It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Chrome Can Listen To Your Conversations

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

The exploit is a “serious security breach” that has compromised the privacy of millions of Google Chrome users, according to the programmer, who warns, “as long as Chrome is still running, nothing said next to your computer is private.”

The exploit turns Google Chrome into an “espionage tool,” adds the programmer, noting that the recording function can be activated by the use of sensitive keywords and be passed on “to your friends at the NSA."

The programmer reported the exploit to Google on September 19 last year and was met with assurances that it would be quickly fixed. However...the update was never released to Chrome users, with Google telling the programmer, “Nothing is decided yet."

Google Chrome Can Listen To Your Conversations

Well, folks--here it is. More proof that you can't trust ANYTHING from Google.

The corrupt Federal Government is determined to sink its fangs into every aspect of your lives, from eavesdropping on your phonecalls to picking up every private conversation in your home. There is no privacy left, unless we the people stand together against this monster.

It's time to boycott Google, boycott Apple, boycott major cell phone carriers. It's time to speak with the only thing that these evil corporations will listen to--our money.

Start using Startpage or DuckDuckGo for your web searches. Delete Google Chrome. Stop using Gmail and other public email services. Trade in your Android (and iOS!) smartphones.

Stand up for your rights NOW. Be willing to suffer the small inconveniences of not using these services in order to make your voice heard.

DESTROY the bottom lines of these companies, or let them continue to destroy the future of freedom in this country.

This is a war, folks. And the battlelines aren't privacy versus security--they're privacy versus tyranny.

Choose carefully which side you stand upon.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
W\ell, if they wanna see me surfing ATS, youtube, and my latest raid on Star Wars The Old Republic, theyre welcome to look on my computer

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Cool so other people spying on me can feel the pain of my two screaming kids running around for hours lol suckers . What a gold mine of info for what we are making for dinner .

I guess until I start making plans to take over the world I really don't have much to hide .

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by therealguyfawkes

as my computer does not have a microphone , they cannot possibly know of my plot to .... oh dam

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Yeah, just disconnect the mic.
Or turn the volume down.

Nothing to see here folks.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

not sure if you realize that speakers can work as a microphone .. if you redirect the wiring or unplug the speaker jack and plug it in the microphone jack .
eta ..one can try it using speakers or even headphones earbuds ..
edit on 23/1/14 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

HomerinNC
W\ell, if they wanna see me surfing ATS, youtube, and my latest raid on Star Wars The Old Republic, theyre welcome to look on my computer

For me, it would be cruzing beauty and gossip sites, this place, and putting things on my amazon wishlist.. oooooooooh inneresting stuff indeedy!

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by rangerdanger

"Nothing to see here," eh? I'm sure GC has emailed all their users with something akin to your solution, alongside an explanation as to why this vulnerability exists in the first place. Whew, I was almost considering the thought that the powers that be, in tandem with mega-corporations, whose services a great percentage of the public uses, were aiming to secure a surveillance-state. Thank heavens that I'm likely wrong in this concern, and there is probably no hidden agenda behind this. . .

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

C'mon - let's not be intellectually lazy here; it is the principle of the matter. Assume it were 1983, and internet capabilities were just as they are now: If it were discovered that the Soviets were using this technology to spy on their public, you can bet that the outcry from American political institutions would be severe; "This is why we enjoy freedom in America - freedom from government surveillance; something that defines our way of life, and seperates us completely from the ideology and practice of the USSR." After the fall of the Soviet Union, no one seems to care that the United States and her corporations are adopting strategies akin to something we would have expected from the Soviets.
Mass public amnesia and indifference - it must be something in the water.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Other browsers probably aren't much safer, would be worthy to look more into, prevent such things from getting into back doors that happen. Also, be weary of newer computers, laptops that may have built in microphones. Oh yeah, if your web cam has tape over the lens, might want to disconnect the device instead when not in use because the microphone can still pick up conversation.

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
What more people should realize is that TPTB are looking to gradually accustom the people to the surveillance state so they accept it as the new normal. From the lukewarm indifference I've seen thusfar, it seems to be working.

You folks should be OUTRAGED that these criminals would have the audacity to spy on your data and eavsdrop on your conversations. What's wrong with you people? How mad would you be if you came home to find a stranger rooting through your belongings, looking through your phone, and digging through your computer files?

You'd be LIVID. And that's exactly what these criminal fascist government is doing to you... EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.

Are you going to finally stand up and get the courage to do something about it? Or are you just going to roll over and die while these criminals trample the last vestiges of your rights?

