "revival" occurs any time that someone (preacher, priest, magician, philosopher, etc.) thinks that they have discovered some otherwise unknown facet of a religion, philosophy, or spiritual path.

John Wesley thought that the Anglican Church had become corrupt, and that instead of showing Christians the path to salvation, it was instead more concerned with worldly power and influence. In John Wesley's mind this meant that the Church of England (the head of the Anglican tradition) was no longer teaching the word of Christ. the revival that John and his brother, Charles Wesley, are credited with is the creation of the Methodist Movement, a denomination of Protestantism that sought to realign Christian teachings with the word of Christ.

I'm not so sure if I would consider Kundalini Yoga to be a revival necessarily. To my understanding the practice has never gone out of favor, or had to be "revived" per se. Kundalini Yoga, at its heart, is a process of spiritual purification—through meditation—that is meant to align the Chakra and open a metaphysical conduit for spiritual enlightenment. As I understand it, the practice is an attempt to connect Shakti awareness—our physical body and mind—with Shiva consciousness—the higher mind—producing a state of spiritual awareness and insight.

While knowledge of this practice has not always known to the Western World, due to it being an "Eastern" practice, I would not consider the interest in it—begun in 1918 with the release of "Serpent Power" by A. Avalon (John Woodroffe)—to be a revival necessarily. I would categorize Kundalini Yoga, and all forms of Shaivism, as roads to enlightenment, not revivals.

Other "spiritual" revivals that I can think of would certainly include the Neo Pagan revivals. Among some of the more known are the three forms of Celtic Polytheism: the Druidry revival of the late 1800s and early 1900s; the Celtic Neo Paganism revival stemming from Gerald Gardner's 1950s Wicca movement; and the Celtic Reconstructionist revival started in the 1980s. Along similar lines would be Germanic Neo Paganism and all of its sects, traditions, and denominations, as well.

Non-spiritual revivals could definitely include the Age of Enlightenment that saw in incease in logic and reason, the widespread use of the scientific method, and a reduction in adherence to faith-based, or dogmatic thinking. Groups like FreeOK and the Imagine No Religion Conference could arguably be seen as offshoots of the ideals expressed during the Age of Enlightenment.

Anyway, at a glance, those are a number of the "revivals" that I can think of. Hope you find some of them to be of interest.

~ Wandering Scribe

edit on 23/1/14 by Wandering Scribe because: edited the Kundalini part some

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Is it possible they're all hearing the voice of God heralding His return (i.e. a literal revival, or coming back from the dead)? They might not understand it as God's voice, but surely, it's not impossible that what they're literally feeling is somehow related to God's Voice?

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

mysterioustranger

Hello Annie. I am actually one who after years of study, practice and observations, think it is a combination of all of those.

Thank YOu for your gentle words.

But it is hard to believe that this is combination of all, because when people were focusing on experiencing God's work in their lives and societes through salvation in Jesus Christ during great awakenings and revivals they thought that the Holy Spirit causes everything...so I don't think so that they were experiencing for example 'Kundalini energy" or someone rational could say that they all were in massive hysteria.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

GodIsRelative
Is it possible they're all hearing the voice of God heralding His return (i.e. a literal revival, or coming back from the dead)? They might not understand it as God's voice, but surely, it's not impossible that what they're literally feeling is somehow related to God's Voice?

I need to admit that your queston is very complicated.

I can say that when people during personal or massive revivals, awakenings are praying to God through Jesus Christ they expect answer from Him not any other God...the same is in the case of people who want to experience awakening of Kundalini energy, so they are focusing on different formulas to experience that...but in the same time they do not know or think that according to the Bible this is contact with "evil spirit".

I understand that this way.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

Thank YOu for your answer, which is very informative
You've got much more knowledge in this subject than me.

And how it is in your case...have you ever experience any kind of personal revival or awakening?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

have you ever experience any kind of personal revival or awakening?

I think that I experienced personal epiphanies and revelations during my study, but not "enlightenment" as most people understand the term/experience.

There have been several occasions where my personal study of something—say, the Celtic goddess / Christian saint, Brigid—has lead me to a different conclusion than what the mainstream sources say. I have never turned them into cultural movements though.

Nor have I remained with a specific path.

I'm not an atheist, nor an agnostic, but you will not find me claiming to be a Buddhist, Christian, Muslim, Jew, Hindu, or any branch of Neo Paganism and Wicca.

I think that all philosophies, faiths, and spiritual paths, ultimately, fall short of delivering the "truth" that we, as a species, are so earnestly seeking.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

mysterioustranger

I think as we progress in opening our minds, we become aware that all are a part of the whole. No matter what our religious beliefs or lack thereof...I can see value and proof in all of them, and I think that accumulates in creating a "whole".

Hope that makes sense! MS

I haven't read past your post here, mysterioustranger....but I want to give you a 'star' and a round of applause, lol.
I agree entirely with what you wrote. Nothing to add.
Great OP also, S&F
jacygirl

top topics

join