It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UK takes online 'hate crime' more seriously than domestic abuse

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by destination now

It was stumason who brought the April Jones family into it.

I merely pointed out that they were in the public eye and would be seen as celebrities.

They were instantly afforded more protection than a normal person would have been.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by bates

Yes, he mentioned April Jones family from the point of view that they were normal people, being abused by a normal person and that the abuser was taken to court. It was you who then claimed they became celebrities as a result of their misfortune and were therefore not normal people. Both myself and Stumason disputed that the parents of April Jones were in any way treated like celebrities.

Your entire OP seems to be based on the fact that Stan Collymore was not charged with assault against Ulrika Johnston, when he physically attacked her and he is now complaining about abuse on Twitter, combined with the two twitter trolls who were given custodial sentences for making horrific threats against a feminist campaigner and are somehow coming up with the theory that if you are a celebrity, people will be prosecuted for making threats against you, yet you will not be punished for a physical attack you have carried out.

If so, then plenty of examples have been provided to show that you are wrong on all of those assumptions.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

You accused me of bringing April Jones' family into my argument.

I did no such thing.

To claim they were not in the public eye at the time is bordering on absurd.

Why are you arguing with me about April Jones' family?

I'm baffled by this behaviour.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by bates

No, you claimed they were celebrities...they are no such thing. Yes there was a massive search launched for their daughter, with a tragic conclusion and yes it was a major headline story...the parents were not celebrities though.

I think you mistook them for the McCanns, who have been leading a celeb lifestyle since their daughter disappeared, but rather than just admit you made a mistake, you have now gone on the attack, accusing me of replying to the thread just to cause an argument, something which I can assume by your use of the word "again" you seem to think I make a habit of...a rather unjustified accusation I might add.

It seems to be you that cannot accept the fact that the premise of your OP is flawed and as a result have actually taken to throwing insults at other posters.

But fear not, I shall trouble your thread no more!

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Why are you now talking about the Mccanns?

<< 1  2   >>

join