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

therealguyfawkes
What more people should realize is that TPTB are looking to gradually accustom the people to the surveillance state so they accept it as the new normal. From the lukewarm indifference I've seen thusfar, it seems to be working.

You folks should be OUTRAGED that these criminals would have the audacity to spy on your data and eavsdrop on your conversations. What's wrong with you people? How mad would you be if you came home to find a stranger rooting through your belongings, looking through your phone, and digging through your computer files?

You'd be LIVID. And that's exactly what these criminal fascist government is doing to you... EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.

Are you going to finally stand up and get the courage to do something about it? Or are you just going to roll over and die while these criminals trample the last vestiges of your rights?

Great analogy & Exactly my point! You are awesome.

xox
edit on 23-1-2014 by kissy princess because: formatting error

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Well...they can activate a mic thats set to OFF and still listen. Like a phone even though it is off....they just enable it from their end...and thats been widely discussed here on ATS previously.

Oh. And if you have a webcam? At least turn it off too...and put a piece of heavy tape over the lens . And NOT clear scotch tape!!

edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: spell

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by therealguyfawkes

So do something then if it bothers you so much
I hate the speech of taking away our freedoms blah blah blah . So many people claim this and yet do nothing about it why is that?
The freedom fighters making change in the world one keystroke at a time.

I guess for some people they fail to see the bigger picture as to why the governments are putting all these things in place.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kissy princess

Very true. And how many of us have kids, who their schools provided a Chrome book.

I remember when this first started popping up, and being discussed here, many were in the 'I don't care, i'm not doing anything wrong.. let them look' camp. I remember thinking 'ooh that's not a good attitude to have'... cut to now, I have kinda fallen into that like of thinking.

That terrifies me.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
It's not a big deal. You don't have to sell all your # and go live in the mountains.
If you're that worried about it, don't use a computer. Not only can the government access what's on it, at any point, without the help of google, but by not using a computer, you keep websites like this free from all your fear mongering.
ANYBODY that knows anything about computers knows that there isn't really anything you can do to stop the government if they want access.
Throw away your smartphones, throw away your computers etc because there isn't anything else you can do.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

mysterioustranger

Well...they can activate a mic thats set to OFF and still listen. Like a phone even though it is off....they just enable it from their end...and thats been widely discussed here on ATS previously.

Oh. And if you have a webcam? At least turn it off too...and put a piece of heavy tape over the lens . And NOT clear scotch tape!!

edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: spell

This is true. I mean, you can unplug the mic, but that's kind of a pain.
If you're using a computer, you're at risk. There really isn't anything you can do to stop the government from accessing your devices.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Just reading up on it...and even watching Jesse Ventura and others videos on YouTube and elsewhere...its frightening what they've got access to tech-wise!

PS Have you seen that app on some tablet that if you need tech help you just click and a live person and their face pops up in the corner of your screen saying "Hi there! My name is Karen! How can I help you today?"

That's kind of scary too.
edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: grammar

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

kissy princess
reply to post by HomerinNC

C'mon - let's not be intellectually lazy here; it is the principle of the matter.

You have just said it, and that was one of the main reasons why sometimes its just better to lurk in here, as has been said, most are so accustomed to the fact and consider their lives so meaningless that the common response is: -"They are welcomed to it, what could they find?"-

I bet they wouldn't be as happy to let any stranger into their homes to watch and record them while on the crapper, or spying on what the kids are playing with, but you know what, I think many would just do that, sure come in, take a good look, in fact put some cameras while you are it, there is nothing to hide...

Its not the spying or the hiding that matters here, but the principle of freedom and privacy, the last few things we truly can call our own, but since most publish everything they do on social media, they gather its the same thing.
The complacency really gets me, the droning really makes me wonder, that they the eyes in the sky are doing such a great job, its kinda scary, that they don't really have to do much, when we give them all such an easy time, they don't even have to be so efficient when the majority just line up...

the more we delegate responsibility either for laziness, ignorance or comfort the more we loose, the more they gain.
Principles people, the principle being the search and upholding of freedom.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Better yet - know your enemy: become familiar with Linux-based operatiing systems; use Mozilla or Iceweasel; learn to hack; learn a few programming languages - and beat these f*ckers at their own game.

get started here, and the rest will follow:
lowfatlinux.com...
tails.boum.org...
www.torproject.org...
edit on 23-1-2014 by kissy princess because: links to add

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join